Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to ADR Support UK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lumbar/Sacral MRI Scan; only 218
Topic Started: 1 Nov 2011, 01:22 PM (1,214 Views)
sansom
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Just thought i would post the link to this cheltenham based charity ,cobalt, i have just been quoted 218 for a lumbar/sacral MRI Scan!

Full spinal scan would be around the 500 mark.

Very cheap indeed!

Here is the Link.............

http://www.cobalthealth.co.uk/

B)
1985 Injured Back
85-95 Paracetamol, Physio Etc..
1995 DDD, L4/L5, offered Fusion, Refused.
95-09 Therapies.
2009 DDD, L4/L5 Central Posterior Annular Tear with Broad Based Protrusion, Thecal sac compression and crowding Cauda Equina, L5/S1, Central and Left Para central Broad Based Protrusion, compressing Thecal sac and compressed S1 Nerve Root, Fusion L4-S1 Refused.
2011 Awaiting Consult with Mr Boeree

40yrs Old Living in Bristol
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alastair
Member Avatar
Alastair
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That is very cheap indeed, the Spire hospital in Leeds charge 800 for an ordinary lumber MRI and over 1000 for one with contrast.

It looks like you have struck a goldmine there :D :D :D :D
Founder of this board 24th February 2007
Slow and Steady Wins This Race
Over 23 Years experience and research into spine surgery and over 2500 surgeries discussed and recorded

ADR L5/S1 Surgery with Dr Zeegers 26th July 2002 in Munich
8 facet joint ablations 28 8 12 with Dr Baranidharan and Jake Timothy in Leeds Diagnosed Forestiers disease
Your Best Asset Is Your Health
I live in West Yorkshire aged 81 now

Knowledge is power

Kirst77
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
The Cheltenham one is very good, I went there in 2009 and they really did look after me, the cost then was 218-00, so since then there has been no increase of the cost, which is always a good thing to hear!.

There is also one in the midlands to which is even cheaper, not had personal experience of this one but may do in the near future. The web site I saw stated that for one area the cost was 195-00. An added bonus is that it is a open scanner too.
1994 Back injury
2000-09 Pain clinic
2009 Mr Boeree
2011 ADR M6-L & decompression @L4/5
2012 Multi level facet degeneration, dehydrated disc, hyper extension due to adr, ossification of anterior longitudinal ligament, bugles throughout lumbar area, loss of disc height, stenosis, kyphosis.
2013 onwards ADR Frozen in wedge position ends touching
Nottingham pain clinic
Zommorph, Capsaicin, Versatis plasters

Kirst77
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Sorry forgot to put the link lol :D

http://www.cmcimaging.co.uk/
1994 Back injury
2000-09 Pain clinic
2009 Mr Boeree
2011 ADR M6-L & decompression @L4/5
2012 Multi level facet degeneration, dehydrated disc, hyper extension due to adr, ossification of anterior longitudinal ligament, bugles throughout lumbar area, loss of disc height, stenosis, kyphosis.
2013 onwards ADR Frozen in wedge position ends touching
Nottingham pain clinic
Zommorph, Capsaicin, Versatis plasters

sansom
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Wow even better!
:blink:
1985 Injured Back
85-95 Paracetamol, Physio Etc..
1995 DDD, L4/L5, offered Fusion, Refused.
95-09 Therapies.
2009 DDD, L4/L5 Central Posterior Annular Tear with Broad Based Protrusion, Thecal sac compression and crowding Cauda Equina, L5/S1, Central and Left Para central Broad Based Protrusion, compressing Thecal sac and compressed S1 Nerve Root, Fusion L4-S1 Refused.
2011 Awaiting Consult with Mr Boeree

40yrs Old Living in Bristol

Alastair
Member Avatar
Alastair
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This looks like a really good modern facility at a very reasonable price and "open scanners" are very patient friendly :D :D
Founder of this board 24th February 2007
Slow and Steady Wins This Race
Over 23 Years experience and research into spine surgery and over 2500 surgeries discussed and recorded

ADR L5/S1 Surgery with Dr Zeegers 26th July 2002 in Munich
8 facet joint ablations 28 8 12 with Dr Baranidharan and Jake Timothy in Leeds Diagnosed Forestiers disease
Your Best Asset Is Your Health
I live in West Yorkshire aged 81 now

Knowledge is power

« Previous Topic · Links · Next Topic »
Add Reply