Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to FMNorthAmerica. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sunday League unemployed Canadian; Redux
Topic Started: Jul 9 2010, 06:42 AM (554 Views)
SaintsCanada
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Okay, so I started a new save with patch 10.3 and some editing (previous attempt at the challenge was on 10.2, so I scrapped it).

Leagues:

Canada down to PCSL

USA down to PDL (including USL 1 and 2). As this is FM 09, I feel the game should be based on that season, so I didn't bother with the USL split.

England down to CCL
Spain and Italy top leagues playable
Russia, France and Germany top leagues viewable (for use in case of international management).

The manager: A 31 year-old Canadian Sunday-Leaguer, starting unemployed.

I set the managable teams in-game to PCSL only, because I wanted to start at the bottom and holidayed with apply to all teams.

It took until the 2016 season to land a job! I was hired by Kamloops Excel, an amateur club (PCSL is all amateur).

2016 season
Kamloops Excel -- Pacific Coast Soccer League (Canada)

Media expectation: 7 (out of 9),

Board expectation safe-mid-table.

I was hired fairly late, just a while before preseason, so I didn't have enough time to get too much scouting done. I only brought in a handful of players, so I'll make things short.

The season was a bit of a slog, we ended up with the best defence in the league, but the second worst offence. Boring soccer. Going into the last day of the season, we were one point behind 4th place (which would qualify us for next seasons Sheila Anderson Memorial Cup), and we were playing the 4th place team, Surrey United, head to head. So we needed to win. But we were away from home. We went down 2-0, I threw on a third forward, and we came back to 2-2. Had a few chances at the death, but it was not meant to be.

Season finish: 5th place.

G W D L F A Pts

16 6 5 5 13 10 23

Board confidence: Very pleased. Got a new one-year amateur contract (you can only get one year contracts I think at an amateur club).

During the end of the season, I was being linked to half the clubs in the Canadian Soccer League. Even though I have only been at the club for one year, if the opportunity comes to manage professionally in the CSL or semi-pro in the PDL, I will have to take it.

Season 2 to follow...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Coasterkoa
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Kamloops? Boo! Vamos Victoria United! Good luck next season. Hopefully you make the step up soon. I really like playing in the CSL for some reason. Perhaps I'm just a glutton for punishment.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Challenge Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply