Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Black legion marine squad.
Topic Started: 3rd June 2009 - 06:36 PM (280 Views)
ratmikey
Member Avatar
I have become my terror,and you my precious lamb and martyr
Hi everyone.

Alongside the guard army i'm working on,i've also started a Black legion army seeing as i have a small force and don't want them to go to waste.

So far i have enough chaos parts to make 16 marines,5 havocs,a lord and 3 loyalist terminators i'm considering converting into Obliterators.

I painted these yesterday and an hour or 2 today:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I'm really happy with these,besides 1 or 2 of the freehanded eyes of Horus.
To be honest they were alot harder and time-consuming then i'd expected the Black legion to be to paint.

I hope you all like them.

Death to the false emperor and all that,
cheers. :P
Cazgar on the subject of Bolters as ejector seats:

Casper says:
"we're all gonna die - HURK!" "looks like private krellars blasting off, agaaaaiiiin....."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grey-Clad Stranger
Chieftain
Those look great!

Demagorgon
Member Avatar
Demaaaaargh

You're like the most prolific painter on the site (Or... the world o_o) and it's all to a consistently high standard. They look fantastic, especially the skin. Very very good highlighting there ^_^
Posted Image

Chieftain Cazgar
Member Avatar
Prophet of Plastic
yeah, they do look very nice.

you managed to get what's imo a very bland chaos scheme to look kinda cool. not that i'm knocking your minis, but the black and gold look for chaos always seemed a bit mundane to me.

i especially like the power fist, the metal on the fingers looks very good.

i think i may well buy a box of chaos marines myself today. i REALLY want to do the idea i told you about, i think it'll be a real test of my painting skills (ie, i'll have to stretch them a lot to get what i'm picturing in my head :P and will most likely end up with something terrible) but if it works out i'll post them up here too.
Posted Image

Posted Image

ratmikey
Member Avatar
I have become my terror,and you my precious lamb and martyr
Thanks guys and gal. ;)

I'm happy you like them because i thought that most people would avoid a topic like the plague because of the mention of the boring black legion. :P

I like the scheme so i thought i'd try to give them a decent name.I still think they need some work to make them stand out though,something to work on when painting future marines.

Caz-I hope you do try out your idea,and even if it fails,i hope you'll still show us all?

Cheers. ^_^
Cazgar on the subject of Bolters as ejector seats:

Casper says:
"we're all gonna die - HURK!" "looks like private krellars blasting off, agaaaaiiiin....."

carcharoth
Member Avatar
Slayer of Lizardmen
they look great

« Previous Topic · Non-Skaven Painting and Hobby · Next Topic »
Add Reply