Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Clan Thikket; Bodacious' Army Diary
Topic Started: 4th June 2016 - 11:29 AM (676 Views)
Bodacious
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Lo and behold!

On that day, the 4'th of June, a sigh of great relief did pass throughout The UnderEmpire.net.

For on that glorious day, Bodacious, messiah of skavendom, did paint a single clanrat and posted it on the internet.

Faithful Skaven players from around the world shook paws and patted eachother on the back: the great work was complete.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So yeah, watch this space for more pictures and updates as I work on my new Skaven army: Clan Thikket. Oh and click the images for bigger versions.
Edited by Bodacious, 4th June 2016 - 11:30 AM.
My Blog - My Army Diary - Twitter: @DaanofWar - Steam: DaanofWar
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ben_S
Clanrat
Nice start.

Now give us 100 more! ;)

SkavenDan
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Yeah and then do my 600+ for me lol
Posted Image Twitter @SkavenDan

YouTube SkavenDan

SkavenBlight Radio Website

Twitch SkavenDan

Kimzi
Member Avatar
The one and only.
Nice army! :D

I like him, simple but neat!
,,,^_^,,, Proud owner of Clan Yersinia Pestis ,,,^.^,,, | >-- Possessed Mordheim Warband --<

Grey Lord Skreetch Warpfang
Member Avatar
The Great and the Mighty
I find myself in the same dilemma. That, and AoS.
Join Moulder Pitfighters today!

Posted Image[/center]

Guildenstern
Member Avatar

He looks awesome!

Also just wanted to say I really like your army name!
Love to paint? Looking to improve? Or do you just enjoy contests? Check out the upcoming Painting Competition Categories!
Posted Image

Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar

Great, even Bodacious has got more painted Clan Rats than me now....

And it's well painted too!! :'(

bold choice going with black bandages. I don't think I've seen any color but dirty white on those for some reason.
-img-http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/underempire/PRS%20Banners/2hfhshwet.jpg[/img]
This Space for Rent

Royos
Member Avatar

Green is good, always said that. Is it going to be apart of a larger Pestilence theme? or you just like green?
Royhammer (Army Diary)

Bodacious
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
I got a new laptop so I can finally upload progress!

Most of the stuff below hasn't been properly based yet, I've ordered some high summer grass tufts, but they're taking a while to ship. So look forward to updated pictures soon.

@Royos: This isn't going to be a pestilens army. I've chosen the green because I'm going to go with a kind of forresty/grassland theme. It's probably going to be very obvious once I'm properly done with all the basing.

@Guildenstern: Thanks :) . Clan Thikket is going to be a forrest dwelling skaven clan, hopefully this will show when I've worked on the basing a little.

@Everyone else: Thanks for the comments. This is going to be a horde army so expect a lot more clanrats before this thing is done. I'm working on a 30k army on the side as well, so I hope to make at least a little progress each month, but it's probably not going to be leaps and bounds.

Posted Image
4 additional clanrats! I got 15 more assembled and basecoated, so hopefully those'll come along soon. Big clanrat swarms are kind of my objective this time around.

Posted Image
A rebased, repainted warlock engineer! He's going to be the engineer of my first enginecoven (spoiler alert: It's going to be a Whirlblade Threshik coven). Since I name all my heroes, I've dubbed this one Shreddak Speedkill.

Posted Image
These are going to lend a bit of weight to that enginecoven choice. Now I only need to get myself a doomwheel and some stormfiends.

Posted Image
If anyone recognises these: You've spent too much time on UE probably. For the uninitiated: these are my old master moulder and abomination conversion. I rebased them and I figured they didn't really need a new paint job to join Clan Thikket on it's march to glory. Master moulder is in need of a new name. I kind of doubt his predecessor would have survived the end times. This is clearly a new diciple of Survivik's teachings, probably found his old research notes and faithfully stole/replicated it. If there are any suggestions: I am open to them.

Posted Image
These are some rat swarms to round out a small Moulder contingent that I thought would be nice to have. I rebased and painted these up actually before that first clanrat, but as it goes with rat swarms, they're kinda hard to work out a colour scheme on and think of an army theme with. And I'm all about the theme this time around.

Edited by Bodacious, 20th June 2016 - 04:29 AM.
My Blog - My Army Diary - Twitter: @DaanofWar - Steam: DaanofWar
Posted Image

Wolfwerty33
Member Avatar
Agent Supreme of the Shadow Council
Two things:
1. You got the text for the rat swarms and the text for the abomb and moulder around the wrong way.
2. Skaven Name Generator, including the ability to select Moulder names.
The tale of the Shadow Council (WIP)

« Previous Topic · Army Diaries · Next Topic »
Add Reply