Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
artist role call
Topic Started: 2nd June 2007 - 04:05 AM (1,621 Views)
SingTheScreams
Member Avatar
Call me Sings

so are there any other art kiddies on this forum? I just realized ive never really checked and I'd like to see some of the work the members of this site could put out.

im considdering getting a deviantart account. yay or nay? Most of my stuff is already on photobucket anyways. I'll post a few actual paintings later on.

Posted Image
Posted Image
arqueek

no need to worry for soul, instead starts worshipping STS and slaughtering unbelievers in his holy name.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ratphink
Member Avatar
The Unlovable Lurker

Posted Image

A line art rough/work in progress of a piece of Gift Art I'm doing for somebody on another board. Formerly known as Earthwyrm Gyn, informerly known as Huggy.

Nothing all that recent scanned I'm afraid.

I have a DeviantArt, but rarely use it, as I rarely seem to finish artwork these days. *shrugs*
Bod... err... I mean UB!

Phink, Phank, Phonk, etc.- Ratphinks various split personalities

Award for the Worst joke ever goes to... THRASKITAR for the following:
"Thraskitar

Now, now, everybody, let's not lose our heads over this... wink.gif *wink-wink*

Warlord Bloodfang
Member Avatar
Officially Awesome
I'm not so much an artist as a copier. No I don't use tracing paper but I get a picture and transfer it onto paper (usually from an image that I have on the computer).

For examplay...
Posted Image
It's cut off slightly on the right side but thats just from my scanner.
Clan Bloodfang
Capre Jugulum: Vampire Counts Army
My Custom Doomwheel

WoombaWoomba
Member Avatar
Lurking since 2005
I'm not very skilled with pencil and paper, I can draw some basic stuff, but nothing advanced like shading and stuff. The only thing I can do some good stuff with is Photoshop and Illustrator ^_^

Posted Image
Posted Image
WANT TO BUY:
Battlefleet Gothic Orks! PM ME!

8th ed. Skaven W/D/L - 6/2/3

Chieftain Cazgar
Member Avatar
Prophet of Plastic
well, i took art for GCSE, and if i get my target grade for it then i'll be doing it for the next 2 years at 6th form too ^_^

i just did a project in art just focussing on comic book style images, so any doodles i do these days seem to carry on that sort of theme lol. not really that great, but they're not too bad either :)

Posted Image

mutate: i got rid of the last pic, cus it's not very good, especially compared to all the outstanding stuff you guys are posting up.

i've replaced it with a pic i drew last night instead of revising (i don't know why, but i just can't get myself to revise, perhaps i'm just destined to fail lol)

this is a girl i know, unfortunately i drew her prettier than she actually is IRL, and slimmed her face down a lot. so it's not really how she looks, however, i like the picture anyway, even if it doesn't look much like the source lol. still not a great drawing, but it's better than the last thing i had up here lol
Posted Image

Posted Image

Warlord Scratch
Member Avatar
Tactician
I have the general artistic talent of a concussed monkey and when it comes to dexterous line brushing I have the touch of a rapist, however I'm quite handy with a bit of photo shop. Mainly footie related ones but a couple of samples would be:
Posted Image
Posted Image
(made for someone else)
Posted Image
Posted Image
(again, made for someone else. *spits* Not finished but I'm still waiting for feeback)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
(thumbnail)
Posted Image
(thumbnail)
Posted Image

+++ Divide by Cucumber error. Please re-instal universe and reboot +++

Mebob
Member Avatar
Pants are for the weak!
Well, my artwork is fairly...crap i'd say, far too sketchy, so i only really draw as doodles now ^^

I did try at first copying other styles of drawing, but i jsut found i prefered drawing my own little sketchy way in which i can jsut input what ever comes into mind..like a snowman for example...which gives these kind off results:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sketchy, random and too many mistakes ^^
For proffesionaly made corsets visit:
Elegantly bound Classic looks for the modern woman

(click the name!)
Posted Image
Clan Notch (skaven)
Rukarthan 23rd and Order of Sanctuary (Imperial gaurd and Sister of Battle)
My Devaint Art account

SingTheScreams
Member Avatar
Call me Sings

sketchy isn't necessarily a bad thing - I like to use very light pencils (3h and 4h lead instead of hb or b lead) and just do lots of layering.

here's a bunch more

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
arqueek

no need to worry for soul, instead starts worshipping STS and slaughtering unbelievers in his holy name.

Fuzzums
Member Avatar

I have a little bit of artistic talent, but I'm currently suffering from "I hate everything I draw" syndrome. I've always wanted to try out photoshop or something along those lines, but I'm too lazy/cheap to get the program for myself. Just about all the stuff I draw is comic-esque. I don't have any stuff scaned right now; I should get something up by tonight.

shade the exiled one
Member Avatar
lawl and order
I do la little bit of wildlife sketching, pretty good
I've dabbled in watercolour, not bad at it
Tried oil paints, really bad

Right now I'm into photographic art compositions using mundane objects (think modern art)

need to get a new camera though

Shade out
Posted Image

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Warlord Scratch
Member Avatar
Tactician
Fuzzums
Jun 2 2007, 06:06 PM
I have a little bit of artistic talent, but I'm currently suffering from "I hate everything I draw" syndrome.  I've always wanted to try out photoshop or something along those lines, but I'm too lazy/cheap to get the program for myself.  Just about all the stuff I draw is comic-esque.  I don't have any stuff scaned right now; I should get something up by tonight.

For that purpose I advise you to follow my bold statement on the matter.

And to be fair, photoshop is not the most difficult thing in the world to get to grips with, hell I'VE managed it and I have the attention span of a hilbilly in a gun factory. The ropes are fairly simple and the techniques come with practicse. I can direct you to a few tutorials if you like and some pre-cut renders to help you get started if you don't feel like cutting your own (which took me a while to get right but now I can do it, works like a treat).

EDIT: STS the photo-whore strikes again :P Great stuff btw especially considering a stick man is my version of high art.
Posted Image

+++ Divide by Cucumber error. Please re-instal universe and reboot +++

Aderashi
Member Avatar
Chieftain
Ok well this is some old work and atm I am more drawing observational stuff. I thought it was ok enough to show at the forum... (it a skaven so duh =P)

Posted Image

Demagorgon
Member Avatar
Demaaaaargh

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are all done with photoshop if it helps, trust me, it's very easy to use :)
Posted Image

Scarfester
Member Avatar
Scaaarrrrghhh

:o Those are awesome Dema.
Love the pestillens one!

I was relatively artistic at school, but I freaked out my teachers because all my drawings were just rendered pencil in a mix-mash of styles between M C Escher and Gieger.
I LOVED Geiger! ^_^
Dema in a PM about my fluff

Wish I could plot like you can, you must have a mind like a corkscrew to turn all those scheming corners

Posted Image

Demagorgon
Member Avatar
Demaaaaargh

I like Giger too, his autobiography is amazingly written. I did a project on him when I was twelve and similarly freaked out my teachers, because being a niave young girl who liked hamsters and ponies and things, I totally failed to pick up on the um.... overtones and symbolism Giger is famous for. :unsure: But my teachers picked up on it alright.

Oh well.

@Sings: And to answer Sings' question, because I totally and completely forgot to before, yes, get a deviantart account! I've seen some stuff on there already and I think you'd definitely be in the upper tier with your stuff :)
Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Off Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply