Welcome to Hyrule Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Science Squad
Topic Started: Apr 7 2007, 04:49 PM (312 Views)
Game Freak
Member Avatar
King of Games
I will post the Science Squad here. I don't have time to put it on GFN, and i will get it published when it's done :D.

[size=7]Prologue[/size]

Looking back on my life, I realized that my life took a tremendous twist on a single day. December 25th, 2007. It was that day that a whole new path opened up to me. I would fight many battles and win many wars, and lose my most faithful soldiers. I was terrified, joyous, saddened, and even miserable at times on that day. That day I was also told that my best friend was moving. That day I swore friendship with him forevermore. He would stay forevermore…

[size=7]Chapter 1
The Beginning[/size]

I woke up on Christmas, eager to open the presents downstairs. I woke my parents up and we went downstairs. My mom started making some coffee as my dad sat down with the video camera to record this. I don’t know why he needed to record it, but okay. Whatever pleases him is fine with me. I opened the first present. It was a DVD of My Neighbor Totoro, one of many films by Hayao Miyazaki. The presents continue for an hour, mostly movies, video games and clothes. After about a half hour, we came down to the last present. It was very large. I had absolutely no idea what it was. Or what it was to make of my life. I opened it. The box read “Polymorph Ltd. Morphing System.” I still didn’t know what it was. After a few minutes I went upstairs with all the presents (about 20 or so) and came back down for the morph system thing. I read the box as it went upstairs. Apparently it was to be hooked up to the computer. I opened it up in my room and attached it to the available USB port in the front of my computer. I inserted the install disc. The screen flashed “Are you sure you want to install the Polymorph Ltd. Morphing System?” I clicked yes. It was done installing after 5 minutes. The monitor auto-launched the program. The computer screen read “Welcome to the Polymorph Ltd. Morphing System! Have you used a product from is before?”

I clicked no. It instructed me to put on the attached helmet-like thing. After I did so, it asked if it wanted to “download morphing software.” I had no Internet on this computer, so I clicked OK to show how stupid it is not to look for an Internet connection. It said “No digital memory drive in port E. Would you like to create one?” I clicked yes another time. I felt an itching at the back of my head, and then sharp pain, but it was all over in a few seconds. I still wondered what this program was. I never bothered to read the instruction manual. Maybe I should have. It started downloading files. The bar went all the way from one percent to 100 percent. It asked “Would you like to run this software?” it asked. I clicked yes again. It said, “Please choose an animal.” It gave a list of a few animals. It listed Chow Shepherd, Red Tetra Fish, and a wide assortment of indoor bugs, such as termites, silverfish, and cockroaches. I pressed “Chow Shepherd.” That was the kind of dog I had. The computer read, “Now creating Animal Library Structure.” That took about ten minutes, however it did it. After that, it displayed “Opening E:/Library/Chowshepherd.morph.” It finally hit me. Drive E was the drive with the helmet, and maybe…the morph thing is like lycanthrope driven by machines… All of a sudden, as soon as it opened the file, a sharp pain struck my head like a hammer. I fell out of the chair, and the helmet fell off. The screen flashed red and said “WARNING! HELMET REMOVED!” I passed out shortly after.

When I woke up around an hour later, the room seemed a lot bigger, and I heard a constant panting. Who was panting? The door was closed, the window shut. I got up. For some reason I got up on four legs. Why was this? I now remembered I selected “Chow Shepherd” from the long list of animals. I jumped up onto my bed where a mirror hung on the wall. I didn’t see a human in that mirror, but a very furry face nearly identical to my dog. I think it was identical to my dog. I was scared I would be a dog forever. I jumped onto the swivel chair as it kept swiveling around. I kept trying to get it to face the keyboard but it couldn’t. I jumped down and, suing my forepaws, stood up with my hind legs holding onto the desk. I looked at the screen, which displayed the same error message I heard an hour earlier. I tried to press OK, but my paw kept slipping on the mouse. I slid it from the side, and then picked it up with my mouth, trying to crunch on the left mouse button. My dog senses inside me (I think they were that of my real dog) wouldn’t allow me to put down the mouse. It tasted very good, with all the sweat from hours of use as a human. I kept gnawing on it, unable to resist the taste. I put it down and opened up the help window with a lot of difficulty. I slid the mouse over to “How did I become a (input animal here) and how do I change back?” I picked the mouse up and started chewing on it again as I read.

Dear User,
It has come to my attention that you have transformed yourself into a Chow Shepherd. You became this way because you own one. In your transformation, your body changed into your dog’s. You inherited her mind, her taste, her gender, everything. You still keep your mind and taste too. After your transformation your dog’s body fell into Zero-Space. If you want to go back to your true form you must give thought about being your true self. Remember the human you were and you will become it. Te system doesn’t even need to function with a computer. You simply touch any animal you please to add it to the library, envision yourself as that animal, and you will become it. The basic library is only derived from the animals found in this household.
Sincerely,
Paul and Matt Van Dyke
Company Owners

“Well that’s a relief. At least I won’t be a female dog forever,” I thought.

