Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Poll Only
Who shall reign over the UnderEmpire (along with the other 11 regular Council members and the Great Horned Rat)?
Flem 24 (60%)
Ratty Gnawtail 10 (25%)
Sketch 6 (15%)
Total Votes: 40
The Council of Thirteen Election; Voting Thread
Topic Started: 2nd April 2012 - 07:26 PM (1,747 Views)
General Vorg
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Squeeks and the Temple

Gentlemen and Ladyfolk and the UnderEmpire! Revolutionaries, counter-revolutionaries, and counter-counter-revolutionaries! Gather, and let us commence with the final segment of any election process - the election itself! It is time to have your say in who rules in the UnderEmpire with grace, wisdom, and of course some Skaven cunning. It is time to vote for the newest member of the Council of Thirteen!

As you may or may not have heard, it's been an eventful month in the UnderEmpire. Rusty Tincanne, officially named Nurglitch VII, has stepped down from his filthy seat to join the Honoured Lords and Ladies of Decay in retirement. The Lords and Ladies of Decay took this moment of weakness to take over the Council in a bloody revolution! Realizing being a Council is less glorious tyrannical triumph and more calm and calculated monitoring, they surrendered and fled back to their cozy wheelchairs at the retirement home. With that in the past, it's time to vote.

The Council has spent ample time reading, rereading, and in some cases, rerererereadinginginging the Letters Of Intent, and after weeks of discussion, we've come to a consensus on which three members are most ready to join the Council. To the rest of you - we thank you for writing your Letter of Intent, and obviously you're a diamond of the site for having been nominated - we simply feel three are better suited for the position at this moment in time. Keep being awesome, stay active, keep contributing, and you'll be on the ballot, and one day you'll be on the Council.

The three members chosen are (in alphabetical order):

Flem

Ratty Gnawtail

Sketch

Now, good citizens of the UnderEmpire, please cast your vote. You one get one vote, so take some time, and choose who you'd feel most comfortable governing this lovely gem of a site. Yes, you may vote for yourself. We shall leave this election running for two weeks, meaning on Monday, April 16th, 2012, the voting will be over, and the member with the most votes will join the Council, to govern and judge, to watch and monitor, to keep the peace, to listen to the membership, and to respond with both wisdom and haste.

That's all there is to say. All me to finish with something every Skaven could use a little bit of, every now and then:

Good luck
;)

squeeks
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Warlord Arskittar
Member Avatar
Master of Hell Pit

Hi Folks My Names Arskittar, and I voted Ratty.

*Cheesy Smile*
Moulder Pitfighters Development
With life settling down, Arskittar is once again back on the forums, lurking in the corners out of site....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Scarr, Reincarnated
Member Avatar
11th creator of the Skaven Achievements. Binder of IceAc.
Sad Panda. :(

I will wait some more time before I cast my vote.
The Pox on you, AND your kind!

Player of games, watcher of games, gamer of plays.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Warlock Matik
Member Avatar
(Z>)90 (ENW)90t = 1

To add to what Vorg said, I want to congratulate all the members who were nominated and especially those who wrote Letters of Intent. It was an exceedingly difficult choice to make for all of us which speaks volumes about all involved. :)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ratty Gnawtail
Member Avatar
Scribble-thing

Ratty's reaction to making it to the final three: What?!*

A big thank you to the crazy people rats who thought I would make a good Council member as well as the members of the glorious Council who thought the same. Much condolences to those who didn't get to the final three (I've had to throw away my predictions list now!) as well as much hearted luck to my fellow competitors. It surely marks such a great forum that we have so many members who could be brilliant Mods, and I am over the moon to think that I am even regarded as one of them. Thank you all! And best of luck to the one and only Sketch and the most Fabulous Flem!** :)

Ratty Gnawtail, Skaven-Raving Loony Party Candidate.

*Of course I haven't got a time machine! And I most certainly haven't been to the future to see the results! :unsure: Oh and no relation to Donna...*Cough*
**What? I've always wanted to write a description like that! :P
The (mostly) Complete Works of Ratty
Ratty's Short Story Entries Collection

Offline Profile Goto Top

Flem
Member Avatar
A blood curling cough a day, keeps the assassins away

First off a big thanks to all those of the counsil that would vieuw me as worthy, it's quite the honour to be nominated. Especially since we are talking about the seat of Nurglitch IIX ! The competition seems like they have the needed stamina to endure what ever vile and sickening tricks i'm about to let out of my box...
Second my sympathies to all the great names that didn't get nominated, seems like i'll have to make up for that when and if i get elected ;)
Third, my shipments of bribes, blackmails and assassination orders have been spent. For your sake i hope your on the good side of the Pestilent brotherhood!

