Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Skavenblight Gazette Issue 10 Volunteers
Topic Started: 17th September 2010 - 07:46 AM (511 Views)
Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

As the tenth issue of the Skavenblight Gazette is heading towards us, it is obviously time to step things up a notch and surpass our previous issues when it comes to the quality (and hopefully the quantity) of our articles. Now the editors (Clanlord Trask and yours truely) have silently been doing some work on this already, but the magazine won't really be a magazine without the articles to publish in it... and that's where all of you come in.
In general, what the editors aim to achieve is a mixture of article types, which would be fluff (whether it's a background piece or a story), hobby articles (painting, converting), tactical articles (unit/ equipment analysis, army tactics), house rules (of which the Legends of the UnderEmpire article series is an obvious example) and so on. As long as it hasn't been posted online already and is about the Skaven (or gaming in general), your submitted articles can certainly find a place in the Skavenblight Gazette.

If you feel inspired and wish to have your work listed in the Skavenblight Gazette, get writing and sent your article(s) to [email protected]. If you have any questions regarding articles, the magazine or other subjects I fail to mention right now, you can either contact us at that adress or simply post your question in this thread.

For those of you who wish to write an article, but aren't sure as to how you would begin, a 'How to Write an Article' guide has been posted here in the Skavenblight Gazette subforum. This isn't meant as a specific guideline on how to go to work or how to best write an article, but as a helpful gesture to give an idea as to how the process goes.

As always, we are happy to receive any artwork or photos from models you are willing to submit. Also take into account that Clanlord Trask for the next issue(s) has kicked off In The Flesh, a first of a series of miniature galleries, for which this one is aimed at clan Moulder. Several entries have already been received, but we of course hope to see many more coming in!

Finally, we also have Seer Squeek whom gives his sage advice to those that seek his counsel. If you have any questions regarding the wellbeing of your troops, how to get that annoying Eshin Assassin off your back and so on, sent him a private message and you will see your question answered in the upcoming issue of the Skavenblight Gazette.

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Up to this point, we have received some articles, but we can always do with more.

Obviously, we are looking for an equal spread between the hobby, gaming and background parts of the game, so should we receive (for example) a large amount of fluff articles, we tend to divide these in between the upcoming and future issues. Simply put, that means your article will always be published, but depending on the overall received articles it might be an issue later then the upcoming one. (Of course, we will inform you of this, so you're not surprised if the editing process is finished, but your article is nowhere to be found in the issue).

So, hereby the reminder that we most certainly appreciate new articles being sent in, or in case you wish to contribute, but do not know how, a simple PM to one of the editors (either Clanlord Trask or myself) from which point we can see what would be possible.

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30

jpf1982
Member Avatar
Grand Pubah of The Waaagh Cast!
I know, time has come and gone for #10, but at one point one of you who does stuff for the ezine had sent me a message via the PM service, which while I was reading my 2 year old son hit the keyboard and managed to delete it... ACK! It was about my Rat Ogre conversions and I didn't get far enough to read more; but I'm up for being involved in the magazine if whichever one of you wrote me the PM can remember it and get ahold of me again. LOL!

Here's a link of one of my pictures so it may help jog the memory of whoever PM'd me.

Posted Image
Posted Image
- A Warhammer Fantasy Blog / Podcast

« Previous Topic · Skavenblight Media · Next Topic »
Add Reply