Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
It's a long way to the top; New arrivals at the smugglers market...
Topic Started: 9th October 2009 - 02:27 PM (3,021 Views)
Rattsu
Member Avatar
Is writing Dragon Age fanfiction

(Soundtrack: Arch Enemy - Scream of Anger)

”This is a bad-bad idea.” Kwikk flicked his whiskers at the unfamiliar smells, eyes darting everywhere to make up for the confusing impressions his nose and ears gave him. “This far-far and for what?” He pulled down the hood using the tattered fabric to cover his nervousness; he was glad that the smells covered any hints of musk he might shed. It wasn’t his fault, he’d spent a few months as a slave, and the experience had left him scarred in more ways than one. The compact dark-furred rat had turned nervous and skittish once left to his own devices, his tail kept close to his body.

“This far-far and we’re just any old rat-rat” Ta’kk on the other hand was in his element, the light-brown rat was as gangly as ever, but these days he’d lost the nervous slave-shuffle he’d affected while pretending to be a Hissvin slave, and had taken on the demeanour of a rather successful clanrat, not somebody you stepped on, but most likely because he would skitter out from under your feet first. “You wanted to stay back-back east? After that-that?” He gave the bigger rat a meaningful glance.

“We’d be dead-dead, corpse-meat for the burrows.” Kwikk sighed and sidestepped a puddle, suppressing the urge to kick at one of the slaves in his path when he almost tripped over him. He was no longer Kwikk, the right hand of Rattsu the Black and standard bearer of clan Hissvin, rulers of the Ulricsberg. “You shouldn’t have done-done it.” The words had an air of finality, a smell of an argument repeated over the months.

“I did-did it. Now it’s done. And now we run.” Ta’kk sniffled a little and flicked his ears. His Eshin training meant that he didn’t have to look as nervous as Kwikk did to keep an eye on the surroundings; his ears told him everything he needed. Unfortunately it didn’t tell him why he was still alive; he could only guess that meant that someone in clan Eshin approved of the former spy’s actions. Or that they had run too far and too fast for vengeance to catch up. “You think he told the truth-truth?” The last was whispered, almost in awe.

He was not-not the most subtle of rats on the best of days.” Kwikk veered a little to let a group of purposeful stormvermin past, wondering yet again how it came that people never seemed to bump into his companion, and maybe-friend. “And not about this-this. If he shed the musk of fear, then-then…” His hand had slipped to the short but sharp sword in his belt, squeezing the hilt as if it could make him feel better.

“Then… we run-run. And hope it’s far-far enough from the mountain.” Ta’kk sniffed the air, picking out the scent of foodstuffs from the myriad of stenches that surrounded them. He was glad that they had finally found some balance between them, both had been slaves of sorts, and masters of another, and the tables had turned between them enough times that Ta’kk felt that he could almost trust his almost-friend. Well, as much as an Eshin could ever trust anybody, much less a former chieftain. Enough to bring them both out here, as far from the thing down below as possible. Maybe far enough to start again. “Food-food?” he asked, tail flicking in innocent excitement.

“Yes” Kwikk agreed. “Food-food. We’ve run-run far enough for now. Maybe settle, no-no?” The question was innocent enough. But it was true. He was tired of running, and there was a feel of desperate excitement in the air that he realized he had missed. Here things were in upheaval, and in places like that there were always the opportunity to carve a place for oneself.

“Maybe” Ta’kk agreed, scratching his fur as he looked around. “You ready to do chief-job again? Lots of rat-rats looking for something better. Looking for a way-out. You know how that-that feels.” He gave the other rat a teasing look, deftly sidestepping the inevitable cuff that resulted. “See, you no slave-thing anymore” he grinned happily. “We have warpstone, you know how to lead-lead. Soon chief Kwikk the Black, no-no?”

To this, there was no reply from the other rat.

No reply at all.

