Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Bull & Gate, London : 15/11/08
Topic Started: Aug 28 2008, 09:26 PM (1,744 Views)
bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
With The Would-Be-Goods and maybe Monsieur Mo Rio.

Details to follow.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
What a great triple bill that would be!

SeaUrchin
Member Avatar
Jaunty Djinn
Peter will be busy!

Hogfysshe
Member Avatar
Keel Hauler
Quote:

With The Would-Be-Goods
remodeled website & new cd out soon (& available at B&G gig)
http://www.would-be-goods.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kg7dYJICSg

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
I like the Edwardian typeface and matching pinstripe wallpaper - it is very fitting!

Dr. Sticky
Member Avatar
Laughing Mustang
Yes the typeface is nice. Reminds me of the Strange Letters album.

This must be a recent face lift as I just checked the would be goods site a few days ago and it was the old one.

The new song clips in the DISCS section sound promising. Looking fwd to this and the new SWell album! It's a good autumn for cd releases. :)

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
Yeah, ok, copper, I did it. I did der new website. It wuz me.

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
Cecil Beaton would approve!

Swelly
Defrocked Priest
Dr.Sticky:
Quote:

The new song clips in the DISCS section sound promising.

The Matinée label even has 5 realmedia samples in full length at the deep of their site. Just click on the labelnumber on the newest WBG song title, plus find yet another one by scrolling down the main samples list. Indeed they do all sound interesting.

el roacho
Member Avatar
Willy Whisperer
I played there back in 1989 and my techno mate Phivos (aka The Scientist, now Pure Science) climbed up and fell from the traffic light outside, and broke his arm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Falhawk
Member Avatar
Flamen Dialis
Man that was good.
The sound was great, set was excellent and the band were - um - how you say it - ******* brilliant. I have some paltry pictures, I'll post a link later. Nice to see MsM and Urchin also, we made it back on time this morning :)

Unregistered

It was all great, wasn't it, and nice to see you Falhawks again, ditto young Alan Rickman, whose screen name escapes me, and of course to identify the Love Zombie at last after a false start with Tony Potts. If that was a bit of a gaffe, a certain member of the forum mistook Sea Urchin for Alice's mother, notwithstanding her patently gaminesque appearance. I don't doubt though that there was a compliment buried deep in the remark somewhere.

For myself, I am feeling much too rough to compose a proper review. I blame the supremely youthful and gadabout Sea Urchin, who kidnapped me and took me back to her hotel, where she made me drink red wine and listen to more music, tread crisps underfoot with the heel of my missing boot, and all of this while people were trying to sleep, several of them in the same room.

It was a lot of fun, for which I am paying dearly today.

Quote Post Goto Top

C's M
Member Avatar
Heel Scratcher
So rough indeed, that small posting technicalities like "logging in" are proving an insuperable hurdle.

bid
Member Avatar
The Captain
Admin
Well, that was quite good. Good sound and a nice size.

Was impressed by Mo's new band; very well rehearsed. Will be touring Germany with them. Good stuff from the W-B-Gs as well.

Falhawk
Member Avatar
Flamen Dialis
There's some pictures here, some of them are a bit blurry, I think the floor must have been moving around a bit.
http://gallery.me.com/falhawk#100133

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Old Topics · Next Topic »
Add Reply