Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Scarlet's Well in Stockholm 29th October
Topic Started: Oct 30 2008, 08:06 PM (471 Views)
Mrs Platypus
Lop-eared Delinquent
Last night, a merry group consisting of 5 ladies and 1 gentlemen took the south bound tube out to the outskirts of Stockholm, to a small suburb with the peculiar name Telefonplan (named after the Ericsson headquarters which the place was built around). Opposite the old Ericsson factory, on Mikrofonvägen (Microphone Street!) there is now a quite posh restaurant/bar called Landet, which has a small-ish venue upstairs for club nights/gigs.

We had brought a bottle of Moet, which was shared between us, out on the street, in the chilly autumn evening.

Being in an even more cheerful mood, we then entered the venue, payed £3.50 to get in and bought ourselves some tasteless chardonnay. The place filled up quite quickly, it probably wasn't more than 75 peope there, but it felt really busy.

It turned out that the band had not yet (8.30pm) done there sound check, as there apparently was some equipment missing. They then had to do their soundcheck, in front of the waiting audience, around 9pm, which basically felt like they played support act for themselves. Everyone - band and audience was in a cheerful mood though, and people seem to enjoy it.

They then finally came on stage around 10pm. The sound wasn't that great at the beginning, but gradually got better. The first song was Savage and then there was a mix of old and new stuff (I can't remember all the songs though). From Gatekeeper there was:

This is the Story...
Piepentube
New Friends
Canvas
My Litttle Doll
November Night - and possibly 1 or 2 others

Then it was: Spirits, Raven, Dreamspider, Clop's Birthday, Jacob's Ladder, He's Frank and maybe a couple of others I can't remember now.

The new songs sound incredibly good live, especially my favourite, This is the Story of My Life.

What I will mostly remember from this gig though, was the very friendly and cosy atmosphere. The band all seemed to be in a good mood. There was no swearing ;) , but quite a few jokes on stage - and many happy faces and warm applause in the audience. A truly fantastic evening!

Finally - I apologize for spilling my pear cider all over the Scarlet's Well shop.

And, thank you, Bid and Alice for a nice afternoon/evening. I especially enjoyed the interesting disscussion about medieval hygiene and sex, we had, over the hot chocolate and cinnamon buns. And I'm sure you'll look gorgeous on stage in your glamorous Gina Tricot hat, Alice! Hope you enjoyed the smörgåsbord on the boat. :D

Mrs P

ps. Correct! I won't be coming to the gig in Turku, although I'm sure it would've been great fun.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomiboo
Member Avatar
Offal Manipulator
Hi Mrs Platypus

Will you be going to the Gothenburg gig on Saturday?
(not that I'll be there or anything obviously, just wondering...)

If you change your mind and come over for the Turku gig, you too can have a random Boo Radleys related gift. :rolleyes:

Swelly
Defrocked Priest
Mrs. Platypus:
Quote:

Finally - I apologize for spilling my pear cider all over the Scarlet's Well shop.

He hee, we will have rare collectors items to buy this evening at Turku, then, complete with original Mrs. P. cider-stains on them. :lol: :lol:

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
Thank you Mrs P, for a wonderfully evocative account of the gig in Stockholm and the interesting locale! Was there a "Sim Card Lane" anywhere around?

Nice too that you inadvertently had a double bill of the band due to their delayed sound check!

Funny about you spilling your drink. At The Apple Tree I stole someone's wine, at the Landet you spilt pear cider (note an emerging fruit leitmotiv). To make a hat trick, we are looking for a fruit-related drink incident now in Turku!

;)

Mrs Platypus
Lop-eared Delinquent
> Will you be going to the Gothenburg gig on Saturday?

No, I won't be going to that one. The S-holm - Göteborg high speed trains (or, whatever you call them in English), are always making me terribly travel sick.

>Funny about you spilling your drink. At The Apple Tree I stole someone's wine, at the Landet you spilt pear cider (note an emerging fruit leitmotiv). To make a hat trick, we are looking for a fruit-related drink incident now in Turku!

Yepp, you'll better be ready with some Salmiakki Koskenkorva, Swelly & Tomiboo.

tomiboo
Member Avatar
Offal Manipulator
Mrs Platypus
Oct 31 2008, 10:53 AM
The S-holm - Göteborg high speed trains (or, whatever you call them in English), are always making me terribly travel sick.

Hmm, maybe take one of the low speed trains then? ;)

Posted Image

Leg Spinner
Macaw Mucker
There was a great atmosphere at this gig, in front of a mixed and enthusiastic crowd.

The evening began with some very erratic DJing from Per. Luckily his counterpart Katja soon took over and restored sanity and decent music to the decks.

It was an energetic gig with a wide variety of songs, even going back to the first album, and winding up with a couple of M Set faves. The band, who just flew in that afternoon, looked as if they really enjoyed it.

Quite a lot of drink seemed to be consumed all around, but of course I gave that a miss.

« Previous Topic · Old Topics · Next Topic »
Add Reply