Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The United Nations Old Guard. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Forum Categories
Topic Started: Oct 4 2004, 01:11 AM (110 Views)
Frisbeeteria
Unregistered

I think we need a couple or three new Forums here, if Enn would create them.

Obviously, we need a place to fine-tune UN proposals and discuss theoretical new ideas

I'd also like to see some sort of super-user forum (all-Mod or all-Admin would be fine) for having private discussions and recommending new members. It should not be viewable by guests.

Quote Post Goto Top

Mikitivity
Unregistered

Frisbeeteria,Oct 4 2004
01:11 AM
I think we need a couple or three new Forums here, if Enn would create them.

Obviously, we need a place to fine-tune UN proposals and discuss theoretical new ideas

I'd also like to see some sort of super-user forum (all-Mod or all-Admin would be fine) for having private discussions and recommending new members. It should not be viewable by guests.

I completely agree with that.

I'll suggest one forum just be a place to show links between the UN and other forums. That way if one of us sees a UN thread in another forum we can alert the others. General and the RP forums have some overlap. Technical and Moderation topics are *always* of interest. Basically you could create a sub-forum for each non-UN NS forum.
Quote Post Goto Top

Enn
Secretary-General and Founder
Admin
I've fixed it up a bit, should be better now. The original thread was just that - an original thread. By no means meant to include anything an everything.
Also known as Istahan, Garialda, Aluzian, Anden, Darsomir, the Remnants of Enn and Dasri. Plus a few others I can't remember, and never lasted past 30 days.

Since 13 January 2004!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sophista
Member Avatar

Members
After spending a few minutes brainstorming, I couldn't come up with something that doesn't fit at least generically within the updated forums. The only other idea I could come up with is a "trash can" kind of forum, where normal forum rules don't apply. That gives people a place to display the hideously-large, frame-breaking images, irritating fonts, etc. without fear of the moderators punting them and their post counts. I'm not sure how useful it would be given the target audience of this forum, but it's worth mentioning.
Daniel M. Hillaker
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Chief Ambassador to the United Nations
Chairman of the UN Commission on Flowery Prose and Cutting Remarks
United Nations Resolution Writing Guide Author

The Federated States of Sophista
"Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity."
sophista@gmail.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Spanners and screws · Next Topic »
Add Reply