Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Gatekeeper
Topic Started: Sep 25 2008, 07:11 AM (2,472 Views)
Jürgen
Member Avatar
Lop-eared Delinquent
Just out of curiosity- will the new album be released on siesta ? - Is there a release date yet?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
Yes, Siesta 244, and will be released around mid-October, I think.

I should have copies before the first London gig to sell. I'll put it on the site soon...

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
bid
Sep 25 2008, 11:40 AM
I should have copies before the first London gig to sell. I'll put it on the site soon...

It's on! Fantastico!

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
I think it is the best album yet - favourite tracks are I am a Canvas, My Little Doll, Golden, It is, Beautiful (that's one track with an interesting arrangement of commas), and My Heart is Leaping.

I agree with Hogsy about the artwork - I love the gauzy pattern on the wings. In fact I wouldn't mind a blouse in that fabric, if the shop could possibly oblige (Size 10, please - petite if you've got it)!

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
M's M
Oct 18 2008, 02:50 PM
I think it is the best album yet -

Yes, I'm scared to start gushing about it in case I can't stop. I also like 'This Is The Story of my Life' a lot. It even has a line about knitting! My favourite tracks keep changing - I also get like that with Scarlet's Well albums - maybe it's because they are all so rich that you can discover new bits with each listen.

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
As usual, there are two old ones on this album.

"My Little Doll" was written in 1977, along with the earliest Monochrome Set songs, like He's Frank and Goodbye Joe. It originally know as "Vespas", and the lyrics have been re-written.

"Piepentube" was written circa 1982-1983, I think, but was never completed, and never had lyrics. Actually, I think it would fit in quite well with the Eligible Bachelors album.

Of course, I write songs all the time which I decide aren't ready, and place them, rolled up and wrapped in a red ribbon, in a cellar which is tended by a grumpy hunchback.

Falhawk
Member Avatar
Flamen Dialis
<strike>I'm being stupid probably, but I can't find it on the Siesta website? I needs a copy!</strike> oh OK I was being stupid, didn't notice it was in the shop HERE...

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
M's M
Oct 18 2008, 02:50 PM
I agree with Hogsy about the artwork - I love the gauzy pattern on the wings. In fact I wouldn't mind a blouse in that fabric, if the shop could possibly oblige

If the shop is going down that road can I book a outfits made of the artwork for each song please? The bat would do me for Halloween, the deer is very sweet and I also like the Indian with the bow and arrow - she is cool. Gauzy wings excellent as well of course.

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
SeaUrchin
Oct 18 2008, 04:53 PM
I also like 'This Is The Story of my Life' a lot.  It even has a line about knitting!

Indeed it does, and the knitters don't come out of it at all well, as I recall - at least, not the ones making woollen garments!

Swelly
Defrocked Priest
Just placed an order for the album to the forum shop (thanks for the tip M's M! ^_^ ). Hope to have it in time to warm up a little with the new songs before the gig at Turku, Finland in two weeks.

Jürgen
Member Avatar
Lop-eared Delinquent
Got my copy today - THANKS ! It sounds great after a couple of listens -....and I like the word "Piepentube"

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
I can see why, though "piepen" is a different kind of "peeping", isn't it?!

Dr. Sticky
Member Avatar
Laughing Mustang
Gatekeeper is excellent! From the 60's psychedelic smash in intro to the end, I love it.

Really enjoying Peter's guitar work on this one.

Scarlet's Well album artwork is always fantastic, but this one is my favorite. I really like the layout on the back cover and the mechanical part of the dress on the My Little Doll page.

Quote:

"My Little Doll" was written in 1977, along with the earliest Monochrome Set songs, like He's Frank and Goodbye Joe. It originally know as "Vespas", and the lyrics have been re-written.

What were the original lyrics?

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
Dr. Sticky
Oct 25 2008, 02:11 AM
Scarlet's Well album artwork is always fantastic, but this one is my favorite.

Are you angling for a shirt in that fabric too?

;)

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
Dr. Sticky
Oct 25 2008, 02:11 AM
What were the original lyrics?

I can remember, but won't say, haha.

I think Lester still has a very old rehearsal tape of it, which will never be released, teehee...

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Old Topics · Next Topic »
Add Reply