((OOC: Yes, I might join the campaign, but I have no idea on which side. The one that seems funnest to play with I suppose, so... here goes playing. I'm gonna post a few snippets here, and if someone wants to play along and makes me enjoy it... well, you might end up enemies or friends. It all depends. We'll see what happens.))
I am currently writing an epic Dragon Age 2 adventure that can be found HERE!! or on my deviantart.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blader4411
Member Avatar
The New Lunar Republic!
Killfang was wandering around the market, having nothing to do, now that the paperwork and mustering had been delegated to others. He was about to head into the nearest tavern for some Skavenade, when he spotted a group of other Skaven close to him. Curious, Killfang approached them...

OOC: Yeah, I posted OOC by mistake first, but now with someone notifiying me, it's been changed ^_^ Thanks Pineapple! :D

Lord Skrat

At the risk of starting yet another recruitment frenzy, I'd have to say join the Chosen, we have all the cake and one of the hosts warrens :lol:

If I can start interacting tho:

Skrat entered the market. He needed to look around some tech shops for parts for his inventions. Some of the parts he knew he needed, but he would, as always be on the lookout for interesting bits not on his list. As he came into the market proper he crossed paths with two skaven, one seemed to melt to the side to allow hime passage. He was instantly more alert. Clan Eshin.

daemonic badger
Member Avatar
Veteran/OAP
Kritlis was hungry again. His insides kept convulsing, slowly tightening and contracting from lack of food. All he could eat was the thin gruel that could be poured through his mask. What he really wanted, was a juicy, tender bit of meat.

He realized he had stopped, the other storm-vermin forming up around him. He scowled and waved them onwards, carving a way through the throngs of rats that crowded the Smuggler's Market.

It wasn't fair; the market was covered with various slaves, and no other master would have minded if Kritlis had taken a few plump ones aside, and gorged himself. But that sanctimonious master of his had decided it was unholy. Filthy hypocrite.

Kritlis fished a battered piece of paper from beneath his armour and frowned at it. As always the letters printed on it looked like unintelligible squiggles to him. He quickly shoved to a rat by his side, hoping to cover up his illiteracy.

Kritlis barked at the rat; "You, go get the things on that list. The Bishop gave us this pouch of man-thing gold; you better get everything The Bishop wants for half that price! You hear?" The other nodded silently, eyes wide, before scurrying off.

Good, that's sorted. Now a quick drink while that rat does all the hard work and we'll be back before The Bishop suspects a thing. Kritlis unscrewed the bottle cap and drained the fiery liquid. A dull, listless smile crept over his features.

He felt himself drift off into a drunken stupor when he saw two suspicious rats, at the far end of the market. Close inspection saw that they didn't bear the colours of any faction. He grinned wolfishly.
Ahhh, he thought slyly, fresh meat.

OOC: it's good to see Kwikk again! reminds me of old times ^_^

blader4411
Member Avatar
The New Lunar Republic!
Killfang smiled thinly as the number of Skaven around him suddenly increased, and wondered what the occasion was. He walked to the centre of the crowd, pushing past slaves as they rushed around on errands.

"What brings so many of you here?" Killfang asked no one in particular.

Lord Skrat

I am on shoping trip nosy-rat

Rattsu
Member Avatar

Kwikk was getting nervous, but he was always nervous these days. How easy you forgot how to act like a Chieftain when you had spent a little time on the bottom. But, aware that he was being watched, he pushed back his cowl, trying to look as determined and threatening as he could. He wished that they could have eaten first, all this was a lot better on an empty stomach.

Ta'kk had taken half a step behind Kwikk, letting the bigger rat shield him from the eyes of others. He could smell an argument starting to brew the moment the two strangers snapped at each other, and it just smelled of old hostility. Yes, there was something going on here, and he gave Kwikk a small shove in the back.

"We..." Kwikk started, then paused to flick his whiskers a bit, darkening his voice into a more threatening growl. At least he hoped so. "Just got-got here" he added, tail curling up to stop it's nervous twitches. "Who is boss-boss around here?" It was an innocent enough question... he hoped. By the Horned One, how did Rattsu ever do this?
I am currently writing an epic Dragon Age 2 adventure that can be found HERE!! or on my deviantart.

