Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Big AL's 2250 list
Topic Started: 26th October 2009 - 06:59 PM (677 Views)
Big AL
Chieftain
I played a game last week with the new skaven book, I'm taking the same list and trying my luck again. Here's whats in my list:

Seer, on bell: skalm, warp condenser, 2x scrolls
Plague priest: lvl 2, scroll, flail

25 Storm Vermin: full command, triple march banner
25 clanrats: full command, shields
4x 17/3 giant rats/pack masters
20 night runners: warp grinder

2x 6 Jezzails
7 Plague Censor Bearers

WLC
Abomination: warp spikes
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kariko83
Member Avatar
The lurker in the shadows
I like the list but personally i would combined the 4 giant rat units into 2 units and add a master moulder with great weapon for added punch. On top of that it saves 12 points if you do that and you have less Leadership problems than a 20 man unit. In the end you end up with a unit that looks like this.

144pts 25 giant rats 4 pack masters and a master moulder with great weapon

In combat you get 13 S3 WS3 attacks and 3 S6 WS5 attacks and have many ranks to absorb hits from shooting. If you want you can even run the unit 6-7 wide for more added attacks, 15-17 S3 attacks total. Just remember to put the master Moulder in the front rank.
Local Challenge board Record W-L-D
6th ed Skaven 8-3-0 7th ed skaven 6-1-0

13th Spell Times Cast: 8 Kill Counter: 14 Maraders, 38 Saurus warriors, 8 high elf bowmen, 20 Empire Handgunners and 14 Dwarf Handgunners

WIP Abomination Thread
Skaven in 7th ed: a WIP tactics article By Kariko83

Posted Image
chieftainskritchskritch

Do you think, that every time a Plague Monk pees, he takes a S2 hit?

SkavenDan
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
I can't see that list doing very well, who did you play?

Personally any unit less than 30 strong is not big enough and on top of the small unit sizes you dont have that many units my old 2250 list had 6-7 units always 30+ strong.

It might win games but I wonder how much of that comes from the rare cheese choice you added to your list.
Posted Image Twitter @SkavenDan

YouTube SkavenDan

SkavenBlight Radio Website

Twitch SkavenDan

ColdBlood666
Chieftain
I havnt seen the new book but that list seems kinda small...Im guessing the seer and bell and all his wargear costs 600 somethin? So im assuming that your characters and the Abom take up about half your points. I havnt played any games with skaven but my guess is that list will be a hit or miss against other armies.

lorddrakewater
Member Avatar
Warlord of Clan Skarrtick
I think that we are all going to have to get used to a new play style. list like this one can be competive. For the most part I would take list tring to overwhelm my oppenant but normally got my butt kicked because #'s in the current enviorment are not as good as tehy were. there are too many unbreakable units out there, Empire/deamon/undead. we were behind the curve and now we are right in the middle of the pack.
I had a cool picture but I lost it.

ColdBlood666
Chieftain
Yea I for sure want to use the bell in my army but im thinkin I want to put it in a big unit of like 30+ clanrats atleast. Im also planning on using the abom and censor bearers also so I may find my list strapped for points as well. Oh well I guess the bright side is less to buy and less to paint! lol.

Kariko83
Member Avatar
It will take up a chunk of you army or more specifically here is a break down of that with a bare seer.

440pt Seer on bell

155pts 30 clanrats with Shields and full command

2X 96pts 6 Censer bearers

250pt abom with spikes

total: 1037pts

Thats a large chunk but you get a lot for it and still have 1213pts to turn it into a a tounament list.

13th Spell Times Cast: 8 Kill Counter: 14 Maraders, 38 Saurus warriors, 8 high elf bowmen, 20 Empire Handgunners and 14 Dwarf Handgunners

WIP Abomination Thread

Posted Image
chieftainskritchskritch

ColdBlood666
Chieftain
Sweet thanks! Thats all I really want to use so with the rest of the pts id just throw in a doomwheel and loads of regiments of clanrats with spears. I kinda want to have somewhat of a horde army.

Big AL
Chieftain
I just smoked a lizardmen player who had a Temple guard/slann and engine list. The abomination is AWESOME!!! and mixed with the 3x march banner for the storm vermin and bell is a nasty nasty combo.
On turn 2, I move 30" and get right in the flank, then roll for the bell, on a 2-4 I move D6". Very good chances of getting that flank charge, and if I roll too high, then it's still no big deal since I'm not in the enemy charge arc. All the while running the abomination up to kill everything else.
The WLC misfired the first turn, rolled 2 2's the second, but by the third turn I didn't need it since I had flanked and destroyed his engine, and razordons, and was getting ready to flank, rear, and hit the front of the temple guard with the big storm vermin and bell unit.
My PCB's got killed by terradons dropping rocks and poison shots before they could even get into combat.

The giant rats are only 75 points because they are cheap enough to run away, they are cheap enough to go into a unit with hatred, do a wound or two, and run (instead of auto die like slaves do), and make the enemy persue. They have a bucket load of attacks, and are very fast for being infantry. The only issue I have with them is that they don't count towards the minimum # of core units.
I couldn't read anywhere that you can use great weapons in the second or third rank with pack masters.

I agree that I could use more units, but there are some things in the list I'm not gonna drop. I might want to try a list without the bell, but then I need more shooting and magic to draw the enemy in, which still doesn't solve my small ammount of units problem.

My seer is 240 with 100 pts of items, and the bell is 200 pts. The plague priest is 160, and the abomination is 250. so 950 for those 3, it's a lot, but it's worth it!

Next thing I might want to try is a 2 abomination list!!!! :rogre:

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

As there is an armylist section, I'll move your thread towards that forum. ;)

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30

WageMage
Chieftain
Big AL
Oct 27 2009, 07:43 AM
mixed with the 3x march banner for the storm vermin and bell is a nasty nasty combo.
On turn 2, I move 30" and get right in the flank, then roll for the bell, on a 2-4 I move D6". Very good chances of getting that flank charge, and if I roll too high, then it's still no big deal since I'm not in the enemy charge arc.

It's 3X normal movement as a march move, so only 15" max for the Stormvermin.

Quote:

I couldn't read anywhere that you can use great weapons in the second or third rank with pack masters.
You can't. Only whips can do that.

Kariko83
Member Avatar
you are right that Great weapons cant strike from the back ranks but nothing is forcing you to put him in the back rank, just simply put him in the front rank. Putting packmasters in giant rats in the back was never a forced thing it was just common wisdom to get more attacks. Now rat ogres were forced to have them in the back rank in the old book but that rule is also gone in the 7th ed book.

WIP Abomination Thread

Posted Image
chieftainskritchskritch

« Previous Topic · Army Lists · Next Topic »
Add Reply