Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Skaven!; Pic Heavy
Topic Started: 19th January 2013 - 03:58 PM (1,688 Views)
Dimco

Finally I'm done with painting 1st batch of my rats (around 3k points, just around 10k left to paint ;) ). So I decided to post some pictures .
I'm sorry for bad picture quality, most pictures are taken from hand with only auto tone, contrast and color done in PS.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Dimco, 19th January 2013 - 03:59 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Skrits
Member Avatar
Conversioneer Extrordinaire

That plague furnace looks really familiar. I'm sure I have seen that one before.
Posted Image

Skrits's Conversion-Heavy Legion of Rats - Finished

Clan Mordkin - Current project and 2nd Skaven army

Skrits's Daemonic Legions - In progress on and off

Magic Cards for: Skaven Screaming Bell, Missfires, Plague and Ruin Schools

Dimco

Skrits
19th January 2013 - 04:04 PM
That plague furnace looks really familiar. I'm sure I have seen that one before.
Yep. I posted WIP of PF some time ago, and stole idea of converting old SB in PF with left over parts of new SB/PF kit from somebody here on forum.

Aethereas
Member Avatar
Poisoned Wind Globadier
Really nice furnace. Thou the thing that bothers me is the doomrocket engineer. I mean, it makes no sense xD how's that launched? And how did you do it so it doesnt fall?

Nice painting :)
Clan Rlyejj !! Krajji's Adventures in the Dark Lands!!
Paintlog :)
http://s6.zetaboards.com/The_UnderEmpire/topic/8852221/1/
Posted Image

Dimco

Aethereas
19th January 2013 - 04:24 PM
Really nice furnace. Thou the thing that bothers me is the doomrocket engineer. I mean, it makes no sense xD how's that launched? And how did you do it so it doesnt fall?

Nice painting :)
It's DOOM Gun Launcher! :P
And pinning and magnets is keeping everything together. Whole army is magnetised bdw, just take it out and put it on game table no need to rank up models. Problem is that leaves you waiting for opponent to set up from half hour to hour, I usually bring something to read in meantime... :)

Little Wolf
Member Avatar
Chieftain
Nice quality!

I especially like the yellow-orange banner! (Yay, colors!)
Posted Image

stethemessiah
Member Avatar
Clanrat
Nice lookin' stuff there man.

Zerixar
Clanrat
somebody uses the dip method. most of these look pretty good but i'd recommend maybe using a lighter shade of varnish/stain for dipping or brush it on or something to lessen the stain. point is a lot of your models look like they had great paint jobs but were dunked for too long and turned out just super brown.

lambsandlions
Clanrat
Zerixar
22nd January 2013 - 07:02 PM
somebody uses the dip method. most of these look pretty good but i'd recommend maybe using a lighter shade of varnish/stain for dipping or brush it on or something to lessen the stain. point is a lot of your models look like they had great paint jobs but were dunked for too long and turned out just super brown.
At first I thought it was just heavy washing but looking at how glossy it came out it is clear that it is floor polish. The dip can look okay if you go back a highlight afterwards but if you are doing that might as well just use a wash and get a better color.

Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar

You can also get that effect from bathing them in Army Shade. It doesn't have to be furniture polish.

And it's not a bad way of doing things, my biggest complaint has always been how shiny they are. A nice Matte Varnish fixes that though.
-img-http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/underempire/PRS%20Banners/2hfhshwet.jpg[/img]
This Space for Rent

Dimco

Actually its custom made umber wash. I have big tube of painters acrylic burnt umber which I mix with water in 1:1 ratio and slap it on with big brush. That is done on slaves and monks, on slaves bit harder as they need to be really dirty.
On other models I use regular Vallejo washes.

As for varnish I use acrylic mate varnish in big spray cans, It may be that I do a little to much passes but I love my minis indestructible. :)
Edited by Dimco, 23rd January 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Kimzi
Member Avatar
The one and only.
They do look good. :) I like the dirty look a lot.
Maybe you should start an army diary thread for them?
,,,^_^,,, Proud owner of Clan Yersinia Pestis ,,,^.^,,, | >-- Possessed Mordheim Warband --<

Dimco

Few new pictures...yes I know I been lazy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Host Tar
Member Avatar
Chieftain
Great warlitter - or is it a mount?

Either way, nice :)
Posted Image

Dimco

Host Tar
31st August 2013 - 05:13 PM
Great warlitter - or is it a mount?

Either way, nice :)
It's Warlord on Bonebraker. And as upper part is magnetized I plan to use it also as warlitter once I make lower part of warlitter.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Skaven Painting and Hobby · Next Topic »
Add Reply