Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Skryre HPA
Topic Started: 13th September 2011 - 02:25 PM (924 Views)
Tepogue

I'm looking for inspiration to scratch build a Clan Skyre HPA. I was thinking of maybe modeling one after the Grey Knights Dreadknights - a Skaven in a giant power armor suit. But, given the base size of 60x100mm unless I do a running pose. The model would end up too flat and not take up enough depth. I could mount the engineer inside the just like the DK or perhaps similar to the Sister Penetient Engine. Or maybe do something similar to Master Blaster from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Or perhaps maybe I should try just a giant mechanical rat.

Anyone got any websites to look towards for inspiration or know of any toys/models that look clockwork enough to be a starting point?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ratty Gnawtail
Member Avatar
Humbug

Ok you could always have a look in the army diary section for some ideas, Akyro's comes to mind. Also there is the Clan Mekka Abomb which might give some inspiration.
Another idea could be to use the Caller (usually a popular choice for HPAs) and add some more mechanical bits. If you really want you could make a rat tank and use that as a HPA. Hope this helps and looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :)
Edited by Ratty Gnawtail, 13th September 2011 - 02:47 PM.
The (mostly) Complete Works of Ratty
Avatar by ShuNian (and festive hat and cheap snow effects added for good measure.)
Warlock Matik on the fine art of accidently killing yourself

I /was/ going to murder him but he beat me to it :P
Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WillQueek
Member Avatar
If Apple would design a car, would it have Windows?
I would like to refere to Killa kans from 40K orks. Awesome skryre bits-box.
Code:

Posted Image

Posted Image
My Skaven Dairy
My Dwarf Diary
My YouTube Channel (No Video's uploaded. Check out my painting music playlist ;) )

Disclaimer: All quotes in my sig. and/or member title are not made up by me unless otherwise stated.
*No offends meant people in the UK

Warlock Matik
Member Avatar
(Z>)90 (ENW)90t = 1
Vermin Lord
These two that have been lost to time are some of the most impressive I've seen here.

In general if you're looking for bitz then some of the Empire, Dwarfs, 40K Orks and some of the scenery kits are good places to look.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Tepogue

I liked those pictures and decided to model a couple of HPA on my own. The results are decent enough for a small local tournament I'm attending tomorrow.

Posted Image

and a second one

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qJ3KrXcNMFU/TnQE2easetI/AAAAAAAAACg/Pb3g5FbE8xc/s1600/006.JPG

I intend to finish them more provided they just don't royally suck tomorrow. I wanted to use the fluff which suggests they start off has giant worms and then through in a bit of inspiration from Tremors, Dune, Star Wars and then cover the result in plated armor. I intend to go back and add various added appendagesto the underside along with a collection of shields from what ever armies I face. Make kind of a living mounment that adds trophies as we go on.

Ratty Gnawtail
Member Avatar
Humbug

Wow great work so far. Reminds me a bit of the Sandworm from Beetlejuice.

Anyway good luck with it in the tournie. :)
The (mostly) Complete Works of Ratty
Avatar by ShuNian (and festive hat and cheap snow effects added for good measure.)
Warlock Matik on the fine art of accidently killing yourself

I /was/ going to murder him but he beat me to it :P
Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mrtn
Member Avatar
Swashbuckler
This is my version, my Trojan Rat.
Eight Chicky Bits, is that a Chicky Byte?
Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5 for Civilization III Conquests
My Southland Beastmen and Mortals
Fingers are like onions, if you cut them, you cry
Living by Stockholm Rude Time (GMT +1)
Make your own Chaos Warrior
My Skaven Army
My Nurgling Army

Writing Fighter
Member Avatar
Clanrat
Hmm, I was thinking of the Giant Mouse of Minsk from the movie American Tail.

I was considering making something with a giant ball filled with smaller rats similar to the Doomwheel, painted with a rusty metallic cage; like a giant mouse ball, only something that rolls over targets, squishing them or absorbing them into the mass to be consumed.
Edited by Writing Fighter, 10th October 2011 - 03:15 PM.
Because Chipmunks are rodents too.

Warlock Matik
Member Avatar
(Z>)90 (ENW)90t = 1
Vermin Lord
Writing Fighter
10th October 2011 - 03:12 PM
Hmm, I was thinking of the Giant Mouse of Minsk from the movie American Tail.
It's been so long since I've seen that movie that I can't even recall that :P Cheers for reintroducing me to my childhood :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · Clan Skryre · Next Topic »
Add Reply