Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
It's a long way to the top; New arrivals at the smugglers market...
Topic Started: 9th October 2009 - 02:27 PM (3,022 Views)
Lord Skrat

Where was Snikitch when you needed him? usually his constant grandstanding anoyed him, but it would be fun to watch the sparks fly in this case. He himself didn't really care enough though so he didnt say more himself. He did stand around though. These new skaven seemed verry nervous, and while it could be down to beeing surrounded by bickering warlords, he thought it ran a little deeper.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Decker_cky
Member Avatar
Master of the Deamonic Leash of Numbers and the Armor of Updates
Red Fang looked at Kwikk a moment longer, than to Ta'kk, then took a step back to speak to both of them at once in the most earnest voice possible.

"As once followers of Rattsu the Black, why do you wish to follow one from Ulricsberg? Was it not the Claws of the Horned Rat who cast your master from Ulricsberg? Would that they had left Rattsu leading, perhaps you would not have been in this position, fleeing your homes."
Posted Image

UnderTheEarth
Member Avatar
Grey Seer Scabrac
*thump*

The chameleon skink Te-Qui landed on the ground, chittering madly

`So-ssooo cocky are the syndicate at this time....`

Rattsu
Member Avatar
Is writing Dragon Age fanfiction

Both Kwikk and Ta'kk looked at each other at the ghostly voice, Kwikk's fur standing on end by now. They should have gone south like he suggested, and not here, out to the frontier. Only mad chaos-things and crazies lived here. He ignored the voice, hoping it would go away and that he hadn't been been the one that the voice had been meant for.

"We didn't say we'd follow anybody from back home, Red Fang." Kwikk tried to sound assertive, and he managed rather well. "That was our burrow, and it was taken from-from us with the help of demons." Anger was good it had made him straighten up and remember what it was like to be a chieftain. Especially with Ta'kk at his back, he was reasonably sure the Eshin hadn't broken him out to stab him in the back.
I am currently writing an epic Dragon Age 2 adventure that can be found HERE!! or on my deviantart.

Posted Image

Decker_cky
Member Avatar
Master of the Deamonic Leash of Numbers and the Armor of Updates
UnderTheEarth
Oct 9 2009, 04:51 PM
`So-ssooo cocky are the syndicate at this time....`

Skritck looked down at the pathetic little skink and thought of kicking it, then thought better of it as he realized that if it should do something tricky, it could make him look foolish.

"Honest, not cocky." He muttered in a matter-of-fact manner.

He looked back at Kwikk who now seemed a little more confident.

"You are a smart rat, and won't commit lightly. And I respect that and won't press. But for one in your position and with your unique skill-set, the Deathcave Syndicate is the only faction that you should consider. I leave an offer open to you should you come our way."
Posted Image

UnderTheEarth
Member Avatar
Grey Seer Scabrac
`heheheheheheheh`

The skink eyed the leader of the syndicate for a little while and then continued

`The bigger they are....the harder they fall....`

Dark Lord Nihilus
Member Avatar
the Dragon
"You have seen their past deeds, their ruthless nature will only ensure that they will be quick to dispose for whatever meager profit to they can lay claim to", by now she was directly behind the two newcomers, throwing her voice so that it appeared to come from a continually moving source.

"Madness is the least of your worries in these accursed lands...insanity is proof of your continued existence. There are....things, which will drive you from this world and the next." A whispered sigh carried the words to tickle their ears, "you have seen them, spirits, daemons and worse. Careful lest you consign yourself to damnation."
Posted Image
Posted Image

Stinkhair
Member Avatar
Dabbling GM. Clanrat loon. 6th Edition Aficionado. Bitter.

[size0]Skarkit blinked in shock - What had appeared as a simple rock, plummeting from the tunnel roof, had uncurled and landed with poise in the centre of the group. More confusing, though, was that the others seemed unphased, and casualy replied to the strained, awkward chittering of the lizard-thing.

Wriggling into a slightly more comfortable position, he narrowed his eyes, and flicked his ears, focusing on the small group around the skink - Already, one rat had admitted nothing short of heresy, two others had claimed to be the very leaders of the loose coalitions of warring clans that dominated this area, - although the one followed by stormvermin was certainly more convincing - and one of the robed figures - the one most heavily swathed in robes, in this hot, dark, humid, crowded tunnel - smelled, and sounded, wrong. Obviously, quite unlike a skaven, but not like a man-thing either. Possibly, he mused, they smelled different when they were enslaved. Either way, there wasn't enough information here; nothing solid enough, or worth enough, to be of any profit. That two powerful warlords would tread these chaotic tunnels virtually unguarded would be useful information indeed, were it not for the fact it was scarcely believeable, and even less without evidence.

Most of the conversation was focusing on two rats, newcomers, it seemed. How long rats that could draw such attention would last in this turbulent place was anyone's guess, but the movements of the crowds were telling - A small space was beginning to clear around the group, insofar as was possible amongst the masses, yet some skaven were heading straight for the chittering gathering, with determination or glints of ambition in their eyes.

