Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Premodern Iberian mtDNA
Topic Started: Sep 1 2007, 08:28:31 AM (781 Views)
black man
The Right Hand
[ *  *  * ]
2006:
Alzualde et al: Insights Into the ‘‘Isolation’’ of the Basques: mtDNA Lineages from the Historical Site of Aldaieta (6th–7th Centuries AD)

Casas et al.: Human mitochondrial DNA diversity in an archaeological site in al-Andalus: Genetic impact of migrations from North Africa in medieval Spain

2005:
Alzualde et al.: Temporal Mitochondrial DNA Variation in the Basque Country: Influence of Post-Neolithic Events

Izagirre et al.: Descifrando los mensajes del pasado: analisis del ADN antiguo

Izagirre et al.: Rare haplotypes in mtDna: applications in the analysis of biosocial aspects of past human populations

Lalueza-Fox et al.: Neandertal Evolutionary Genetics: Mitochondrial DNA Data from the Iberian Peninsula

Sampietro et al.: The Genetics of the Pre-Roman Iberian Peninsula: A mtDNA Study of Ancient Iberians

1999:
Izagirre et al.: An mtDNA Analysis in Ancient Basque Populations: Implications for Haplogroup V as a Marker for a Major Paleolithic Expansion from Southwestern Europe
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Maju
Member Avatar
sorgina
[ *  *  * ]
Are you compilating the different studies spread in different topics?

Apart of the one on Neanderthals, I think I hadn't read only that on Ancient Iberians. It's interesting that sampled Iberians (from Catalonia) fall exactly intermediate between modern Catalans, Andalusians and Valencians, showing that apparently Catalans have been somewhat de-Mediterranized in the 2,000 years that have passed since (probably due to colonization from southern France in the Middle Ages). It's also noticeable that Iberians were not very different from modern Catalans but they had apparently some more "Neolithic Mediterranean" haplogroups such as J and HV.
Chaos never died,
the Empire was never founded.

black man
The Right Hand
[ *  *  * ]
Maju,Sep 1 2007
09:01 AM
Are you compilating the different studies spread in different topics?

There are lots of links I coincidentally find when in search of what I'm really interested in. When I know that a forum member could be interested in the coincidentally found links, I post them here. So it's good for the forum that you always give comments. Otherwise, I wouldn't post the links, either.

Diaz et al.: Determination genétique de l’individu Néolithique de Segudet (Ordino), les restes humains les plus anciens d’Andorre

Maju
Member Avatar
sorgina
[ *  *  * ]
black man
May 6 2008, 10:19 AM

In brief: c. 5000 years old. Haplogroup K (third most frequent among modern Andorrans, after H and U). :)

Wonder when will they start to realize that K is a subclade of U8 and stop listing K and U as separate haplos... :huh:
Chaos never died,
the Empire was never founded.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Africans and Occidentals · Next Topic »
Add Reply