Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Vietnamairsoft. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vietnam Band of Brothers ?
Topic Started: Jan 3 2011, 09:08 PM (689 Views)
chazzmonkey
Member Avatar
Veteran
I was thinking whilst i was watching Band of Brothers the other day, hows about a Vietnam version ?

they've done the European Offensive and the Pacific War, hows about folllowing a platoon on their '365-and-a-wake-up' ?

anyone agree ?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomlegg
Member Avatar
We Build! We Fight! SEABEES!
I like the idea but I guess they kind of tried that with Tour of Duty. The entire first season follows a platoon of the 196th Infantry Brigade (Light) either at Firebase Ladybird or on operations in the jungle.

An updated version would still be great :)

Cheers,

Tom

chazzmonkey
Member Avatar
Veteran
i dont think ive seen that. ill look it up. i think a new one on 'the beeb' with british actors, like BoB, would be good :good

Grim
Member Avatar
FNG
Tour of Duty is a must see. i have the boxed set of all 3 seasons. its what got me interested in nam. i remember watching it on Bravo years ago as well.

Grim

Jones71
3rd Tour
Grim
Jan 3 2011, 09:58 PM
Tour of Duty is a must see. i have the boxed set of all 3 seasons. its what got me interested in nam. i remember watching it on Bravo years ago as well.

Grim

Yep,fantastic series remember watching it many moons ago on the TV as a kid.

A few years ago forked out on a box set on Ebay and was really peeved that all the great music that i remembered in the original is missing :angry: :angry: :angry:

chazzmonkey
Member Avatar
Veteran
sounds like ToD is a must see.... ill look it up

Grim
Member Avatar
FNG
Yeah if you have FX its normally on around 3PM.

Jones your right i hate the fact that all the good music from the TV series has been removed and replaced by generic series music. there was nothing better than when 3rd squad boarded a chopper and on the road again, or fortunate son and the likes came on. Oh well, long live Zeke Anderson hes my hero.

Grim

Wild Bill
Member Avatar
3rd Tour
ZEEEKKKE :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted Image
Sorry... I'll get my coat...

chazzmonkey
Member Avatar
Veteran
Sky+'d for Satuday at 2pm on FX.... :D

aim
Member Avatar
2nd Tour
I know a secret :D

chazzmonkey
Member Avatar
Veteran
...want to share?

Door Gunner
Member Avatar
FNG
3 seasons of ToD, is an absolute pleasure. Even my Mrs knows who Zeeke is. Loved the 1st series in FB Ladybird.

Havent seen the Pacific yet, I'll get it off Amazon soon, but a Nam one would be brilliant. Anyone else notice the sheer volume of WW2 stuff on the military history channel, and theres very rarely any nam documentaries. It was a change to see that doc on Black Hawk Down.

chazzmonkey
Member Avatar
Veteran
yah i had noticed that :(

but, i did get a great DVD boxset for christmas. its just called Vietnam by the Hstory Channel, 6 DVDS of everything from MACV SOG to Tet Offensive to The Mobile Riverene Force :D

Door Gunner
Member Avatar
FNG
I sruck gold in a local pound shop, Vietnam Documentary ''Jungles of Death'' its called. Not bad, for a quid. One bit the narrator calles a Huey, a Blackhawk. Wasn't happy.

chazzmonkey
Member Avatar
Veteran
haha i found something like that about the iranian embassy and the red army faction/ PLF attacks in the 70s (opposing wars 'n ting' ) was alright, the reconstructions left a bit to be desired but for a pound each, not bad.

« Previous Topic · Boonie Rap · Next Topic »
Add Reply