Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Age of Sigmar; It's here!
Topic Started: 26th June 2015 - 03:43 PM (9,014 Views)
Dwarfbane
Member Avatar
Warlord
Anybody seen the age of sigmar models?! They look great! They're all over instagram! .... Cant uploads pics as the files are too large.
If the solution isn't 'Rat ogres' then I'm afraid there's not really a problem to start with ... :-D

W/L/D
Vampire counts 6/2/0
High elves 1/0/0
Dark elves 1/1/0
Lizardmen 0/1/1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RE.Lee
Member Avatar
Rat Field Surgeon
The Chaos stuff is ok, the Sigmarines are an abmination. Maybe some of the other factions will make me buy the game, but for now I'm sticking with 8th ed.
Posted Image

mk6marine

Can't say I am liking what I see. Nor is it making me want to pre-order. Guess I will just wait and see once games start being played.

ratboy1018
Member Avatar
Lab rat hard at work
I'll wait.
hannanibal

Ki Ko Ka Ko Ki (That's the sound of a transformer transforming)

Mathusala0
Member Avatar
The Evil Underlord

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
The Glossary of Common Underempire Lingo
The Skaven Guide to competitive list building (8th Edition)
The Skaven Castle Formation

red laser
Member Avatar
Clanrat
They should be on square bases not round but the models look ok. I will be annoyed if they mess around with Skaven army composition as they did with Orks of 40K over the years.
Posted Image

Boulder
Clanrat
Strength in Numbers ftw.
Edited by Boulder, 26th June 2015 - 09:11 PM.

Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar

red laser
26th June 2015 - 08:09 PM
They should be on square bases not round but the models look ok. I will be annoyed if they mess around with Skaven army composition as they did with Orks of 40K over the years.
GW sells product to Square round Bases.

Posted Image
-img-http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/underempire/PRS%20Banners/2hfhshwet.jpg[/img]
This Space for Rent

NiallJC1984
Member Avatar

Wow it's some change that's for sure!

We'll just have to see what happens to the rest of the armies. I'm really surprised how many round bases there are in among that lot. Is this just a fad like so many other Warhammer expansions?
"All decent folk find the common rat repulsive. Harbinger of disease, it scavenges on our waste-heaps and frightens our children. How immeasurably worse then is the foul Skaven - standing on its hindlegs in foul parody of a human. Rats as tall as man, and blessed with the most vile intellect and cunning. They are the dark side of our souls, come to destroy us for our sins."
Albrecht of Nuln - Burned at the stake, IC 1301 for pernicious declamation.
Posted Image

Follow me on Twitter! @NiallJC1984
High Elf Painting Blog: The Glittering Host
Skaven Painting Blog: All Tunnels Lead to Skavenblight

blader4411
The New Lunar Republic!
I expect (without knowing many details) that this change will be total in scope and the new standard. The reason for this is the fact that Games Workshop are actually changing the setting of Warhammer Fantasy. There is no precedent for this: the Old World up until the End TImes was the same setting in which adventurers fought over the Ziggurat of Doom in the 1st edition.

I don't expect a rollback like the precedent of Storm of Chaos, simply because the scale of this chance has no precedent.

Mathusala0
Member Avatar
The Evil Underlord

Yeah this isn't getting rolled back, they wouldn't have pulled the books off the shelf if that were the case.

this is not a new edition of warhammer. This is a reboot of the game under a new name. Warhammer as it was is dead.

Warmahammachinehorder
Posted Image
The Glossary of Common Underempire Lingo
The Skaven Guide to competitive list building (8th Edition)
The Skaven Castle Formation

Clanlord Trask
Member Avatar
Quiet, I'm plotting.

So obviously the Sigmarittes are GWs new hope for getting something as iconic as Space Marines from fantasy. I would be onboard if only it didn't feel so... blatant. Does anyone else get an 'Angels from Darksiders' feel from them?

Interesting that they have ditched the Warhammer game as its own thing, right in the middle of rebranding stores from Games Workshop to Warhammer. I am sure this all makes perfect sense to someone, somewhere.
Posted Image
The Campaigner

Krede
Clanrat
Depending on price I might buy the starter set... the chaos part looks good, so if for nothing else they can be used in my 8th ed chaos army :)
As for actually playing AOS, sure... as log as the rules are solid, I welcome a low model count game... however,
my biggest concern is that the rules part of the games have never been where GW has spend most of their efforts.... so if this turns into some sort of warmahorde clone with crappy rules AND totally different setting than the one we know and love from warhammer... why should any one play it ?
Edited by Krede, 27th June 2015 - 04:57 AM.

Sammy the Squid
Member Avatar
Back to retirement!

I might actually like those models if they were part of a game that wasn't replacing Warhammer. If it was a separate game I might be interested in it, but since its replacing my beloved Warhammer I have no interest in it at all. As it stands, it feels like they are trying to make Warhammer more like 40k. Those Sigmarites really make me think Space Marines...

I don't think I will be buying any AoS stuff unless they release stuff that will look at home in my existing Warhammer armies. I've been playing Warhammer for around 19 years now, and I'm not going to stop just because GW decides to stop making it. I will continue to play Warhammer 8th ed (maybe with some minor mods) with my gaming group, but I won't be playing AoS. Even if AoS somehow turns out to be the best miniature game ever made, with perfectly balanced rules and a constant stream of amazing models, it still doesn't change the fact that it is replacing a game I've played and loved for so many years. If I wanted to play a low model, skirmish based game with Space Marine style models, I'd play 40k. But I don't. :(

- Sammy
Edited by Sammy the Squid, 27th June 2015 - 05:23 AM.
"If the squidman can't do it, no one can!!"

Wins/Losses/Draws

Skaven Clan Rattenkrieg - 108/58/20
Dark Elves - 44/14/8
Hochland Empire - 33/14/4
Malkavian Vampires - 23/22/4
Beastmen - 50/24/2

Have not completed a Painting Vow since July 07!!

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Sammy, the first thing I thought when I looked at the picture of those Sigmarites was "Hey, aren't those Hawkmen from Flash Gordon in the back?". Really, if you'd google them and compare them to these models, the resemblence (to me at least) is frighteningly uncanny. (... and now all we have to do is sit back, let the internet take over, and wait for "SIGMAR'S ALIVE?"-memes to appear).

On a more serious note, though; Despite having dropped out of Warhammer six years ago (oh, how time flies), I do share your sentiment in regard to Games Workshop replacing a game many of us have played for many, many years. From what I've read in the various rumours/ sneak peeks/ etc. the rules might appear to be similar, but somewhere in Nottingham, they've just hit the reset button and started anew. There are reasons why I can understand they've done so, but I am not entirely sure whether this is the path that I'd taken if I were in their position.
Despite not having taken a liking to their game system, Warma-Hordes at least made their background a continuing affair. From a business perspective smart, as this allowed them to produce and release characters with various levels, depending on what 'era' of model you wanted to field. That system means you can keep your customers close in regard to both adding new tactics to your system, as well as the sheer collection of models that you can potentially toy around with. (as each characters works best with a certain amount of units).

... but in the end, I think live will just move on.

Some people will stick to the old setting and rules, others will continue with the new thing, together with the large number of new customers Games Workshop can reach with the revamped system. Only time will tell how it will affect the player base overall.

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fantasy Skirmish Rules Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply