Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Alice in the Underworld; some random thoughts about the album
Topic Started: Nov 26 2008, 05:58 AM (1,100 Views)
C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
Does anyone know if they do a Coles Notes for each of the albums? If so, I could really use the whole set.

:blink: B)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
M's M
Nov 27 2008, 10:57 PM
Does anyone know if they do a Coles Notes for each of the albums?  If so, I could really use the whole set.

:blink:  B)

Hey, gringo lady!

You no understand my crazy?

Unregistered

bid
Nov 27 2008, 11:32 PM
Hey, gringo lady!

You no understand my crazy?

You Caracas?

Forget the Coles Notes then - "potted potty" is not much good to me...
Quote Post Goto Top

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
Nunca más!

THE LOVE ZOMBIE
Member Avatar
Castaway
Castaway
Mi queridito M's M,
Que hora es? Tiempo cortar el nudo gordiano!
beunos noches,
El Zombie Amor
x

tomiboo
Member Avatar
Offal Manipulator
Dr. Sticky
Nov 27 2008, 03:14 PM
My two favorite tracks on AITU are Night Of The Macaw and Mr Mystery's Mother. When I saw SWell live in 2004, the version of MMM was insanely great and different from the album version (which is still great, but different).

Yeah, I can imagine that MMM sounds great live. It's a shame that I didn't know much about the band when I saw them live, the gig was one of the best that I've seen this year, but I think I would have enjoyed it even more if I had known some of the songs before. Apart from the very last song that SW played in Turku, "You Can't Get The Staff" (which was ace), I actually have no idea what else was on their setlist that night. Swelly did give me all the necessary information before/during/after the gig and answered all my questions and even told me the name of each song, but I have a terrible memory... I think most of the songs were from the new album though.

I just realised that the violin on the background is one of the reasons why MMM is such a brilliant song. I think people should make more songs about wolves (with howling of course) - ever heard 'Werewolves of London' by Warren Zevon? What a fantastic tune.

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
Dr. Sticky
Nov 27 2008, 03:14 PM
the version of MMM was insanely great and different from the album version (which is still great, but different).

I have also heard several insanely great live versions of MMM - it's a good feeling when a song you love turns into something different and perhaps even better.

« Previous Topic · Old Topics · Next Topic »
Add Reply