Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
07/03/09 - Athens
Topic Started: Jan 18 2009, 08:59 PM (1,375 Views)
bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
Posted Image

At the Small Music Theatre on Saturday 7th March

Note the Weetabix and Shreddies on the poster...! I'm already peckish.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

THE LOVE ZOMBIE
Member Avatar
Castaway
Castaway
Dear Butterfly Lovers,

The exquisite 'ADONIS BLUE' (not to be mistaken for the common blue) is named after a youth so handsome, he was beloved by Venus ; and rightly so, because it is one of the most beautiful butterflies there is. Tropical in appearance, this is a butterfly who enjoys a long hot summer (oooh just like me!)....Virginity does not last long for the female adonis blue, as they are mated within minutes of emerging, almost certainly on their maiden flight. She then becomes a rather shy and retiring creature, meanwhile he's dashing around looking for more girls!

Reminds me of my last visit to Athens, twenty three years ago....

Yours reminiscently,

The Love Zombie
p.s yippee! yahoo! yeehah! to which I can now legitimately add 'yahsoo' !!!

Dr. Sticky
Member Avatar
Laughing Mustang
Please eat some baked feta cheese at one of the many restaurants upon any of the hills for me and the Mrs. (Our honeymoon spot).

I hope you find sandals.

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
bid
Jan 18 2009, 08:59 PM

What does it all mean? It's nice to have connections between things I like but can't work out the logic

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
SeaUrchin
Jan 30 2009, 12:16 PM
bid
Jan 18 2009, 08:59 PM

What does it all mean? It's nice to have connections between things I like but can't work out the logic

We're made from natural produce, we're good for children, and we'll keep you going all day long.

Hmm, Scarlet's Well breakfast cereal...now I'm thinking.

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
I'd like to add some strawberries.

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
'Total' yoghurt clusters are what you want.

SeaUrchin
Unregistered

No, strawberries - they can be drid but they have to be strawberries.
Quote Post Goto Top

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
That twas me!

THE LOVE ZOMBIE
Member Avatar
Castaway
Castaway
M's M
Jan 30 2009, 08:48 PM
yoghurt

Dear M's M and Sea Urchin,
In Athens, I will mostly be eating Greek yoghurt with clear wild honey for breakfast. Would you care to join me? There are some nice cheap return flights out of Luton and LGW.....

Sorry I've not been active on the forum of late, but have been extremely busy with matters of a fiscal nature, and Master James managed to get himself hospitalised twice in the last week, following a bonk to the head whilst playing Quasar. Added to which I've been trying to arrange my Easter vacation, and plan
my main annual sojourn to Spain...blah,blah,blah...

I may eventually get around to posting a very belated review / fashion notes of the gig in Notting Hill, but don't hold your breath. What made me think I could ever hope to fill the shoes of our number one copywriter/reporter I'll never know!
Talking of whom....What has happened to your lovely red wings?

Speak to you both soon...

Yours truly,

The Love Zombie

p.s. I mentioned to Bid that I believe I am the only member to have a 100% 'NEW TOPIC' deletion ratio...Let's see if my next foray can be a little less unpredictable, or contentious even(?)...And I promise not to invoke or enquire about the health or whereabouts of a certain individual again in a hurry (that's right, the one with the stained parasol and encyclopedic knowledge of the early punk/new wave scene!).I guess that means we have a vacancy for the post of 'Ship's Transvestite'.
Now there's a thought for my next 'NEW TOPIC' posting.....(?)

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
You're going to Athens?

I am going to Devon that weekend, as in the county, not the band member's boyfriend.

That was so funny about your topic deletion rate! I don't think we want a new thread about the post of Ship's Transvestite - I'm all for pushing him/her right to the back of the closet behind lots of heavy winter coats...

Unregistered

Have a beautiful time tonight and hopefully someone will tell us 'hame aboot' fans how wonderful it all was. Don't forget all the details. We like that kind of thing.
Quote Post Goto Top

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
talk about details .... I forgot to sign in.

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
Dear me, has it been 3 weeks already.
Well, it was very good!
5 of us went early, on different days. I went from the airport on Friday to do a show at Kanaliena in Piraeus, on Dimitris Antonopoulos' Rock Zone show. Played some songs on acoustic, and had a good time.
Next day, wandered about a bit, went up the wotsit and saw the thing. The scaffolding is now on the other side from 25 years ago, so that's something.
Was sunny and mild, and generally very pleasant indeed. Maybe because, though there were still many tourists there, it wasn't packed.
Gig was a strange but very nice bar with a kind of stage right in the middle of it, at the foot of a wooden staircase. Still waiting for more pics to come in, and I will transfer the video to see if it's ok, but it was quite dark, I think.
Very nice people there...! Hope we can go back.

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
Sounds beautifully esoteric and wish I could have snuck in there in all that darkness. I'm still waiting to hear all about the weetabix and shreddies though. Did they appear in any form and will they show up in the pics?

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Old Topics · Next Topic »
Add Reply