Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Nordic's Little Skaven Army; 500pts Skaven for border patrol
Topic Started: 10th February 2009 - 10:30 PM (21,762 Views)
Nordic
Member Avatar
Warlord
The clan is comprised of members from all the major clans, including Moulder, Skryre, Eshin and Pestilence. The clan has found a big warpstone vein that they mine and guard furiously to pay for the major clans services. The black Skaven Bruck is the clan warlord and official leader.

UPDATED 20/12-09

Posted Image

LORDS

Posted Image
Warlord Bruck

Posted Image
Grey Seer Nagrat

Posted Image
Grey Seer Thanqoul

HEROS

Posted Image
Deathmaster sniktch

Posted Image
Assassin Snitz

Posted Image
Eshin Sorceror Nighteyes

Posted Image
Battle Standard Bearer Girch

Posted Image
Warlock Engineer Buchack

Posted Image
Warlock Engineer Horat

Posted Image
Warlock Engineer Rigrag

Posted Image
Plauge Priest Shauku

CORE

Posted Image
Clanrat Regiment 1 + Ratling Gun

Posted Image
Clanrat Regiment 2 + Ratling Gun

Posted Image
Clanrat Regiment 3 + Warpfire thrower

Posted Image
Clanrat Regiment 4 + Warpfire thrower

Posted Image
Giant Rats

Posted Image
Night Runners

SPECIAL

Posted Image
Poison Wind Globadiers

Posted Image
Gutter Runners

Posted Image
Jezzails

Posted Image
Plauge Monks

Posted Image
Plauge Cencer Bearers

Posted Image
Rat Ogres

RARE

Posted Image
Hell Pit Abomination

Posted Image
Doomwheel

Other Skaven Stuff

Acorn warrior

Color themes for the different Clans in the army:
Eshin is black highlighted with purple, ie. purple robes
Moulder will have dark red robes
Pestilence have brown robes with a scaly green hood.
Skryre have light brown/cream coloured robes with black and yellow hoods.

Whats Left to paint:

2 Grey Seer Thanqoul
1 Chieftain with Battle Standard
1 Chieftain
1 vintage Screaming bell+Grey Seer
1 Ikit Claw
1 Deathmaster Snikch (yes, another one...)

lots of Clanrats (one or two regiments left. plus some vintage ones)
7 Jezzail Teams
10-11 Poison wind globadiers
10+ Gutter runners
4+ vintage plague monks
1 Warpfire thrower weapon team
------------------------------------------------------------

Clanrat starters
Heres my first rank of clanrats that ive painted. i bought these models over two- four years ago. and they still havent got the love they deserve. ive assembled all of them but not painted them all. i tried to use the Rattsu paint scheme and i liked it very. its easy to paint and it doesnt take too long on each figure. i bet they will look great when i have painted and based the whole unit! now ill return to my paintbrush and skaven.

till next update!
(skaven)
W6/D0/L4

My skaven Army DiaryMy Scratchbuilt Assassins

My Witch Hunters Army Plog

Posted Image

I have .pdf's of: The loathsome ratmen and all their vile kin, Book of the Rat, Liber Necris,two Realm of Chaos Books, Mordheim with extra rules for DE, HE, O&G and lizardmen warbands etc
, Bubonic Court List, SoC Eshin List, Hell Pit List
and some more.
PM me your Email and the requested .PDF's if you are interested. IMPORTANT!You will need Winrar/winzip/7z or other unpacking program to unpack the files its free for Download 7z homepage
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ratmikey
Member Avatar
I have become my terror,and you my precious lamb and martyr
I really like them,they seem to be really grim and dark,perfect for skaven.
The metals in particular look good.

Cazgar on the subject of Bolters as ejector seats:

Casper says:
"we're all gonna die - HURK!" "looks like private krellars blasting off, agaaaaiiiin....."

Nordic
Member Avatar
Warlord
@Ratmikey: thank you very much! ^^ the Coloursheme isnt the most original but i like it anyways.

Posted Image

Finished second Row of Clanrats! took little over 1h and 15minutes. (i Clocked it) superfast by my standards. If i continue in this pace i will be done with ALL my skavens that are unpainted before the month is over! they look very gritty, i like it alot.
(skaven)(skaven)
W6/D0/L4

Posted Image

I have .pdf's of: The loathsome ratmen and all their vile kin, Book of the Rat, Liber Necris,two Realm of Chaos Books, Mordheim with extra rules for DE, HE, O&G and lizardmen warbands etc
and some more.
PM me your Email and the requested .PDF's if you are interested. IMPORTANT!You will need Winrar/winzip/7z or other unpacking program to unpack the files its free for Download 7z homepage

EshinAssassin
Member Avatar
Clanrat
I was a Fan of your Scratchuilt Eshin. The Second Pic I liked More, But on with this subject.
:pmaster: :pmaster: :pmaster: :pmaster:

What Colors do you plan on Doing for the Clanrat(SLAVES?)
Thanks
^_^

Sciencespark
Member Avatar
Grey Seer
75mins for 5 figures! it takes me that to paint one to a standard I'm not happy with, by that I mean not as good as yours, clearly your technique has me in awe. Are you doing the 24Hr painting challenge on the 2oth? If so we should try and paint together posting every 20 mins or so, Im certain to learn a lot and by comparing us two people should learn exactly how not to paint horde armies (that would be my technique).
Currently joint first in PRS points, may as well blow my trumpet whilst I've got one.

