Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Kefas' Skaven Army Blog
Topic Started: 13th June 2009 - 09:17 PM (36,722 Views)
kefas_the_rattus
Member Avatar
Clanrat
Hi everybody!
Dear slaves :D I want to show you in my Skaven Army Blog all my rats... unit by unit, part by part because my army is still WIP!
I just want to explain vision of my army... I want to make my skaven army in clan pestiens scheme, with nurgle accent, poison, plague, illness, rotten etc. etc.
Shall we go...? ok...

...first I want to show you my wip giant rats unit:

60x40 filler:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

multipart conversion of death man eating by GR:

Posted Image

whole but not finished unit of GR wiating for delivery for delivery of more GR :>

Posted Image
Posted Image

that's all about giant rats at the moment... work in progress...
...so what do you think about it my dear slaves?
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dougan_2
Member Avatar
Drunken Assassin Kill-Klaw
looks like no slaves are going to respond so me, Kill-Klaw shall speak up AWESOME but paint them -.- learn ur place aswell.
Posted Image

Sciencespark
Member Avatar
Grey Seer
Nice unit but are you intending to mount the entire army on slate?
If you do many of your small figures will tower over opponents that are supposed to be bigger and that could look a little wierd. If you don't these rats could well look more impressive and almost as tall as your actual skaven troops. Something to think about before you go much further. Interesting mix of figures.
Currently joint first in PRS points, may as well blow my trumpet whilst I've got one.

Posted Image

Nordic
Member Avatar
Warlord
Looks cool to me! these make me feel ashamed of my basing. great work!
I really like the unit filler!
W6/D0/L4

My skaven Army DiaryMy Scratchbuilt Assassins

My Witch Hunters Army Plog

Posted Image

I have .pdf's of: The loathsome ratmen and all their vile kin, Book of the Rat, Liber Necris,two Realm of Chaos Books, Mordheim with extra rules for DE, HE, O&G and lizardmen warbands etc
, Bubonic Court List, SoC Eshin List, Hell Pit List
and some more.
PM me your Email and the requested .PDF's if you are interested. IMPORTANT!You will need Winrar/winzip/7z or other unpacking program to unpack the files its free for Download 7z homepage

Demagorgon
Member Avatar
Demaaaaargh

Woah, those are incredible. Such awesome ideas and attention to detail, and the conversions are amazing. Necromunda rats make way better giant rats than the regular ones too what with being comparatively giant and all. They look so rabbly, definitely a good look for giant rats units.

I'm definitely going to follow this army diary :D
Posted Image

kefas_the_rattus
Member Avatar
Clanrat
"Sciencespark"

Nice unit but are you intending to mount the entire army on slate?
If you do many of your small figures will tower over opponents that are supposed to be bigger and that could look a little wierd. If you don't these rats could well look more impressive and almost as tall as your actual skaven troops. Something to think about before you go much further. Interesting mix of figures.

I read in skaven fluf GIANT rats are really BIG and are similar size even to wolves!
incredible but realistic for me, they are not smal rodents! they are not rats! they are mutated and converted by warpstone GIANT rats! I put my other WIP pestirats are on slate so they wouldn't looks smaller than GR iven if I don't care. This is my army idea! This is my GR idea! This is Sparta! :D But I understand your attitude!

and one more thing...

if someone feel bad after I wrote
Quote:

Dear slaves 
I just want explain I didn't want to offend NOBODY! I'm new on forum so maybe I don't know all rules so if somone felt resentful after that please accept my apologize!

update...

Thanks for your attention and all good words about my first giant rats unit!
Today, I want to show you little continue conversion of GR. This conversion shows grats who are eating human flesh... they just clean battlefield out of carrion, poisoned people who are dying in convulsion! They don't let nobody to alive! My GIANT rats!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

still wip because Im' waiting for delivery of rest of my GR miniatures.
What do you think?
Posted Image

kefas_the_rattus
Member Avatar
Clanrat
NO COMMENTS? :angry: ;) ok so update! :P

ok everybody... tonight I want to present my first clanrat unit (I call them "pestirats") actually a part of it, just few models… fcg, sigle models including "censer-pesti-rats" who’re sowing blast of death... blast of all old warhammer world sicnesses ...
Pestirats are mutated, converted by warpstone and all of clan pestiles poisons and sicnesses, they’re carrying irreversible corruption, they’re trying to escape death so they’re wearing gas masks but this is unavoidable process.

first rank inc fcg

Posted Image

sb

Posted Image

follow ranks but not all... whole unit count 30pestirats :>

Posted Image

Posted Image

single models:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"censer-pesti-rats":

Posted Image

Posted Image

that's all at the moment I hope you like it x.x
Posted Image

blader4411
The New Lunar Republic!
Amazing!!! Keep at it, for I shall be watching :ph43r:

Nordic
Member Avatar
Warlord
Wow! awesome Giant Rats and awesome Clanrats! where did you get the gas mask heads from? if this army will have a half as good paint job as conversion job it will still look awesome!
W6/D0/L4

My skaven Army DiaryMy Scratchbuilt Assassins

My Witch Hunters Army Plog

Posted Image

I have .pdf's of: The loathsome ratmen and all their vile kin, Book of the Rat, Liber Necris,two Realm of Chaos Books, Mordheim with extra rules for DE, HE, O&G and lizardmen warbands etc
, Bubonic Court List, SoC Eshin List, Hell Pit List
and some more.
PM me your Email and the requested .PDF's if you are interested. IMPORTANT!You will need Winrar/winzip/7z or other unpacking program to unpack the files its free for Download 7z homepage

Not so grey seer
Member Avatar

I'm liking the look of this stuff; Those gas masks look great!

Keep it up!

Demagorgon
Member Avatar
Demaaaaargh

This is gonna be an incredible army! So much work and detail gone into each individual model and it really pays off! I love the rot dripping from the book and the rats eating the guts. ^_^
Posted Image

carcharoth
Member Avatar
Slayer of Lizardmen
Quote:

I read in skaven fluf GIANT rats are really BIG and are similar size even to wolves!
wolves are not that big. the chaos warhounds and dire wolves make them look huge when their really not -_-

on a more positive note, i really like the conversion work.

Tunnel Rat
Member Avatar
Patron of the Lurking and the Sneaky-Sneaky
Your conversions have amazing detail. The giant rats are awesomely gruesome. Love what you did to the banner. Terrific work!
My Blog
Posted Image

Chrisk of Nolfet Peak
Clanrat
As previously stated: Awesome! :) The incredible detail to individual models are staggering!

May I ask where you got those giant rat models?

dougan_2
Member Avatar
Drunken Assassin Kill-Klaw
sorry if i made you feel unwelcome about what i said earlier, i was only joking i just forgot the smiley, sorry sorry sorry forgive me please? :( Anyway they look really really cool and as i said earlier, go on paint em! :D
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Army Diaries · Next Topic »
Add Reply