Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Thanquol's Doom
Topic Started: 18th June 2011 - 09:51 AM (1,826 Views)
Flem
Member Avatar
A blood curling cough a day, keeps the assassins away

Like many of you i'm always happy to see a new Skaven novel come out, especially one related tot the awsome grey seer series!
Although with an ominous titel like that, one starts to wonder if they are going to cut off Thanqoul and make him die in the novel.
Ok a (rival)skaven of great power who dies isn't really what we might consider a loss, but having a dead special char we can field seems kind of lame :P

Ow and yes, awsome cover for the new book boneripper his pose is truely menacing!

Flem,
Posted Image
I don't own this image !!!

Quote:

Let all of skavendom tremble before our pox and might, beware our vengefull gaze brought forth in both fever and blight !

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blader4411
Member Avatar
The New Lunar Republic!
Somehow I get the feeling they won't truly make him "die". After all he's seen defeated many times in the Gotrek & Felix books, and even in Grey Seer and Temple of the Serpent God. Knowing Thanquol, he'll always sneak away and live to plot again.

I'm rather excited myself, as I've liked both previous books.

-Blader
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ratty Gnawtail
Member Avatar
Humbug

After reading the last two I'm eagerly awaiting this one. I really doubt Thanquol will die since he appeared in Elf Slayer as a very old (and partly decayed) rat. Besides several other armies already have deceased special characters i.e Azhag, Vlad Von Carstein, most Tomb Kings (ok bad example I suppose :P ) e.t.c. Still it should be fun to see what this "Doom" could be. Gotrek?!
The (mostly) Complete Works of Ratty
Avatar by ShuNian (and festive hat and cheap snow effects added for good measure.)
Warlock Matik on the fine art of accidently killing yourself

I /was/ going to murder him but he beat me to it :P
Posted Image

Firby
Member Avatar
Chieftain
Thanquols doom is out already?? I thought it wasnt due until later this year? This means I can finally read the Thanquol n Boneripper trilogy, yaay!
I wish Morgan Freeman narrated my life.

Ratty Gnawtail
Member Avatar
Humbug

According to Black Library it isn't out yet (in fact there isn't any extra information about it yet nor a likely release date) shame really. :( Still though gives us a bit of time to guess what could happen, i've noticed some Dwarfs on the front cover zap! :lol:
The (mostly) Complete Works of Ratty
Avatar by ShuNian (and festive hat and cheap snow effects added for good measure.)
Warlock Matik on the fine art of accidently killing yourself

I /was/ going to murder him but he beat me to it :P
Posted Image

ShuNian
Member Avatar
Self-Proclaimed Miss Skavenblight

I certainly hope Thanquol doesn't die in this next one!
Though it will be a really good one considering Ikit Claw will be in it!

I'm thinking he won't die though, if (***Highlight next part for potential spoiler!!!***) these books take place BEFORE Elfslayer. After all it did say that this was twenty years after everything in SkavenSlayer. Since Thanquol did survive to be in ElfSlayer, and from what I got from Grey Seer suggested that the events of said book took place not long after the failed attempt at capturing the Air Ship. (***End Spoiler***)
"All tunnels lead to Skavenblight..."

Warlock Matik
Member Avatar
(Z>)90 (ENW)90t = 1
Vermin Lord
ShuNian
18th June 2011 - 10:57 PM
Though it will be a really good one considering Ikit Claw will be in it!
*Perks up his ears* Oho? That's news to me, glorious news :D Not that I needed another excuse to buy this when it comes out ;)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ShuNian
Member Avatar

In one description of the book it was mentioned he would be,
and in one of the topics here on the forums it was discussed a bit as well.

WillQueek
Member Avatar
If Apple would design a car, would it have Windows?
If he at least keeps a other rat within 6 inch he will eb fine ;)
Code:

Posted Image

Posted Image
My Skaven Dairy
My Dwarf Diary
My YouTube Channel (No Video's uploaded. Check out my painting music playlist ;) )

Disclaimer: All quotes in my sig. and/or member title are not made up by me unless otherwise stated.
*No offends meant people in the UK

Malkrit
Member Avatar
Chosen of vermintide
Ratty Gnawtail
18th June 2011 - 04:58 PM
I really doubt Thanquol will die since he appeared in Elf Slayer as a very old (and partly decayed) rat.
That's really strange as in our army book he already lives for a very long time, how could he age that dramatically in such a short period?
Daemon adoptable

The campaign of destruction begins..

Posted Image

blader4411
Member Avatar
The New Lunar Republic!
Queek!!
19th June 2011 - 08:34 AM
Ratty Gnawtail
18th June 2011 - 04:58 PM
I really doubt Thanquol will die since he appeared in Elf Slayer as a very old (and partly decayed) rat.
That's really strange as in our army book he already lives for a very long time, how could he age that dramatically in such a short period?
He was old yes, but he's a Seer, and they eat enough Warpstone to live for millennia :P

He won't die of old age any time soon.

-Blader
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WillQueek
Member Avatar
If Apple would design a car, would it have Windows?
Well skalm explains why the council lives so long. maybe he uses that to.
Code:

Posted Image

Posted Image
My Skaven Dairy
My Dwarf Diary
My YouTube Channel (No Video's uploaded. Check out my painting music playlist ;) )

Disclaimer: All quotes in my sig. and/or member title are not made up by me unless otherwise stated.
*No offends meant people in the UK

ShuNian
Member Avatar

I agree with Blader on the part of him being a Seer.
I mean, look at the Seer Lord- appearantly he's been around since the Great Summoning of the Horned Rat!

I guess we'll all have to wait for the book though to see what GW and the BL will do for Thanquol. Hopefully, the title is just a title- and not foreshadowing Thanquol's actual death.

Grey Seer Exahm
Member Avatar
Gribbly
Me and my friends talked about this a while back. However Thanqual, and Gotrek for that matter shuffle off the coil, it'll have to be the most epic thing ever.

Personally, I have my money on Thanquol channeling the Horned Rat himself and mutating into an immensly powerful Verminlord, then him and Gotrek killing each other in an epic fight that lasts for hours.
Posted Image

NightBirdFlying
Clanrat
Grey Seer Exahm
19th June 2011 - 10:20 PM
Me and my friends talked about this a while back. However Thanqual, and Gotrek for that matter shuffle off the coil, it'll have to be the most epic thing ever.

Personally, I have my money on Thanquol channeling the Horned Rat himself and mutating into an immensly powerful Verminlord, then him and Gotrek killing each other in an epic fight that lasts for hours.
That would be the only way i'd accept either of their deaths. Great idea!

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Skaven Fan Fiction and Fluff · Next Topic »
Add Reply