Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
CONCLUSION
Topic Started: 10th August 2007 - 05:44 PM (5,467 Views)
Clan BloodClot
Member Avatar
Yummy, Yummy Dwarf Entrails
Well plan a didnt go that wel but plan B was a resounding success (although we didnt get a shard, but the crown is still not destroyed) :rolleyes:

http://nemesis.ca.games-workshop.com/campa...arfs/week6.aspx

Quote:

To the Skaven, the sudden lull in the winds of magic was so terrifying as to invoke widespread panic in their ranks. The Grey Seers squealed in horror, for they knew deep in their putrid hearts that they, and their entire race, had no place in this world, and neither did the Nemesis Crown. Despite the squalid trappings of civilisation, the Skaven were little more than animals, and reverted to their true nature. Panic gripped the heart of every Skaven in the forest, who fled the region in great rivers of screeching evil. Even as they fled with their armies, the Grey Seers knew that the Crown was lost to them, but only for a time. They knew that, if the Dwarfs had the Crown, they would bury it deep beneath their mountain holds. No matter –  there was no hole in the world deep enough to keep out the Skaven.

As Thorgrim’s warriors closed on their foe under the dulled light of the Chaos Moon, their Dwarven hearts were oblivious to the waking nightmares afflicting so many warriors of the other races. In distant Altdorf, the night sky was illuminated by blinding fireballs and incandescent explosions as a battle between invisible foes erupted. Though none could see them, the citizens wailed that the armies of the Undead had come to reclaim what was theirs and that only the Colleges of Magic could save them. The Wizards battled as the night wore on, a great many of their number falling, withered and dry, to the spells and curses of an unseen foe. None would know what armies besieged Altdorf that night, for no corpses would be left to tell the tale. Only the Wizards themselves knew how close Altdorf had come to disaster at the wizened hands of the Tomb Kings of Khemri.

We better be getting that WarpStone :ph43r:

Down with the Dwarf Things.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mebob
Member Avatar
Pants are for the weak!
mhm, seems okay-ish..jsut i don't like the whole "fleeing" part of it.

Fleeing is in our nature, but this just seems..not right.

Owell, Clan Notch did not flee the Barren hills, but stayed with its fortified foothold.

And what a surprise, the dwarves won and everything was brought back to normal.

The conclusion itself seems well written, and its rather good to see that the Altdof thing worked out (although i never participated in that..)

I hate the fact that its just "all the good guys allied together and beat the evil guys"

What happened to Karly boy wanting to crown himself? he had his oppurtunity and jjsut went "Argh, screw it, let the dwarves destroy it"

I feel a tad dissapointed, tha tin the end, our aims were ignored. Despite the fact one week they accepted our aims, the next they contradicted it. The best way to ensure Karl gets the crown, is through assassinating him.. Well, if it makes sense to Gamesworkshop, it must be good.

Owell, the campaign turned out how i predicted it from before it started "dwarves win, everything returns to normal"

owell..
For proffesionaly made corsets visit:
Elegantly bound Classic looks for the modern woman

(click the name!)
Posted Image
Clan Notch (skaven)
Rukarthan 23rd and Order of Sanctuary (Imperial gaurd and Sister of Battle)
My Devaint Art account

Clan BloodClot
Member Avatar
Yummy, Yummy Dwarf Entrails
actually the dwaves didnt destroy it they just hid it a way.............. underground :ph43r:
its only a matter of time Dev
Down with the Dwarf Things.

Throat Ripper
Member Avatar
Purveyor of WarpTea
well that sucked... lucky i didnt really play in it then.
Posted Image Posted Image

Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography

Bodacious
Member Avatar

Too bad guys but it seemed we sucked so badly that we have accomplished absolutely nothing. At least all the battles mean less competition for food and space in the tunnels now, as I always say ^_^ .

I'm done with this campaign. Going to forget about it and wait for a good fan-based campaign to come about.

Cheers,
Bodacious.

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

You know what's actually quite funny... It appears the Skaven have been quite succesfull in the Howling Heights and Great Confluence, as we apparently are the no. 1 ranked army in both those regions. Personally, I don't know wether this is a mistake in the database or really true, but that's actually quite odd to see, considering the fact that in the background we've been kicked out of the entire Great Forest.

Quote:

The Big Picture. It is important to remember that for this campaign, there will be no single winner. Each faction is working towards its goal, and battles will determine whether or not they are able to achieve it.

*rolls eyes*... Oh yes, fleeing is our objective in the Howling Heights. :rolleyes:

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30

Airtruck
Member Avatar
Clanrat
Zing!

Take that GW. I hope we end up stealing the crown and destroying the Dwarf race. Or something like that. There's a campaign being put on by Da Warpath soon that all of you should take part in :ph43r:

-Airtruck
Posted Image

HOW TO LOSE AT WARHAMMER

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Yeah, doesn't that campaign have something to do with Orc-tober? :P :lol: (Goomb has told me about it already, so I know a little bit what you're talking about).

HOWEVERRR...

The 'Civil War' campaign 2 is coming as well and I expect a full rush of Skaven members for that one!

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30

FatherSquee
Member Avatar
Holder of Clan Pestilens "Most Sexiest" Award

...Well we did get a paragraph, even if it was us running from a lack of wind :rolleyes:
At least we got more than Chaos, they were all forgotten in this campaign
Posted Image

scrivener
Member Avatar
*toot*

As expected, Empire, dwarves and orcs got the limelight. Though I wonder how the orcs feel about Grimgor, whose objective was to get the crown just so that everyone will fight him, and when faced with said everyone, turns and runs. :huh:

Sadly, the general wrap-up rivals SoC's ending as the worst fluff I've read. The slann managed to stop all the winds of magic despite the chaos moon waxing? And the sudden lack of magic terrified all the skaven. And weakened the orcs, eventhough orcs can do perfectly well bashing in human heads without the need for magic.