This, Skarkit thought to himself, may yet prove to be most interesting.
Posted Image Posted Image

blader4411
Member Avatar
The New Lunar Republic!
"Well, it seems all factions are attempting to drag you into their ranks" Killfang said, glancing from Skrat, to Red-Fang, then he turned to face the new rats but looking somewhere behind them, his eyes glowing red, before he smiled, bemused

"Well, what has put the mighty leader of the Surface Warlords in such a state?" Killfang asked, both in mockery and genuine curiousity. While he waited for a response, he decided to answer a question from the newcomers a while back

"As you can see, the conflict is already beginning to intensify. Already I have had to hurl Queetik Warpvolt and the Bishop out of the Fangsden to the south. It is all due to the massive warpstone meteor right in the centre of this domain, which all 4 factions seek to claim."
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blitz
Member Avatar
Mad Skaven Strategic Genius that Sucks At Painting
"That meteor will be owned by the Chosen! " Blitz cried, "The Syndicate is a bunch of psychotic things and the Host is formed by crazy rats that believe that Seer magic is stronger than Skryre magic!"
Warlord Bloodfang

Warlord Bloodfang
Nov 10 2009, 12:36 AM
Quote:

Actually Bladder blabbed.

:lol:
Sounds like it could be a new Phink. Bladdering: Typing before you think. :P [/color]

Not a typo mate. I liked the name Blitz inadvertantly gave him.

Posted Image

Lord Skrat

Indeed, yes-yes. Oh and as I understand it Killfang, the "mighty" leader of the surface things was "put in such a state" by an assassin you had to hire since none in the Syndicate had the skill to do it himself

Rattsu
Member Avatar
Is writing Dragon Age fanfiction

Kwikk had indeed been startled when the lizard fell, but it was small and tiny and obviously posed about as much threat as a slave, so he decided to ignore it and not prove himself even more skittish. He had to remember that he wasn't a slave anymore, and as far as these rats knew, he never had been. One thing he couldn't ignore though, was the voice that kept talking to him, but at least now others seemed to react to it was well. That was a relief, he didn't want to end up like that mad breeder, chittering madly in a corner somewhere about shadows in the dark. He settled for focusing on Red Fang and Killfang, deciding that he didn't want anything else to do with crazy priests or chosen of anything. "We have just got-got here" he shrugged, his tail flicking nervously. All the hairs on his back was standing on end, as if there was something right behind him. But he knew that was just in his imagination. "Our band is not-not here yet."

Ta'kk on the other hand was fairly certain there was something behind them, but he had no idea what, except that it was not a rat, and that this while thing felt very wrong. So he scraped a little, looking up at the two taller rats that represented the Deathcave Syndicate and the Dark Host. "We will listen and smell and think-think about this. And soon decide..." He gave Kwikk a little push to tell him that it was time they went somewhere else before this erupted into an open brawl.
I am currently writing an epic Dragon Age 2 adventure that can be found HERE!! or on my deviantart.

Posted Image

blader4411
Member Avatar
The New Lunar Republic!
Killfang thought about the chittering remarks of the others, replying in turn starting with Blitz

"The meteor is currently held by the surface warlords, though the one holding the site suffered an "unfortunate accident", is that not right? After all, that ghostly voice we have all been hearing is the Desert Enchantress, leader of the surface warlords." Killfang remarked, grinning

"In any case, I do not see how who's magic is stronger factors into this. There are both engineers and seers among the Dark Host. Though I am not sure about the state of mind of those in the syndicate, I'll leave Red-fang to explain that." Killfang chuckled before continuing, turning to Skrat

"I was not the one responisible for this assassination, for the Surface Warlords are a bit too far away to worry about, with the Chosen at our doorstep. I would think a rat in the Syndicate would have the most reason for the assassination, with the 2 factions at war." Killfang mused, before finally turning back to the newcomers

"I see that you are new here, but whatever faction you decide to become part of, you will hear from me. Oh, and look behind you" Killfang warned, his eyes now glowing red again as he saw the essence of the Desert Enchantress.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Blitz
Member Avatar
Mad Skaven Strategic Genius that Sucks At Painting
"Blasphemy!", Blitz shouted, "The Dark Host is mainly formed of Skaven, so you should all obey the Horned Rat!"
Warlord Bloodfang

Warlord Bloodfang
Nov 10 2009, 12:36 AM
Quote:

Actually Bladder blabbed.

:lol:
Sounds like it could be a new Phink. Bladdering: Typing before you think. :P [/color]

Not a typo mate. I liked the name Blitz inadvertantly gave him.

Posted Image

Chieftain Quickitt
Member Avatar
Clanrat
Skitterleap hurked at the top of a belltower at the market. His eyes spied the market, searching for a individue, known as 'Blitz'. He has some things to say to this creature...

Not seeing anything yet, he grabbed his large balde and skitterleaped away, to react his frustration on some low Slave.
Darn Skaven addiction..., darn money shortage...

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Smuggler's Market · Next Topic »
Add Reply