Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
What do warpstone tokens look like?
Topic Started: 18th February 2012 - 07:21 PM (498 Views)
WarlordofRictus
Member Avatar
Manipulative Grey Seer
I'd like some input here as I'm making some counters to represent loot and whatnot.

Do you think warpstone tokens are like small, round, flat green discs? As in, the traditional image that comes to mind when you think of a token, only warpstone?

Or do you think Skaven wouldn't bother with cutting it into coin shapes and picture them just as small chunks of the stuff?
Yes-yes, o most clever of generals.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ratty Gnawtail
Member Avatar
Humbug

I think Warptokens are more like small green discs with only an actual small percentage of Warpstone in each one. Warpstone isn't that very commonplace, hence why Slaves are worth so little in comparison. There are then I would imagine some more monetary sided clans employed by the Council to mint Warptokens using very little of the raw stuff and probably finding a way to get richer from this. I'm going with the disc side here. :)

Of course If you meant the Warpstone Tokens that our Seers and like consume to power up their magic then small raw chucks of the stuff would be best. Though even with that much of the Warpstone available to them is also refined into small safe (?!) chunks.
The (mostly) Complete Works of Ratty
Avatar by ShuNian (and festive hat and cheap snow effects added for good measure.)
Warlock Matik on the fine art of accidently killing yourself

I /was/ going to murder him but he beat me to it :P
Posted Image

Kimzi
Member Avatar

Or instead of disks have little green triangles. That would fit more with the Skaven.

They love their triangles!
,,,^_^,,, Proud owner of Clan Yersinia Pestis ,,,^.^,,, | >-- Possessed Mordheim Warband --<

hannanibal
Member Avatar
The bread that satisfies all hunger... the peanut that reverses time...
Triangular. I dunno why but I've always imagined them as triangular.
Chaos Army Diary
Skaven Army Diary
My Flickr page
Posted Image

Prime
Member Avatar
Clanrat
I gotta go with the little green triangle theory as well.

My Army Diary

Sleboda
Member Avatar
Pensive Penguins Fan
My first thought that just leaped into my head when I read the thread title was "My balls!"

Then I thought about it a bit more.

I'm going with my first thought.
True scholars have more than just one book to study.
Posted Image

Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar
Vermin Lord
Prime
21st February 2012 - 09:00 PM
I gotta go with the little green triangle theory as well.
I was thinking green triangle with a hole in the middle.

The thought of them not being made entirely out of warpstone is interesting as well.
Posted ImageThe Skavenburg Uncertainty Principle
     An Engineer may know what will explode, or when it will explode, but never both at the same time. And every Skaven knows, Everything will explode...

"Hello, my name is Oberyn Martell. You killed my sister, prepare to die."

"Have a cup of Pequod" ~ The reason Starbucks isn't named after Ahab's Ship

Give a man a fish, he owes you one fish. Teach a man to fish, you give up your monopoly on fisheries.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

This is the standard by which I measure all Warlords: "CapAmer05s Warlord Build" - 228 points
Warlord +Warlitter +Shield +Dragon Helm +Sword of the Anti-Heroes +Talisman of Preservation +(other)Trickster's Shard
:)

Ratzilla
Member Avatar

in my mind i see warpstone as "coin" shaped, but with a impresion of the horned rat or even one of the famous rats of old on the top, and on the bottom either plain or with a claw mark in it to prove it is authentic.i uppose there could be small openings in it to allow them to be tied together however i dont see the majority of skaven to be that sensible with there money (or want to damadge there valuable tokens :lol: ).

Warlord Arskittar
Member Avatar
Master Moulder
I see them as triangular, with the mark of the horned rat stamped on either side.
Encyclopaedia Mouldanica-Being a grand compendium of Clan Moulder, its History and its Beast's

« Previous Topic · Skaven Fan Fiction and Fluff · Next Topic »
Add Reply