Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Council Election Discussion; Split of Council Election in announcements
Topic Started: 22nd May 2016 - 06:45 AM (416 Views)
Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar

No I literally meant "I have temp work." I anticipate a need to have someone read, classify, and move every single thread made in the last two years. Experience has taught me that 25 threads an hour is a reasonable rate for this kind of thing. At 1600+ threads, that's 65 hours of work. If I did that myself it would take nearly a month, and the board can't be in maintenance status that long.
Olorin the Ancient
28th May 2016 - 12:42 AM
There was a suggestion of having limited moderators in the Hobby Tunnels, who would be be given access and allowed to do all the work of a Hobby moderator, but without a Council member's voting privileges or admission to the Council Chambers. My strong opinion is that this scheme of limited privileges would be unfair. Nobody is paid to do anything here, but at least if you're on the Council, you have a say in the UnderEmpire's governance. All of the Council members are equal: that's how it's always been. If you're going to do the work of a Council member, you should have the same rights as a Council member.
Technically the proposal was the dissolution of the Council as a single body, and the creation of tunnel specific teams. Hobby, Tounements, Sigmar, KoW, 9th Age, Storytellers, and Campaigns each get a team of up to 3, who need no approval to do whatever they need to in their section, and who therefore get no say in any other section. The VerminLords maintain the common areas and settle disputes between teams. Any ruling (such as member bans) which affects all sections equally is voted on by all.

Currently seated councilors can either pick a team, or help equally until retirement, when their replacement would be team specific.
Edited by Nurglitch IX, 28th May 2016 - 06:32 AM.
-img-http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/underempire/PRS%20Banners/2hfhshwet.jpg[/img]
This Space for Rent
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bodacious
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Olorin is talking a lot of sense.

Quote:

No I literally meant "I have temp work." I anticipate a need to have someone read, classify, and move every single thread made in the last two years. Experience has taught me that 25 threads an hour is a reasonable rate for this kind of thing. At 1600+ threads, that's 65 hours of work. If I did that myself it would take nearly a month, and the board can't be in maintenance status that long.

Sounds like a job that can be made easier by a little thing I like to call teamwork.

I mean, as you said, there's a bloomin 12 people on this site with the rights to move threads around. Make a list, divide it amongst the mods and give them a year to get it done. Having a year to move something in between 100-200 threads sounds like a reasonable task for a forum mod, no? It's not like they can argue that they don't want to do it either. Why become a janitor if you don't want to clean?
My Blog - My Army Diary - Twitter: @DaanofWar - Steam: DaanofWar
Posted Image

Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar

Bodacious
28th May 2016 - 08:46 AM

Quote:

I anticipate a need to have someone read, classify, and move every single thread made in the last two years. ...At 1600+ threads, that's 65 hours of work. If I did that myself it would take nearly a month, and the board can't be in maintenance status that long.
Having a year to move something in between 100-200 threads sounds like a reasonable task for a forum mod, no? It's not like they can argue that they don't want to do it either. Why become a janitor if you don't want to clean?
I have, ideally, 3 days to do 1600, not a year to do 200.

Yes, 12 people with nothing else to do could probably do it.

20 people could do it faster though.

And if 4+ people are to busy, or on holiday, or just slow at this hind of thing, having extras help.
-img-http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/underempire/PRS%20Banners/2hfhshwet.jpg[/img]
This Space for Rent

SkavenDan
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Nurglitch IX
28th May 2016 - 02:11 PM
20 people could do it faster though.

Well make a new role and recruit people to help you ? Seriously we have active members who would do a little to help just don't dump loads on them or do it in phases so they don't just get burnt out.
Posted Image Twitter @SkavenDan

YouTube SkavenDan

SkavenBlight Radio Website

Twitch SkavenDan

« Previous Topic · Off Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply