Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
A must-hear for all Monochrome Set fans!
Topic Started: Dec 30 2008, 08:52 PM (2,121 Views)
Dr. Sticky
Member Avatar
Laughing Mustang
Tim, I missed Thursday's show and only caught the last halfish of last nights due to some serious snow blowing in my driveway. We got hit hard. Nice to hear White Lightning. Is there any chance these 2 shows will be downloadable like the other 2?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
Point of clarification for us dwellers of more moderate climes: was that the snow blowing you, or you blowing the snow?

Dr. Sticky
Member Avatar
Laughing Mustang
Quote:

Point of clarification for us dwellers of more moderate climes: was that the snow blowing you, or you blowing the snow?

Well a little of both actually! Meant me and the gas powered snow blower were cleaning up the driveway, but it did little good as the snow was coming down so fast it just replaced what I was cleaning. Had to do it all over again in the morning and I have to go hit it a 3rd time now. Mrs. Sticky and me had a nice midnight walk last night through the foot+ deep snow which resulted in snow angels! I wonder if TKA got it as bad a few hours south in Columbus.

TKA
Bilge Pumper
We have a slight trace of snow down here, Dr. Sticky, but unfortunately there's no trace of the two most recent shows on the "Secrets" archive page yet, even though I mentioned your request to one of the men in charge.
For those who haven't heard the first two in the Mama/Mono series, here's the direct link to their storage page: www.wcrsfm.org/audio/user/18. If interested please act fast, because when #3 and 4 come up (if in fact they do), then #1 and 2 may have to come down.

Hogfysshe
Member Avatar
Keel Hauler
TLZ
Quote:

congratulations are in order on the occasion of your 500th contribution to the forum! I'm not sure whether this confers any special embellishment to your status
SU
Quote:

still trying to think of a title ... not very good at pinning down names. Think I am in need of milky bars and moet to help me think.

Philippe Cousteau
Quote:

ze Sea Urchin is a deceptive creature. It appear to move slowly.  But hidden cameras reveal it can move quickly, when no one is looking.  Special microphones captured the sound of the sea urchin as it moved like lightning through the ranks of the Scarlet's Well forum. When we amplify the sound, it is almost as if the sea urchin would be more at home on a speedway than under ze sea http://tinyurl.com/9ek3us

Fascinating.

Congrats Jaunty Djinn!

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
Superb name choice, SU, for no one can hold a candle to you when it comes to shimmying!

TKA
Bilge Pumper
Dr. Sticky, I should've added in my previous post that last Thursday's and/or Friday's shows will quite possibly be rebroadcast on WCRS tonight and/or tomorrow night, so maybe you can hear them that way. Last Monday's hour was a repeat of the previous Friday's, and even though Tuesday's wasn't a repeat of Thursday, it still wasn't bad -- one of the Steely Dan/Smiths episodes, with their song pairings being "Only A Fool Would Say That"/"Bigmouth Strikes Again" and "Haitian Divorce"/"Girlfriend In A Coma".

A bit more snow we had last night, maybe a half-inch on the ground now, making it extremely difficult to get around.

TKA
Bilge Pumper
In addition to our fourth consecutive week coming up with The Monochrome Set as one of our two featured artists, the repeats of "Secrets" next Monday and Tuesday night are going to be something special as well that Bid and the gang took part in. Here's the press release that's going out now to everyone in Columbus:

WCRS TO REBROADCAST TWO VERY SPECIAL "YESTERDAY'S TOP SECRETS"

In honor of Barack Obama's inauguration on January 20, two past editions of "Yesterday's Top Secrets" will be rebroadcast on WCRS (98.3/102.1 FM and streaming on the Web through wcrsfm.org) at 8pm next Monday and Tuesday. "Two Nights Of Election Night Coverage" originally aired on November 6 and 7, and next week's rebroadcasts of those landmark hour-long shows will allow the music to once again be heard that incredibly heralded the arrival of the man a full twenty, thirty, forty, and almost fifty years before he actually came upon our nation's political scene. Monday's lineup of stars paying tribute to President-elect Obama even though they didn't know him at the time their songs were written includes Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, The Byrds, Jefferson Airplane, Killing Joke, The Monkees, Laura Nyro, Phil Ochs, The Ramones, The Rolling Stones, Buffy Sainte-Marie, The Seekers, Steely Dan, Steppenwolf, and Stevie Wonder, and then joining the party on Tuesday night will be The Beach Boys, The Boxtops, Chicago, Glenda Collins, The Doors, Max Frost and the Troopers, The Impressions, Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66, The Monochrome Set, T. Rex, The Temptations, Timebox, and Dionne Warwick.
"Yesterday's Top Secrets" represents revolutionary music on revolutionary radio. Not the best-known songs of the '60s, '70s, and '80s, but rather some of the best. New segments of the show air at 8:00 every Thursday and Friday night on WCRS.

Hogfysshe
Member Avatar
Keel Hauler
http://wcrsfm.org/
http://wcrsfm.org/yesterdaystopsecrets

easy to use links, ...since otherwise me might suffer a breakdown

TKA
Bilge Pumper
Well, if anyone streamed in last night or Tuesday night, I'm afraid they may have been bitterly disappointed. Due to a programming glitch quite beyond my control, the first night of "Two Nights of Election Night Coverage" that aired on Monday was repeated again on Tuesday, and this very sadly meant no Monochrome Set, whose contribution to the Barack Obama proceedings would have been "Up". And concerning last night's show, I'm still trying to decide which it resembled more -- chopped liver or chop suey. At any rate, the operative word was "choppy", nothing made sense for very long due to numerous skip-aheads throughout the hour, due to several continuous uninterrupted technical glitches that of course were once again beyond my control. (Hey, how come everything's always "beyond your control"?-suspicious Ed.) I apologize for any inconvenience, especially to any UK listeners who set their alarms for 1am instead of getting a good night's sleep, and rest assured that steps are being taken to get the problems fixed as soon as possible. I hope things go better tonight and next week.

« Previous Topic · Old Topics · Next Topic »
Add Reply