“What’s so bad about being a dog?” another voice thought inside my head.

“Who’s there?” I asked within my own skull.

“Your dog, Penny. I was once a person, transformed into a dog permanently. I could share this technology with you, but you probably won’t use it. I used it cause I felt life was pointless. There are so many frustrations in the human world. Being a dog is all about a life of ease and comfort. I learned that the hard way. After the transformation, I had no prior knowledge of life as a dog. There was no “animal brain” to help me on my way. You, at least, have me.”

“Yeah, I guess I probably won’t, unless I figure a reason to.”

Suddenly the phone rang. I couldn’t pick it up, and I heard my mom coming up the stairs to do so. The other phones were broken. Penny had the tendency to chew on them. I crawled underneath my bed, but couldn’t seem to wriggle myself under as a dog. Penny took over and helped.

My mom came into the room and answered the phone. It was Ed, my best friend from school.

“Oh really? That’s harsh. I hope you have fun in Japan then.” She hung up and started calling my name. I refused to act, until Penny started making our shared body bark from under the bed.

“What are you doing under there Penny?” my mother asked. I tried to explain, but all the came out were muffled growls and yelps. She asked me if I had needed to go outside to relieve myself. I felt that I needed some time alone with Penny to talk things out.

After relieving myself (which felt really awkward) I sat down.

“What do you think my mom was talking about?” I asked her.

“I think your friend is moving…” he replied.

“But that can’t happen. I mean…we have been friends for so long. He can’t just up and leave like that.”

“You could use that technology I was talking about to keep him here.”

“How would I do that?” I asked.

“I’ve always been quite lonely. I could use a companion.”

I got up and walked towards the backdoor.

“Penny? What’s your real name?”

“My name is…" she paused hesitantly. “Matthew Van Dyke.”

[size=7]Chapter 2
Decisions, Decisions[/size]

“Wait a second. You are the person who created the morphing program on my computer?”

“Yes. I invented it for the better of the world, and to help people handle stress as a human. Take a vacation. Spend a piece of life in the body of their household pet. The only problem was considering who would pay the bills, and they’d end up in a shelter after the government repossessed your house. I invented this and soon ran away after I invented the permanent version. I was adopted into a Jamaican family.”

“That’s where I bought you.” I cut in.

“Yes. That’s right. Life as a dog isn’t that bad. I have become used to it and I actually quite love it. It beats out a human any day.”

“So you’re quite comfortable being a *censored*.”

“It’s not much different, besides obvious reasons, and not lifting your leg when you use the bathroom.”

“Ok.” The door opened and we went inside and up the stairs to my room. I quietly shut the bedroom door and crawled under the bed.

“So why did you become a dog?”

“Stress. I hated all the fame. Why can’t people just leave you alone? When you’re a dog you just lay down all day and sleep. No one bothers you. Since my body disintegrated when I was swept up into my dog’s brain, the cops couldn’t come to any conclusions.”

“I think I will take up your offer. I want to keep my friend here forever.”

“Ok. Here is what you have to do.”

Over the next five hours I had demorphed and studied the language that dogs use. By the end of that period I had learned to understand dog fluently as a human, so I can communicate with Matt.
I got a telephone call from Cassaundra Hospital. It was a call from my friend John Rivera. He sounded horrible.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Car accident. I’m not sure if I’ll survive.”

“Well what are you going to do?”

“Hey. What happens…” he coughed many times, and I could hear faint sounds of blood spattering on the floor. “...happens. Only God knows…” I heard him throwing up another large chunk of something on the linoleum tiles. “He tried to speak again, but it was all stuttered and I couldn’t make anything out. Maybe he threw up his larynx.

“I’m not losing you.” Matt started gnawing at my pant leg. “Hold on a sec.” I pulled the phone away from my ear and covered the transmitting end. “What,” I said to the annoying dog.

“I think you should take care of him first. You could save Ed for your cat. John is in much worse condition and I think Ed is more of an individualist. He wouldn’t want to spend his life with me.”

“Ok,” I said.

“Could you also let me sleep in your room tonight?”

“Sure, just a sec.” I put the phone back up to my ear.

“I’ll be over there as soon as possible,” I told John. I grabbed Matt’s leash (putting it on him) and a briefcase of equipment I had prepared for Ed the previous day. I went out the door, towards the hospital.

“It feels nice to walk out, stretch my legs,” Matt commented.

“Sure does. Now what we’re going to do is go in, get him, and leave like nothing happened ok?”

“Ok,” he replied.

I couldn’t stand walking anymore, so I envisioned myself as Penny. My body started changing, and the darkening form next to me was disappearing. I grabbed the briefcase in my powerful bite and ran.

We arrived about 10 minutes later, and it would’ve taken longer if I walked as a human (sometimes 2 legs are better than…six.) We demorphed and went inside.