Flem,
Posted Image
I don't own this image !!!

Quote:

Let all of skavendom tremble before our pox and might, beware our vengefull gaze brought forth in both fever and blight !

Offline Profile Goto Top

Scarr, Reincarnated
Member Avatar
11th creator of the Skaven Achievements. Binder of IceAc.
I voted for Sketch! He posts good stuff and seems like a very smart person.
The Pox on you, AND your kind!

Player of games, watcher of games, gamer of plays.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

SkavenDan
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
So who is going to bribe me for my vote? lol
Posted Image Twitter @SkavenDan

YouTube SkavenDan

SkavenBlight Radio Website

Twitch SkavenDan

Offline Profile Goto Top

Rusty Tincanne
Member Avatar
...you can still call me Rusty Tincanne if you want, though.

SkavenDan
2nd April 2012 - 11:59 PM
So who is going to bribe me for my vote? lol
I am running on a write-in campaign, so I need the support. I'll give you 10 warp tokens and 15 "lightly-used" slaves for your first vote. 5 tokens and 6slaves for each vote you manage to cast thereafter. :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mathusala0
Member Avatar
The Evil Underlord

*lets out a long.... LONG sigh*

I had guessed 3 of us 4, but I hadn't counted on being the odd man out, but there's always next time and till then I'm back to being the underlord!

I won't say who I caste my vote for until afterwords, but I will say that ALL of the chosen 3 are EXCELLENT nominees and EACH of them really deserve a seat.

Cheers mates!
Posted Image
The Glossary of Common Underempire Lingo
The Skaven Guide to competitive list building (8th Edition)
The Skaven Castle Formation
Offline Profile Goto Top

General Vorg
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Squeeks and the Temple

Flem
2nd April 2012 - 11:09 PM
Especially since we are talking about the seat of Nurglitch IIX !
If my Roman Numerals are correct, it'd be Nurglitch VIII ;)

(though both mean 8) :P

squeeks
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ratty Gnawtail
Member Avatar
Scribble-thing

General Vorg
3rd April 2012 - 01:23 AM
Also just wondering...does the winner get six breeders, a whole host of films, at least one tv series, and a strange competitive drive against the Brets? :P
The (mostly) Complete Works of Ratty
Ratty's Short Story Entries Collection

Offline Profile Goto Top

Flem
Member Avatar
A blood curling cough a day, keeps the assassins away

General Vorg
Flem

(though both mean 8) :P

squeeks
Lol well i actually googled it, since i was doubting which one of the 2 it was. The IIX one turned up more on reliable sites so i went with that. You can't trust the internet it seems :P
Posted Image
I don't own this image !!!

Quote:

Let all of skavendom tremble before our pox and might, beware our vengefull gaze brought forth in both fever and blight !

Offline Profile Goto Top

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

@Ratty Gnawtail:
Your new inventory will more or less consist of six mops, a series of weekends filled with fun... learning Council procedures and such, and this burning sensation in your stomach when coming in the vicinity of spam. (Interpretate that however you want *winks*...). :lol:

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar

Flem
3rd April 2012 - 11:23 AM
General Vorg
Flem
Lol well i actually googled it, since i was doubting which one of the 2 it was. The IIX one turned up more on reliable sites so i went with that. You can't trust the internet it seems :P
IT comes down to weather or not the Romans believed in order precident. Obviously there are very few Romans left around to ask, though I do hope to run into Longinus again some time.

If we allow that order of letters matter, then IIX is correct, being 2 BEFORE 10.
If order doesn't matter, then VIII is correct, being 5 and 3. Of course, IIIV, and IVII would also be correct, only tradion puts them in VIII order. For small number it doesn't matter, but when working with something like 1999 (a good year to party!) the difference between MIM, MCMXCIX, and MDCCCCLXXXXVIIII is pretty significant.

Also, your Sig Banner is HUGE!
Edited by Nurglitch IX, 3rd April 2012 - 05:00 PM.
-img-http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/underempire/PRS%20Banners/2hfhshwet.jpg[/img]
This Space for Rent
Offline Profile Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · UnderEmpire Announcements · Next Topic »
Poll Only