Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to ADR Support UK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Uprights MRI scanners
Topic Started: Mar 13 2016, 10:01 AM (293 Views)
Alastair
Member Avatar
Alastair
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
There are only upright MRI scanners in Leeds and in London, I experienced one of these this last week and it's like being the ice cream in a sandwich wafer.

You sit in the middle of two upright walls in which the scanner is inside and you just sit in the area as the ice cream in the sandwich. I don't think they are as quick as the prone scanners, but it was certainly a weird experience.
Best,
Alastair :D
Founder of this board 24th February 2007
Slow and Steady Wins This Race
Over 23 Years experience and research into spine surgery and over 2500 surgeries discussed and recorded

ADR L5/S1 Surgery with Dr Zeegers 26th July 2002 in Munich
8 facet joint ablations 28 8 12 with Dr Baranidharan and Jake Timothy in Leeds Diagnosed Forestiers disease
Your Best Asset Is Your Health
I live in West Yorkshire aged 81 now

Knowledge is power
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bfdfix
[ * ]
If anyone wanted to know, although I haven't had it done, a one area scan at the Leeds upright scanner is 525.

No referral is required, however they won't do a scan unless you provide the details of your GP as the results will be sent to them (and possibly yourself, I'm not sure on that one).

Cindy2016
[ *  * ]
I enquired about the price of a flexion extension scan of my cervical spine at Leeds, over the phone the price quoted was 1000 approx. I think the charge for the NHS might be less, but getting this scan through the NHS is less likely to happen than swimming freely uphill during an avalanche. I think the circumstances would have to be exceptional somehow. I do know that the sitting scanners are more open and would bennefit those with claustrophobia. This was mentioned to me over the phone with Leeds - maybe as a way I could justify asking for the scan. :ph43r:

« Previous Topic · Interesting Articles · Next Topic »
Add Reply