Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
SkavenInAZ Battle Reports; List of What's new on my Youtube Channel
Topic Started: 1st January 2014 - 07:57 AM (9,367 Views)
SkavenInAZ
Member Avatar

Hey guys, wanted to let you know about another battle report I did -- this time Skaven vs. Ogres. Feel free to check it out!

Skaven vs. Ogres
Posted Image
]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Littlewicked
Chieftain
Another great battle report keep them coming.
Posted Image

SkavenInAZ
Member Avatar

Battle Report 03 is out! Check it out!

Skaven vs. Dark Elves
Posted Image
]

Skitt
Clanrat
I enjoyed the battle reports - very interesting, unfortunately with regards the Ogres game I may have to ruin your day a little: Warp Lightning Cannons only have 3 crew and therefore 3 wounds - the 4 on the profile is defunct.

I hope I'm wrong on this, but I think your cannon's shouldn't have been on the table as long as they were...

SkavenInAZ
Member Avatar

Yeah, I was reminded of that by another UE person.. very embarrassing. Told my opponent already and we know for next time!
Posted Image
]

SkavenInAZ
Member Avatar

Battle Report 04 is up! This time, it's Skaven vs. Chaos Dwarves. Check it out here!

Posted Image
]

scratchydoom
Member Avatar
Seer
HinesDawg
11th January 2014 - 07:26 PM
Battle Report 04 is up! This time, it's Skaven vs. Chaos Dwarves. Check it out here!

nice report! i left a comment... what program do you use to make your reports?
Scratch the enganuative
My Army Diary
Painting List
Magnetising Miniatures

SkavenInAZ
Member Avatar

Just my digital camera, input those shots into PowerPoint and then record with that. Convert into a movie either through PowerPoint or another program and upload.

My buddy TheSustainableCenter on YouTube has a video with how to use this method you can check out. He's one of my favorite channels on my page.
Posted Image
]

SkavenInAZ
Member Avatar

Battle Report 05 this time!! Skaven vs. Ogres!

Check it out @ Youtube!
Posted Image
]

Littlewicked
Chieftain
Loved the battle report. You are getting a lot out there in a short period of time. Couple of questions. First what happened to his 2nd cannon after he misfired and couldn't shoot it disappeared after that. 2nd with your stormvermin after they start to get whittled down why do you not reform them to a smaller frontage to get more ranks later in the game. Also enjoyed the tournament posts. I don't play in tournaments but like the insight to your thoughts on them so far looking forward to number 3. Last but not least I appreciate the fact when things go bad you don't start to whine like so many other battle reports that appear on line.
Posted Image

SkavenInAZ
Member Avatar

Thanks, LW!

Few answers for you. First, I've been off (although sick) for a couple of weeks, so it's been easier to make stuff.. it'll slow down once I have to go back to being a wageslave once again. As far as his cannon goes, I shot it with the Gutters and killed it off, good catch on me missing that in the report. For the SV, I will reform them back into ranks on occasion. But I usually still want them screening the bunker unit, so I keep them horde to make it harder to get to. Finally, I'm just lazy sometimes =)

As far as the no whining goes, there are times when I'm tempted, but... what good does it do? =)

Thanks for watching!
Posted Image
]

SkavenInAZ
Member Avatar

Battle Report #6 is live @ YouTube
Battle Report #7 -- back to the VC for a game, against dirty, dirty Teclis! -- YouTube
Edited by SkavenInAZ, 20th January 2014 - 04:05 AM.
Posted Image
]

CapAmr05
Member Avatar

On the VC vs HE game, the failed Frenzy Check...

I was pretty sure (don't have my book on me) you only need to test for Frenzy on the closest unit if it's a legal charge. If they couldn't fit to that target, they'd have to go somewhere else (or should not have tested), right?

--Cap
Lonewolf Grand Tournament April 28-30

The Beer Phase Podcast

Clan Skrittar

SkavenInAZ
Member Avatar

Good question -- quoting from BRB pg. 70

Quote:

If... a unit that includes one or more Frenzied models could declare a charge, then it must do so unless a Leadership test is passed. If the Leadership test is failed, the Frenzied unit must declare a charge against the nearest viable enemy.

I suppose viable could be interpreted to mean "able to make the charge", but.. unclear. Nothing in the FAQ that I could find about it.
Posted Image
]

CapAmr05
Member Avatar

The word Viable seems like ammo for my interpretation.

Only viable charges can be completed.

Also reference Page 16: Section: Can I Charge "A unit cannot declare an impossible charge" it goes on to give examples, obstructions are one of the factors.

Failing a Frenzy check forces a Charge to the nearest viable enemy, you can't declare impossible charges per page 16, so you'd have to pick a different "closest enemy target" that was also "viable" or you shouldn't have been forced to test. Either way the unit wouldn't have been forced to attempt the impossible charge on a unit it couldn't get to.

--Cap
Edited by CapAmr05, 21st January 2014 - 05:05 AM.
Lonewolf Grand Tournament April 28-30

The Beer Phase Podcast

Clan Skrittar

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Battle Reports · Next Topic »
Add Reply