Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Stockholm - 21st November
Topic Started: May 17 2009, 05:44 PM (2,410 Views)
bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
At the Oden Teatern, with Blind Terry.

All organised by Mrs Platypus in her new rôle as Entrepreneur!

You can buy tickets via her new website.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
Well done, Mrs P!

Are you planning on going along yourself?

;)

THE LOVE ZOMBIE
Member Avatar
Castaway
Castaway
bid
May 17 2009, 05:44 PM
All organised by Mrs Platypus in her new rôle as Entrepreneur!

Dear Mrs. Platypus,
I raise my hat for your excellent choice of acts. Stockholm....it will be very cold, it will be very dark, it will be very expensive....oh, what the hell...it will be very much fun...so count me in!...Why, I may even give my velvet black cape an outing, as I pace the medieval alleyways, and cobbled streets of Gamla Stan looking for merriment, and hostelries with open fires and Scandic beauties serving special concoctions to those travellers foolish or brave enough to submit to the local brews....I am now palpitating with excitement, and I await your earliest confirmations, so that appropriate travel arrangements can be made....
Best wishes and good luck!
Yours truly,
The Love Zombie
p.s. Please send my regards to Leg Spinner, and remind him that he is overdue a post on the forum.

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
"Club Platypus @ Oden Teatern"

LOL!! ;)

tomiboo
Member Avatar
Offal Manipulator
Hari and Aino are pretty good as well, I saw them live in the same place where SW played in Turku just a few weeks after that. I hope you decide to come over to this side of Gulf of Bothnia again!

Swelly
Defrocked Priest
Tomiboo:
Quote:

I hope you decide to come over to this side of Gulf of Bothnia again!

Yes. Already the promo posters within the SW gigs are so beautiful and fun, the band should not skip this year either within the series of Finland concerts. Last years poster sadly wasn't commercially available at Dynamo Club, and this years design once again looks quite attractive. Who is designing these anyway? The club managements or the band itself? In addition the Club Platypus title sounds funny in a positive way, like already pointed out here. Maybe that is something, which is not always so obvious there within the indie scene for the outsiders (like maybe the potential French audiences), that there might be something funny and hilarious available within the good catchy music and the intellectual lyrics and style.

Just some thoughts after a long break here. ^_^

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
Hmm, well, we hadn't been planning to make this into a mini-tour (including Turku and Gothenburg), just because we won't have a new album out by then.

Stockholm is a special case, as I don't really consider the last gig at Landet to have been that well done- it was virtually not publicised at all, outside of Facebook. We have a lot of fans in Stockholm (I can tell, from the site visits), so that gig was a bit annoying.

Also...there are other considerations...

1) Normally, any trip which includes both Stockholm and Turku means having to leave a day between, for the ferry. Last time, we did fly from Turku to Gothenburg, but it was quite expensive. It's possible, though, as Les Yper Sound usually do Fridays...

2) The best way now for a band to fly to Finland is with EasyJet to Helsinki. There are no musical instrument charges (as with Ryanair). But, the flights are late, arriving at 20:00, so we'd need to go the day before, travel to Turku and find accomodation there.

3) If we were to do Turku, it'd be nice to also to play Gothenburg...but that'd mean playing Thursday and a lot of flying, or Monday and a day off.

4) I may fly to Stockholm the day before for press, but I don't know yet- it may not be necessary at that late stage.

Hmm, I'll think about it...

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
Oh, p.s.- I made the poster...:lol:!

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
bid
Jun 14 2009, 06:06 PM
Oh, p.s.- I made the poster...:lol:!

Thumbs up to the poster ;)

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
SeaUrchin
Jun 14 2009, 07:47 PM
Thumbs up to the poster  ;)

Oh, I didn't draw it myself (well, I did draw the platypus), but nicked it- it's a b&w line drawing by, er, "Naiad & Walter Einsel", which I coloured in with crayons and fruit juice.

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
We have such a modest Captain!

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
It knocks the spots off some of the stuff I saw yesterday in the Tate St Ives, where the reflection of the sea in the curved windows of the building was the best exhibit...!

Mrs Platypus
Lop-eared Delinquent
Here’s a good deal for those who would like to attend the coolest Stockholm-event, since Blur supported Kinks in the garden of the Museum of Modern Art,
in 1992:

Mod edit, while Mrs Platypus considers ramifications of giving discounts to foreign deviants :lol:

Mrs Platypus
Lop-eared Delinquent
Oh...forgot to mention:

If you're coming from abroad for this gig, and buy your ticket in advance, you'll also recieve a small goody-bag with Swedish treats:-)!

Mrs P

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
Mrs Platypus
Jul 2 2009, 09:35 AM
EVERYONE who’s travelling from abroad, to attend this gig and the premiere night of Club Platypus, will get at discount of the entry price. How big this discount will be, is depending on what part of the world you are travelling from.

Hmm...I wonder if some clever locals may buy their tickets from friends abroad, to get the discount. After all, the tickets will be sent by email...

Will there be any miscreant whippings? You could charge extra for that, though. On the other hand, some particulary clever locals may deliberately purchase their ticket from a friend abroad in order to be caught and whipped.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Old Topics · Next Topic »
Add Reply