In a way the lizardmen won the whole day, they freaking routed just about every evil army out there. :P I hope that was player fluff, because a GW deus ex machina of this proportion is just silly.

And the uder-goblin with the Crown sees a dwarf and screams in fear, terrifying all his companions in the process. I thought it was elves that gobbos feared, did they have to take a Fear test for dwarves now?

And the ogres. "all right, I'm bored, let's go home..." Those ogres just about summed up the whole campaign. :rolleyes:
hannanibal

*Angry mob assembles*

"WHAT DO WE WANT!!??"
"A THINNISH, WATERY PAINT WITH A GREENER TINGE THAN AGRAX EARTHSHADE!!"
"WHEN DO WE WANT IT!?"
"QUITE SOON PLEASE AS MY LAST POT IS RUNNING OUT!"

Grey Seer Starr
Member Avatar
Visionary
Well at least I have obtained a nice location for a new home for my clan. The Mines of Khrazzi Drudd are good for us Skaven. :D

A booming voice sounded through the Mines
"next time Thogrim...next time..."

greets GSS
Posted Image
"The truth is only an summary of observations" - Van der Starre

Scrivener's opinion on SAD armies: "It relies on the tools and not the craftman, so to speak, and the craftman holds the skill, not the tool."

My army diary
To4+G Bubonic Court diary

Warlord Bloodfang
Member Avatar
Officially Awesome
Hmph... well I say personally that my forces didn't flee. We held at the Verminkern as I think we've got quite the cusy number right there. ::Directs troops to take, hold and infest the tunnels under Verminkern::

@Vinshqueek: ::Salutes:: No problem there sir! I've been reading up on the last one and from the mayhem that it involved looks to be something that will be much more injoyable then this. Heck, most of the people at my gaming store didn't know anything about the Nemesis campaign. They didn't even care about it. Shows the impact that GW had in my area eh?

Mutate:
Quote:

The Grey Seers squealed in horror, for they knew deep in their putrid hearts that they, and their entire race, had no place in this world,

However... it's this part that I find the most... grating. Skaven not belonging in this world? Did Chaos suffer the same fate as us? As they are more supernatural then Skaven. If anything Skaven belong in the world just as much as man as we are, deep deep down in the bottom of our 'putrid hearts' still rats.
Grr... To me this is just there way of saying something like "Nice try at the return attempt but we're putting our foot down". ::Sighs:: Ah well... what's done is done and no amout of whining and whinging, even from me, will change that.[/color]
Posted ImagePosted Image
Clan Bloodfang
Capre Jugulum: Vampire Counts Army
My Custom Doomwheel

SneakyRodent
Member Avatar
Claws of the Horned One founder member

Well that was.......disappointing, though hardly surprising.

Quote:

The Grey Seers squealed in horror, for they knew deep in their putrid hearts that they, and their entire race, had no place in this world

You know, the more I read this line the more I see it explains GW's view of the Skaven in general in this campaign. We seem to have been more of an awkward presence that they didn't know what to do with, getting in the way of all the 'important' races like the Empire, Dwarves and Orcs.

To put another way, I think they see us as an embarrassing Aunt that always shows up at family get-togethers, who you have to grinningly acknowledge whilst privately wishing they'd just not turned up at all.

The Grey Seers knew that they have no place in the world? Oh come on.....of all ratfolk, the Seers view the Skaven as the race that shall inherit. If GW's line here is taken literally, it would appear the Co13 will wake up the next morning and think 'Ah hell. You know what? We're useless we are. May as well kill ourselves now and be done with it'.

I'm glad to see the Tomb Kings get an honourable mention for the attack on Altdorf; they deserve it for the series of tales that they wrote in that last turn. But our fluff alliance appears to have been completely overlooked in the write up - sure, we know about it, but any neutral reading that summary will never know about our involvement at all.

From a Skaven point of view I am hugely disappointed in this campaign.
Grey Seer Skritchit
Lord of the Ulricsberg
Clan Virulus
Holder of 'Best Post' Award 2007 here
Took part in the glorious Lords of Decay Revolution of April 1st 2012

The complete works of SneakyRodent can be found here

.:WarWolt The Mad Engineer:.

Sneaky is Sneaky, why is the sky blue?
[/size]
Quote:

We've got a psychic creeper, a tactical master, and a liar who talked himself out of an execution.

(Scrivener on the Scum And Villainy2 characters of me, DamnedPrince and himself)

scrivener
Member Avatar
*toot*

That's how I read that line as well. It seemed like GW obliquely saying "you guys weren't supposed to be in this campaign in the first place, so that's why we're going to make you lot abruptly disappear." <_<
hannanibal

*Angry mob assembles*

"WHAT DO WE WANT!!??"
"A THINNISH, WATERY PAINT WITH A GREENER TINGE THAN AGRAX EARTHSHADE!!"
"WHEN DO WE WANT IT!?"
"QUITE SOON PLEASE AS MY LAST POT IS RUNNING OUT!"

Qeek

Quote:

The Grey Seers squealed in horror, for they knew deep in their putrid hearts that they, and their entire race, had no place in this world
I actully find that quite disconcerting especially with 7th edition coming up. It really makes you wonder what they are going to do to us.
And if its true that GW didnt want us in this campaign then they can go to hell.
Remeber this campaign my fellow rats for next time the Dwarf things wont get off so easily.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Nemesis Crown · Next Topic »
Add Reply