Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
20th March - The Parliament Club, London
Topic Started: Jan 4 2010, 09:01 PM (1,342 Views)
bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Z- Chromosome
Member Avatar
Offal Manipulator
Dear Captain,
The vernal equinox, if I'm not mistaken. The Spring breezes, and other such favourable portents should bode well for this occasion.
Yours truly,
The Z- Chromosome

Jez
Unregistered

Looking forward to hearing new and old
Quote Post Goto Top

Tony Blyth
Unregistered

We have managed to get a small crew together (11) for the gig at the Inn.

All avid m set fans back in the day.

Can I put a small request in for a rendition of Alphaville - would drum up some very happy memories!
Quote Post Goto Top

Jez
Unregistered

ooh - now that's a bit cheeky - good luck with the request though, it is indeed a classic.

I know Bruce Hornsby takes requests throughout his shows. Not sure about SW. (whispering Cowboy Country under his breath).
Quote Post Goto Top

Flunker
Unregistered

Being as, I assume, quite a few of us are of an age where our sprogs are no longer rolling around on the floor and we would like to include them in the few fun activities we have left, what is the general opinion about bringing the (not so) little buggers along to see the Captain and crew? I appreciate this would expose them to the occasional overripe epithet but I'd consider it a price worth paying.
Quote Post Goto Top

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
Flunker
Feb 15 2010, 02:36 PM
Being as, I assume, quite a few of us are of an age where our sprogs are no longer rolling around on the floor and we would like to include them in the few fun activities we have left, what is the general opinion about bringing the (not so) little buggers along to see the Captain and crew? I appreciate this would expose them to the occasional overripe epithet but I'd consider it a price worth paying.

Well, there is a fairly spacious bar/cafe area outside the stage room, which one can escape to, and it is quite a friendly atmosphere anyway- not a typical club.

Let me check if there are any age limits anywhere.

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
There's no age limit.

Album won't be out yet, but we will do between 2-4 new songs from it.

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
Gig will probably just be over now. Wonder how it went and how the new songs sounded live. Shandy (or anyone else who managed to get there) you must do a gig report as soon as possible .... pleeeease.

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
Bitte, bitte!

Shandy
Member Avatar
Choose your own title - contact Bid
Hi all
I really, really enjoyed the gig. It was great to see the band live at last! I'm only just back from London, and a bit knackered, so will post a full report once I've got my head round it. In the meantime here is a picture I took of Bid whilst he was held in rapt attention at my sparkling wit and conversation!

Watch this space for more pics and words

Cheers
Shandy

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
What a great shirt! Look forward to hearing how the man behind it performed at the Parliament!!
Attached to this post:
Attachments: BidSML.jpg (36.99 KB)

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
It was quite good; I hope someone got some pics.

We did 5 songs from the forthcoming album. They worked ok, though having so many new songs in the set inevitably gives it a strange feel. I think a lot of the new songs will make good live songs.

Les Clochards and Falling Leaves were both very good, as expected, and the latter played their whole set under film and slide projections, which took me back.

For me, special mention must go to Glassglue, who were amusingly bizarre. The frontman looked like an insane experimental physicist.

Jez
Unregistered

Have to echo Shandy's comments - thought it was an excellent night.

Thought the crowd was bigger and slightly more appreciative than the last whilst due to time constraints The Captain only had time for 1 encore - left us all wanting more.

New songs sounded great and we even managed to squeeze a couple of bars of 'Alphaville' out of The Captain. Yey !!

A friend managed to film quite a few songs (plus a mini interview on the balcony)

Should be on YouTube soon.

Quote Post Goto Top

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
Just made that pic of my bonce a bit smaller to save on file space...!...

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Old Topics · Next Topic »
Add Reply