“Good evening. Can I help you,” asked the clerk at the desk.

“Yes, where can I find John Riviera?”

“Fourth door on the right down Hall 2 Blue Wing.” I thanked her and left for the destination. I walked into the door.

“Hey there. You sounded real horrible on the phone.” I came around the curtain and saw a huge pool of blood on the floor. I looked up at John. He looked horrible. He was missing half of his hair, and his right arm was completely missing. In addition his left arm was cut off at the wrist. There is no hope for him. I had to transfer him as soon as possible. First, I set the suitcase down and swore never to be a doctor when I grew older. I opened the case and pulled out two helmet things. I had cut out part of one so it would fit on Matt’s head. Afterwards, I strung a wire between the two and pressed a button on an attached control module. The severed body on the bed started disappearing. I asked if Matt could detect if he had made it. He said he couldn’t tell.

“Where…am I?” Penny wondered. John made it. I told Matt to take over for him and we left with the briefcase. A nurse went in and ran out trying to chase us down. We stopped and answered a few questions. The nurse quickly realized it’s impossible for us to leave with him. She let us go and we went out the door.

“Why am I a dog?!?” John yelled as he moved Penny’s head about.

“You were dying, and this was my only option. I had to save you. You’re one of my best friends.”

“So I’m a dog now.”

“Yes, and you won’t complain,” Matt said.

“So now I’m sharing a dog’s body with some other guy.”

“The dog’s a *censored* to be exact,” Matt corrected.

“Whatever.”

I told Matt that I needed to turn Ed into my cat still. It was going to be hard because the cat would most likely not be willing to have his body held down. I got Ed to come over and I set up my room to be prepared for it. The cat reluctantly stayed in its cage until I was ready. I stuck a much smaller helmet on its head and set everything up. I then waited for Ed.

“Hello?” Ed said as he knocked on my bedroom door. I opened it and pulled him inside.

Hello Ed. I heard you were moving to Japan.”

“Yes? So? We can still IM and call each other.”

“Well you’re staying here.”

“I can’t. My dad already agreed to the plans he was assigned to.”

“Forget family. You are staying with us.”

“I can’t. I must stay with…” He was ready to leave. He got up to the door and I snaked myself between him and it.

“You are going to stay whether you like it or not. You will be much happier here with me and my dog.”

“What about your cat?”

“That’s…” I paused to add emphasis. “That’s…where you come in.”

“What are you talking about? I’m leaving.” He pushed me down onto the floor and I yelled out for Matt. Matt leapt up from under the bed sheets and sank his teeth deep into Ed’s leg. He started screaming in pain.

“MY LLLLEEEEEEEG. WHAT THE HELL!!!!”

“You don’t need your leg. You are staying here with us. No problems. No stress, just sleeping all day.” I got up and wrapped a hard rope around his body, keeping his arms tied up. I set the helmet down upon his head and started up the control module again.

“You’re mad!” he yelled.

“I’m not mad. I am far from mad.” I pressed the button, and Ed’s body started to fade away into nothingness as the cat inherited his brain…
Completed:
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (2005)
- Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2006)
- Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Dec. '06)
- Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (7/24/07)
- Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (8/09/07)
- Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons with Final Ending (8/22/07)
- Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (4/05/08)
- Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (4/09/08)
- Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (4/12/08)
- Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (4/21/08)
- The Legend of Zelda (4/23/08)
- Majora's Mask (2/20/09)
Currently Playing:
- Zelda II: Adventure of Link
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wildrj
No Avatar
Peahat
well this made me come back on hf i like the story i want to read more so hurry NOW!
Programming is a way of life.
Posted Image
Which FF Character Are You? %mh%15%mh%

Link_of_animals
Member Avatar
Master of Cows, MASTER..OF THE WORLD!
Wow.. That's a good story. So he can change people into his animals
and their brain stays within the animal with the normal animal?
EVIL! :o
Posted Image

Game Freak
Member Avatar
King of Games
Link_of_animals
Apr 7 2007, 10:23 PM
Wow.. That's a good story. So he can change people into his animals
and their brain stays within the animal with the normal animal?
EVIL! :o

you make it sound confusing.

the transformer transforms into the transformee, and inherits the transformee's brain while still keeping his/her own mind, then the real transformee disintgrates and dissappears.

in a permanent transformation the transformer disintegrates, and his/her mind is inherited into the transformee's body.

EDIT - NOW i get what you're dgging at. Yes. I can change people into my animals and their *MIND* stays with the normal animal's mind within the normal animal's brain
Completed:
Currently Playing:

wildrj
No Avatar
Peahat
im still looking forward to the other chapters :D this can get real intresting really fast....:D yay
Programming is a way of life.
Posted Image
Which FF Character Are You? %mh%15%mh%

Game Freak
Member Avatar
King of Games
new updated version is out!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/gfnet/ScienceSquadEnglishProject.doc
Completed:
Currently Playing:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Game Freak Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme by Sith of Outline