Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
The Avengers; Wrong choice!
Topic Started: 9th November 2014 - 03:35 PM (465 Views)
Dwarfbane
Member Avatar
Warlord
Anyone else think that the avengers would have been much much much better if fury had left Captain America at home and signed up Blade!? I mean captain America? zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
If the solution isn't 'Rat ogres' then I'm afraid there's not really a problem to start with ... :-D

W/L/D
Vampire counts 6/2/0
High elves 1/0/0
Dark elves 1/1/0
Lizardmen 0/1/1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SkavenDan
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Captain america leads the west coast avengers through when they split which is what is going to happen when ultron goes nuts Capt is going to blame stark even though it should be ant mans fault. But hey they like iron man so let it be iron man.
Posted Image Twitter @SkavenDan

YouTube SkavenDan

SkavenBlight Radio Website

Twitch SkavenDan

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Well, in light of the upcoming Avengers movie and the fact that Robert Downey Jr. sort of is Tony Stark (cause that was just about a perfect fit as it could be), I think that Captain America is a nice 'conscience' within the Avengers team, compared to the headlong rushing of Iron Man into situations where he might not immediately be able to get himself out of.

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30

Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
13th November 2014 - 07:56 PM
Well, in light of the upcoming Avengers movie and the fact that Robert Downey Jr. sort of is Tony Stark (cause that was just about a perfect fit as it could be), I think that Captain America is a nice 'conscience' within the Avengers team, compared to the headlong rushing of Iron Man into situations where he might not immediately be able to get himself out of.

Greetz
Posted Image
Still one of my favorite AppleGeeks Lite Strips.
-img-http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/underempire/PRS%20Banners/2hfhshwet.jpg[/img]
This Space for Rent

Rusty Tincanne
Member Avatar
...you can still call me Rusty Tincanne if you want, though.

I don't think I can envision the Avengers without Captain America. He is not the showiest of characters, but as Vinz mentioned, he is a nice counterpoint to Iron Man. And the only character in the film that was a "team player." Iron Man is too egocentric. The Hulk is too introverted. Thor is oblivious to others and used to going it alone. Arrow is an assassin and the Black Widow is an undercover spy. So it makes total sense that he would be a gravitational force to pull a team together, despite not being the smartest, toughest, most charismatic, etc. His character traits are to keep his eye on the goal and military training allows him to focus on how a unit/team works together to complete a mission.

So. Bland? Sort of. Necessary? Absolutely.

Also, having not read comic for >20 years, I have no idea who the other guy you mentioned is. :P (THe only Blade I know is Wesley Snipes half-vampire movie character. :rolleyes: )

Mutate: Just back from a quick web search and see that that is the Blade you were talking about. Or close enough. With that in mind, I think he woul dmake a poor choice for the Avengers.
1. It would turn the movie into yet another vampire movie.
2. We'd need to endure Wesley Snipes.
3. The Character is another solitary figure, used to working alone and therefore unlikely to act as a catalyst for unity.

Wow. That is way too much time spent doing a psychological profile on fictitious characters! :lol:
Edited by Rusty Tincanne, 13th November 2014 - 09:51 PM.

Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar

Also, at the time of the Filming, Marvel didn't own the rights to Blade. They bought him back with the proceeds from the Avengers film.

Blade, Punisher, and Ghost Rider only came home in May 2013.

INTERATE: Here's where things currently stand for Rights
Marvel Movie Rights

The funniest part of this for me is that Marvel can use Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. But they can't be related to Magneto, or use the word MUTANT.
Edited by Nurglitch IX, 13th November 2014 - 10:30 PM.
-img-http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/underempire/PRS%20Banners/2hfhshwet.jpg[/img]
This Space for Rent

CapAmr05
Member Avatar

Quote:

Anyone else think that the avengers would have been much much much better if fury had left Captain America at home and signed up Blade!?

The words: HELL and NO; come to mind, in that order.
LOL ~Nurglitch IX
--Cap
Edited by Nurglitch IX, 14th November 2014 - 12:00 AM.
Lonewolf Grand Tournament April 28-30

The Beer Phase Podcast

Clan Skrittar

Rusty Tincanne
Member Avatar

I was wondering when he was going to pipe in. :P

Dwarfbane
Member Avatar
Warlord
Fine...be that way. I'll just shut up and hold out for blade 4 then lol
If the solution isn't 'Rat ogres' then I'm afraid there's not really a problem to start with ... :-D

W/L/D
Vampire counts 6/2/0
High elves 1/0/0
Dark elves 1/1/0
Lizardmen 0/1/1

Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar

Dwarfbane
14th November 2014 - 11:36 AM
Fine...be that way. I'll just shut up and hold out for blade 4 then lol
Marvel bought the rights back, so if it was in the planning, it'd be on the list, and I don't see it on the list.

Granted the list only covers the next 5 years...

And while Blade has never been an Avenger, he has been one of the Marvel Knights, which are getting a series on YouTube. With his reinclusion in the Marvel stable, he might make an appearance or two there.
This Space for Rent

CapAmr05
Member Avatar

Isn't Wesley Snipes in jail still for tax evasion? That could be a contributing factor to why Blade isn't getting any live action love anytime soon.

--Cap
Lonewolf Grand Tournament April 28-30

The Beer Phase Podcast

Clan Skrittar

Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar

CapAmr05
14th November 2014 - 04:49 PM
Isn't Wesley Snipes in jail still for tax evasion? That could be a contributing factor to why Blade isn't getting any live action love anytime soon.

--Cap
Snipes was released on April 2, 2013. Which means he actually served 2 and a half years on a 3 year sentence.

IN an unrelated post I saw this:

Fell Blade v. Steam Tank?
http://s6.zetaboards.com/The_UnderEmpire/topic/8920488/1/

And had the wrong Blade, then I got the Right blade. Then I thought of Blade with the FellBlade. And I think that happened in Nagash at one point....
This Space for Rent

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Nurglitch IX
14th November 2014 - 05:55 PM
[...] And I think that happened in Nagash at one point....
Being played by an actor people might consider terrible?
Nah, that's just bad script-writing on GW's behalf. :P ;)

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30

Rusty Tincanne
Member Avatar

Nurglitch IX
14th November 2014 - 05:55 PM
then I got the Right blade.
I use the Gillette Mach 4. Very smooth, few nicks. ;)

@ Dwarfbane: It wasn't a bad question. What ifs are great fun. My point was merely that the Captain seems essential as a galvanizing force to build a team around - considering the roster Joss Whedon ( :bow: ) picked. Blade could-well have been a nice replacement for another of the members, perhaps. Arrow didn't seem to do much until the final battle. Thor is mostly there for eye-candy and because the primary plot was based around Loki and the Tesarac-cube-thingy.

Also, I am just not a huge fan of vampires. More of a werewolf person. ;)

@ Nurglitch: That is a fascinating chart. It explains why there is not Avengers-X-men crossover. And why the X-men movies are a totally different feel. Thanks.

snowblizz
Member Avatar
Ph.D.
Of course none of that is a REAL comic.

By which I mean containing Donald Duck. ;)
Snowblizz' Sneaky Skaven armyblog

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Off Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply