Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Rat Ogre --> Minotaurs; Minotaurs for my WoC, based on Rat Ogres
Topic Started: 26th May 2016 - 01:38 PM (203 Views)
Ben_S
Clanrat
Excepting some old Mordheim models, I don't have any painted Skaven to show off, but I recently converted myself some Minotaurs based on Rat Ogre bodies, so I thought I might as well show them off here...

Posted Image

Hmm, doesn't seem to be showing for me. Not sure why.

It could just be my computer. I got a warning that my Shockwave just crashed.

But, assuming it isn't just me, are there restrictions on new members posting photos?

Or am I doing something wrong? Would I be better off using the attachment option?
Edited by Clanlord Trask, 26th May 2016 - 01:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Clanlord Trask
Member Avatar
Quiet, I'm plotting.

Hi, welcome aboard.

You linked through to the Photobucket html page that your picture is hosted too. You want the direct jpg link. On the right of the page should be a 'Share this photo' heading, with four options below it (Email & IM, Direct, HTML, IMG) Is you click the Direct one, it should copy the jpg url, which you can use to display images on The Under Empire Forum.

I will fix up the image above, but now you know for next time!
Posted Image
The Campaigner

Ben_S
Clanrat
Thanks. That's what I was trying to do, but I guess I must have accidentally copied the wrong link.

Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar

I think most folks have done that at least once.

So which bits are Rat Ogres? And are some of those Arms actual Ogre arms?
-img-http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/underempire/PRS%20Banners/2hfhshwet.jpg[/img]
This Space for Rent

Ben_S
Clanrat
Nurglitch IX
26th May 2016 - 03:49 PM
I assumed the parts would be fairly easy to identify, but I'll take it as a compliment if not.

It uses most of the Rat Ogre - legs, torso, and arms. The hands have been swapped for regular Ogre/Dragon Ogre hands, because I wanted five fingers and weapons. And the heads are from GW's Minotaur kit. That's pretty much it, besides a couple of small decorative parts. And I used putty to fuse toes into hooves.

Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar

Ben_S
26th May 2016 - 04:19 PM
Nurglitch IX
26th May 2016 - 03:49 PM
I assumed the parts would be fairly easy to identify, but I'll take it as a compliment if not.

It uses most of the Rat Ogre - legs, torso, and arms. The hands have been swapped for regular Ogre/Dragon Ogre hands, because I wanted five fingers and weapons. And the heads are from GW's Minotaur kit. That's pretty much it, besides a couple of small decorative parts. And I used putty to fuse toes into hooves.
It's the hand swaps and putty toes that got me. I'm sitting here staring at the shoulders going "yep rat ogre" then there's a Katar or a draging slave, and I'm thinking "but wait, those aren't Rat ogre." same thing with the hips and Toes.

Really impressive work actually. I've seen a half dozen guys use a Minotaur as a Rat Ogre, I'm actually working on one using a D&D mini Minotaur, but this is the first time I've ever see someone go from Rat Ogre to Minotaur.
-img-http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/underempire/PRS%20Banners/2hfhshwet.jpg[/img]
This Space for Rent

« Previous Topic · Lesser Races Painting and Hobby · Next Topic »
Add Reply