Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
UE Gallery Compendium; Links and Discussion Thread; Links and Discussion Thread
Topic Started: 1st January 2008 - 03:00 PM (4,131 Views)
Demagorgon
Member Avatar
Demaaaaargh

Inspired by Scruitiss's 'Skaven General' thread, in which members were invited to post pictures of their characters, this is a compendium of links to similar galleries, for all aspects of your Skaven army.

It's also the discussion thread for the pictures posted in the links - any techniques or conversions shown that you want to talk about, this is the place, so please keep the galleries clean for pictures only.

~ The Council of Thirteen

UE Skaven Army Showcase

Skaven Characters Gallery
Warlord Clan Gallery
Moulder Gallery
Pestilens Gallery
Eshin Gallery
Skryre Gallery

And we can't forget the original gallery thread of past painting competition winners, showcasing all those beautifully painted models:

The UE Painting Competition Gallery of Fame!

Links updated thanks to pointers from Bounty. - Olorin the Ancient

Edited by Olorin the Ancient, 8th August 2012 - 06:50 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Demagorgon
Member Avatar
Demaaaaargh

Someone has raised the issue of unbased models in the Army Showcases, suggesting they are too unfinished to display. I might as well clarify here, since it's a point to discuss.

I think unbased models in this context are completely fine. Looking through the already established Character gallery, many models have been posted that aren't based. Why should some be allowed and not others?

As long as the models themselves are complete, with some element worth showcasing - whether it's a conversion, a colour scheme, highlighting or whatever you feel worth showing off - you can post them. Although in the spirit of compromise, if you post unbased miniatures and then later base them, you might as well update your post to reflect this.

Any issues you have with the gallery itself, suggestions for improvement etc, can all be posted in this thread along with discussion of the models themselves, otherwise I just look like I'm talking to myself :P
Posted Image

Grey Seer Starr
Member Avatar
Visionary
Great!!!

I've posted some of my pictures in the different threads :D

You're models look great Dema, far better than mine

Ratmikey's models are very nice too

Niz's models are absolutally jawdropping

greets GSS
Posted Image
"The truth is only an summary of observations" - Van der Starre

Scrivener's opinion on SAD armies: "It relies on the tools and not the craftman, so to speak, and the craftman holds the skill, not the tool."

My army diary
To4+G Bubonic Court diary

Niz'tizi'ihack
Member Avatar
Mad Harbringer of Mutation
Got all mine up, it took a while. BTW I got a bit confused over characters... I mean Ghorritch is most definitely Moulder, but he's also a character.. I put him in both. But I'll change things if this is wrong.
Posted Image

CRC
Clanrat
Niz:
Wow, very nice stuff, what did you use as the base for the burrowing behemoths and the chimerats?

Demagorgon
Member Avatar
Demaaaaargh

Characters just go in Characters. The Moulder Gallery is just for units :) Glad to see people posting!
Posted Image

Niz'tizi'ihack
Member Avatar
Mad Harbringer of Mutation
CRC
Jan 2 2008, 10:57 AM
Niz:
Wow, very nice stuff, what did you use as the base for the burrowing behemoths and the chimerats?

The Burrowing Behemoths are made from the Necromunda Caller model. The Chimaerat from a plastic Carnifex and Giant, the head is green stuff.
Posted Image

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Cutting in on the action here...

... I'd like to paint the Moulder-fans into the direction of this topic. Although the whole UnderEmpire Realms project does need something of an overhaul (which will come in the near future), it can still do with some painting guides.

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30

Scarfester
Member Avatar
Scaaarrrrghhh

Nice work Dema!
This is going to act as a great reference point for all the noobs asking questions about how people paint all their units. :)

Keep adding those pics guys!
I think we're coming into a golden age for the P&H forums.

I may well have a few tricks up my sleeves as well. ;)
Dema in a PM about my fluff

Wish I could plot like you can, you must have a mind like a corkscrew to turn all those scheming corners

Posted Image

General Vorg
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Squeeks and the Temple

Nurglitch ur banner is actually nuts! the claws and tail just seem to mold into the material of the banner like magic. On the consturctive critisismismism, your plague lord looks rushed and messy, i think that your have to make him look more concrete rather than a mess of paint, as that would make him more realistic and thus more intimidating.

Just my 3 arm's worth,

squeeks
Posted Image

Demagorgon
Member Avatar
Demaaaaargh

@ Nurglitch: How did you make that banner? It's incredible! I've always liked the flayed skin for banners thing and that just takes it to a whole new level. Is it a mix of bits and greenstuff?
Posted Image

scrivener
Member Avatar
*toot*

The banner's a Rackham model, it's from the goblin army, which worships a rat god.

Thanks for that! Rackham have some good things for a Skaven army, I'll probably buy a few models :) ~ Dema
hannanibal

*Angry mob assembles*

"WHAT DO WE WANT!!??"
"A THINNISH, WATERY PAINT WITH A GREENER TINGE THAN AGRAX EARTHSHADE!!"
"WHEN DO WE WANT IT!?"
"QUITE SOON PLEASE AS MY LAST POT IS RUNNING OUT!"

Demagorgon
Member Avatar
Demaaaaargh

Dammit Glod, I actually sat there and waited for that to load :lol:

Morgoth, I love the deserty colour scheme of Spitznaz ^_^
Posted Image

Grey Seer Starr
Member Avatar
Visionary
added my new assassin and my doomwheel

greets GSS
Posted Image
"The truth is only an summary of observations" - Van der Starre

Scrivener's opinion on SAD armies: "It relies on the tools and not the craftman, so to speak, and the craftman holds the skill, not the tool."

My army diary
To4+G Bubonic Court diary

Stinkhair
Member Avatar
Dabbling GM. Clanrat loon. 6th Edition Aficionado. Bitter.

Hysteria : Are your ratogres done in the same manner as your clanrats? They look very good, and might be the direction I head in with mine.. ^_^
Posted ImageI've flown with pirates twixt the stars of New Eden,
Fought across Lordran, slain dragon and daemon,
Wandered the Wastelands - the East and the West,
But U E dot net's what I like the best.
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Skaven Painting and Hobby · Next Topic »
Add Reply