Posted Image

blader4411
Member Avatar
The New Lunar Republic!
Killfang shrugged

"I am Lord Killfang Deathmeld, battle leader of the Dark Host" Killfang replied, before gesturing at Skrat

"He is a member of the Chosen, who I met previously in the market."

daemonic badger
Member Avatar
Veteran/OAP
Kritlis chuckled. Who is Boss around here? How naive!
The squadron of storm-vermin steamed through the crowd, elbowing any rat not quick enough to get out of their way. The Fang-leader swaggered up to the two rats, every plate of armour rattling as he walked.
The stormvermin cut an intimidating figure; cloaked from head to toe in sharp, overlapping layers of armour.
Kritlis held out his paw to the nervous looking rat;
"Welcome to the UnderDark! The only Boss in these parts is the Horned Rat, other than that, its a free-for-all in the Smuggler's Market. But more generally speaking, my Lord and Master is The Bishop, leader of The Church of the Horned Rat; he in turn serves Reverend Scolis and Keal Ghost-killer; the second-in-command and supreme leader of the Horned One's Chosen, respectively."

blader4411
Member Avatar
The New Lunar Republic!
Killfang smiled, intriuged at the new arrival

"Ah, so you are Kritlis then, my agent told me all about you"

Stinkhair
Member Avatar
Dabbling GM. Clanrat loon. 6th Edition Aficionado. Bitter.

[size0]Skaven markets are busy, chaotic, turbulent places. It's difficult to observe something in a tunnel bustling with a thousand frenetic ratmen. From the ground, at least.

Resting his head on his arms, Skarkit looked down from atop one of the many riskety stalls crowding the wide tunnel, scanning the crowd for anything of interest. Being between jobs was boring - Hopefully something worth reporting to someone would happen, although, he thought, scanning the crowds and seeing the self-claimed 'leader' squaring up against other common skaven in a place like this, it didn't look likely.
Posted Image Posted Image

Blitz
Member Avatar
Mad Skaven Strategic Genius that Sucks At Painting
A small, static-laden Skaven fired a shot at one of the clanrats trying to buy some warpstone bullets. While the clanrat grabbed his wounded arm, Blitz took the bullets out of his pocket and paid for them. He looked at the fallen clanrat and said "Be faster defending yourself, stupid-stupid!" He turned around and looked at Killfang. "Spare parts for some of my...... contraptions"
Warlord Bloodfang

Warlord Bloodfang
Nov 10 2009, 12:36 AM
Quote:

Actually Bladder blabbed.

:lol:
Sounds like it could be a new Phink. Bladdering: Typing before you think. :P [/color]

Not a typo mate. I liked the name Blitz inadvertantly gave him.

Posted Image

blader4411
Member Avatar
The New Lunar Republic!
Killfang nodded

"I used to tinker with a few inventions myself, but since assuming leadership, I have been much to busy to do so, and now leave such things to my chief engineer, Phaseclaw" Killfang lamented, for he enjoyed such work.

UnderTheEarth
Member Avatar
Grey Seer Scabrac
Te-Qui the chameleon skink hung from a stalactite with his prehensal tail. Invisible due to his camouflage he observed those below....

Rattsu
Member Avatar

Warlords and priests, Kwikk was already having second thoughts about this. Wasn't this partly why they'd lost their home in the Ulricsberg anyway? That they had always ended up on the losing side. Well, him anyway, not Ta'kk, but he was Eshin and it was doubtful if he had a side. He jumped a bit when the shot went off, longingly looking sideways for the gun, wishing he had one right now. "So..." he squeaked, looking between warlord Killfang and Kritlis. "We serve the Horned Rat like everybody, so we might stay-stay for a while..." he drifted off, watching the two rats carefully.

"And by we-we" Ta'kk chimed in from behind him "We mean our band. They're not here-here yet, we are scout-scouts, yes we are, to see if this is good-place to settle." He gave Kwikk another surreptitious shove to have him keep his whiskers straight. "If my chieftain like-likes this place enough."

Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Smuggler's Market · Next Topic »
Add Reply