Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Paris - 1st & 2nd June
Topic Started: Mar 31 2009, 10:10 PM (1,992 Views)
bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
01/06/09 - Le Baron, Paris
02/06/09 - L'International, Paris

Been wanting to take Scarlet's Well to Paris since the live band formed.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
Eh ben, ca alors!

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
Formidable!

THE LOVE ZOMBIE
Member Avatar
Castaway
Castaway
Oooh, la la! Tout finit par des chansons! Je vais la`- bas mes amis!

Dr. Sticky
Member Avatar
Laughing Mustang
Quote:

Been wanting to take Scarlet's Well to Paris since the live band formed.

Yes, you've come along way since Columbus! :P

Seriously, great news! Hooray! :D

Hogfysshe
Member Avatar
Keel Hauler
Le Baron...
a mile from where I lived in 1964.
click map, below.

Key:
A - Hogfysshe's pad, 3 rue D'Ankara
B - La Tour Eiffel
C - Le Baron, 6 Avenue Marceau
D - Arc de Triomphe

My ride at the time (more or less)
http://tinyurl.com/d5uwqb

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
Are you thinking of coming over to inspect your roots? Now you are bigger you could ride the Metro, though it lacks the sleek styling of your early mode de transport!

Shandy
Member Avatar
Choose your own title - contact Bid
Does anyone know what these clubs are like? The reason for asking is that our 10 year old daughter is a huge fan, and if Wife and myself went on our our own - well I think she would disown us.

So - are either of these clubs a suitable place for a 10 year old?

If not, then we'll just have to wait until The Captain books a gig at The Brewery Arts Centre in Kendal, Cumbria. (tel 01539 722833) - (just a small hint).

Cheers
Shandy

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
Shandy
Apr 21 2009, 08:00 PM
So - are either of these clubs a suitable place for a 10 year old?

Probably not, unfortunately...

Le Baron is onstage at 11:00, L'International at 10:00, and both are bars, I think.

With Alice due in August and Jen getting hitched in Sept, we may not play live again after this until Nov onwards.

Shandy
Member Avatar
Noooooo!

Well, I guess it's "invent a story time" so the wife and me can get to Paris. Daughter's a bit sharp though, so it could take some doing.

Boo hoo
Shandy

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
Shandy
If not, then we'll just have to wait until The Captain books a gig at The Brewery Arts Centre in Kendal, Cumbria. (tel 01539 722833) - (just a small hint).

Kendal Mintcake - the perfect emergency gig snack!

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
Shandy
Does anyone know what these clubs are like? The reason for asking is that our 10 year old daughter is a huge fan, and if Wife and myself went on our our own - well I think she would disown us.

Take another family with you, and drop daughter off with them for a sleepover, with the promise of as many pains au chocolat as she can eat in the morning? And a signed CD?

Shandy
Member Avatar
C's M
Apr 22 2009, 08:36 AM
Take another family with you, and drop daughter off with them for a sleepover, with the promise of as many pains au chocolat as she can eat in the morning?  And a signed CD?

Nice idea. But I fear that would be even worse - especially for the surrogate family of the night. If she knew we were at a SW gig just a short distance away while she was playing Scrabble (or something) - well - my imagination can't comprehend the terror. Never mind a signed CD - nothing less than a serenade from Alice and Bid would do the trick methinks.

No. We'll just have to wait until something more family friendly turns up.

So, how about Kendal? We can wait (I keep telling myself) until November. All the mintcake you can eat... Come on, you know you want to.

Cheers
Shandy

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
With regard to your comment about "invent a story time", have you considered going to Paris with another family and telling your daughter you are going to a show at the Moulin Rouge one night, and Manon Lescaut the opera another night? If I was a kid of her age, I wouldn't fancy watching a chorus line of overly made up high kicking dancers in frills and tassles, or a bunch of overly made up warbling singers in 18th century dress?

THE LOVE ZOMBIE
Member Avatar
Castaway
Castaway
Shandy

Dear Shandy,
Your daughter clearly occupies an intellectually superior musical appreciation plane than my eleven year old son who actually hates Scarlet's Well; but at least I don't have the problem of taking him to The City of Light on this occasion.

I offer the following advice:- A) Tell your daughter she can't go as it's during school term time, and both yourself and Mrs. will be sent to prison by the Education Authority for a very long time, and she will have to go into the care of Social Services, if she was taken to Paris by you for above gigs; B) Tell your Missus she can't go, as she is needed to stop at home and mind the 'wee 'un', and that you promise to behave yourself, and not drink too much biere!; C) Treat them to a slap up 'no expense spared' fish supper (to 'keep them sweet' as we say dan 'ere in sarf eeest Landan) before high tailing it out of Cumbria PDQ on the first available flight to CDG.; D)Make sure you bring them back a tacky little souvenir to show them what they didn't miss out on, and lay it on thick how horrible the whole escapade proved to turn out, and they certainly wouldn't have enjoyed themselves anyway in such a crummy city!: E)Be sure to remove and destroy any incriminating items from your baggage which may contradict D).

Good luck!

Yours truly,
The Love Zombie

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Old Topics · Next Topic »
Add Reply