Posted Image

Nordic
Member Avatar
Warlord
Quote:

75mins for 5 figures! it takes me that to paint one to a standard I'm not happy with, by that I mean not as good as yours, clearly your technique has me in awe. Are you doing the 24Hr painting challenge on the 2oth? If so we should try and paint together posting every 20 mins or so, Im certain to learn a lot and by comparing us two people should learn exactly how not to paint horde armies (that would be my technique).

Im not up to the 24hr thing cuz i dont have a full Regiment, some are missing. though by now its gone twentyfour hours since i made the first post here and ive not painted twenty minis. but 15! thats really fast by my standards. but i miss four Models for my 25 man Regiment, so i had to loot my bits box for more skavens, i have the same models from a privious pack i bought like 8 year ago or so, but most of them are converted beyond recognition. i have no idea where they've gone. hopefully theyre somewhere in my hobby room.

I clocked it today too. ive painted this regiment in 2h 54mins or so.

Posted Image
here are the new five mixed in the unit so it will look more random. they got darker when i mixed the "Skaven Wash" wich consists of Scorched brown and Chaos Black and some water. its kinda coffe coloured.

Posted Image
here are the skavens i managed to loot from my bitz box in the meantime. i will have to look closer for the unpainted and unconverted ones tomorrow or some other day.

Quote:

I was a Fan of your Scratchuilt Eshin. The Second Pic I liked More, But on with this subject.
What Colors do you plan on Doing for the Clanrat(SLAVES?)
Thanks
blackskaven01.gif blackskaven01.gif blackskaven01.gif blackskaven01.gif
happy.gif

Thank you. ^^
um.... i wont have any Slaves, but if i would have slaves maybe i'd combine like, i dunno, flagellants and Ghouls and milita models or something???
W6/D0/L4

Posted Image

and some more.

Nordic
Member Avatar
Warlord
Posted Image
Paint-Paint Quick-quick!

i thought id show before and after pics. this is before and after the "Skaven Wash" that consists of a hint of Chaos Black and some Scorched Brown mixed with quite alot of water. they dont look too great up close but in a unit on the table they should look great. and this is before i paint the eyes and teeth or any highlights whatsoever.
W6/D0/L4

Posted Image

and some more.

Nordic
Member Avatar
Warlord
Posted Image
Now everyone but four are done (thought they still need Shields.) those four are gone, i cant find them. but ive managed to scry my bits box and found some skaven bits i will use to make new ones.
W6/D0/L4

Posted Image

and some more.

Throat Ripper
Member Avatar
Purveyor of WarpTea
Welcome to the Washing World Nordic, it is fun. Drybrushing is just highlighting but faster, remember that. ;)
Posted Image Posted Image

Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography

mrtn
Member Avatar
Swashbuckler
Looks like a nice start to the army. When you paint your sculpts you should post them in this thread as well, BTW, they're looking really good.
Eight Chicky Bits, is that a Chicky Byte?
Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.5 for Civilization III Conquests
My Southland Beastmen and Mortals
Fingers are like onions, if you cut them, you cry
Living by Stockholm Rude Time (GMT +1)
Make your own Chaos Warrior
My Skaven Army
My Nurgling Army

Sciencespark
Member Avatar
Grey Seer
Yes I am very impressed by this washing of which you all speak and the speed at which this unit has almost been completed, although worried by this strange idea of putting the command at the front of a unit, what's to stop the troops running away?
Currently joint first in PRS points, may as well blow my trumpet whilst I've got one.

Posted Image

Throat Ripper
Member Avatar
Purveyor of WarpTea
The command unit is always at the front Science, since the Champion is not a hero and therefore does not lead from the back. ;)
Posted Image Posted Image

Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography

Nordic
Member Avatar
Warlord
Posted Image
now ive glued the shields in place and based them. now i need to paint the bases and ill be done! though i need to wait for the basing to dry. almost finished!
W6/D0/L4

Posted Image

and some more.

Nordic
Member Avatar
Warlord
Posted Image
Vrooom!

this will be my Converted Doomwheel for the new upcoming Edition of Skaven, its a Skryre Dragster! i have done some more work to this baby than in the pictures. ive added some more iconography from the Skaven Shields, as well as a driver. i will sculpt his arms and hands to hold the steeringwheel. Obviously there will be more stuff added to this thingy before im finished ^^ i will probably enter this one into the Skryre Machination Competition. or cant i do that cuz im showing wips of it?
W6/D0/L4

Posted Image

and some more.

Nordic
Member Avatar
Warlord
Posted Image
a few hours later since the last pic and im closing on to completion. i think i will remove the lower part of the front chassis as it looks unbalanced as it is now.

its made of two Tomb Kings of Khemri chariots. plastic wheels. and old space marine Bike. the top of a superglue Lid. skeleton shields. a clanrat, something from an old airplane model and a dark eldar jetbike. theres also a tiny piece from a motorcycle model thats a few years old and a spare Jezzail shield that ive bent. im not very happy with the green stuff arms but they will do for now.

hope you like it. =)
W6/D0/L4

Posted Image

and some more.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Army Diaries · Next Topic »
Add Reply