Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Fictional characters with brown hair and blue eyes; Anime, preferably.
Topic Started: 1st June 2007 - 09:13 PM (4,258 Views)
Lord Lughtigern
Member Avatar
The Mad Ratter.

I was just watching Full Metal Alchemist, and it struck me that there are absolutely no brown haired males in it!*

Posted Image

See?

Furthermore, there doesn't seem to be that many blue eyed people in it either... Upon careful consideration, I can't think of any anime character who have it! As a random example, Street Fighter!

Posted Image
[size0]Although I'm not too sure on this one...

This strikes me as really odd, because I've always though of this as a really common combination, having brown hair and blue eyes. Could just be because that's what I've got, but still! Can anyone remind me of any anime characters, or from anything, that have them?

*I'm only half way through it, so I could be wrong here.
Posted Image

Links you should try out:
Denizens of the Deep - Rules for Underground Campaigns
Warhammer Skirmish - The Lazy Man's Mordheim
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FatherSquee
Member Avatar
Holder of Clan Pestilens "Most Sexiest" Award

LL, you need to get a job…or at least one that'll occupy you more :blink:
Actually I can't really think of too many people who have brown hair and blue eyes; in anime or RL. Actually I can only think of one guy off the top of my head. Now if it was a question of listing people with blue hair and red eyes in anime your list would seemingly go on forever :P
Posted Image

Warlord Scratch
Member Avatar
Tactician
I have brown hair and blue eyes and am an entirely fictional character. I'm not anime though. Freaky stuff.
Posted Image

+++ Divide by Cucumber error. Please re-instal universe and reboot +++

Lord Lughtigern
Member Avatar
The Mad Ratter.

Nurglitch V
Jun 1 2007, 04:28 PM
LL, you need to get a job…or at least one that'll occupy you more :blink:

I'm job hunting at the moment, the dreaded "callback" stage. Thus the granted time to sit at the computer thinking of obscure things!

But you're right, why do they have such obscure coloured hair? And red and gold eyes galore? How does that relate to the reader?! <_<
Posted Image

Links you should try out:
Denizens of the Deep - Rules for Underground Campaigns
Warhammer Skirmish - The Lazy Man's Mordheim

FatherSquee
Member Avatar

I don't think it's supposed to, frankly I'd be scared if somebody said they resembled Rei or Lucy
Posted Image

skavenguy13
Member Avatar
DOOMWHEEL
Hair colour helps differenciate characters a lot. Especially when they look similar. For example, the only ones looking very similar are Mustang's followers and I just can't recognize them in any way, except "he's one of Mustang's followers"
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Screenshot or it didn't happen!

Ratphink
Member Avatar
The Unlovable Lurker

So Anime uses every colour in the rainbow besides brown for their hair. Whats yer point? :P
Bod... err... I mean UB!

Phink, Phank, Phonk, etc.- Ratphinks various split personalities

Award for the Worst joke ever goes to... THRASKITAR for the following:
"Thraskitar

Now, now, everybody, let's not lose our heads over this... wink.gif *wink-wink*

Underlord Burrows
Member Avatar
The Ever Shiny, Muse and Co Cookie Cutter

I have very brown hair and very blue eyes.

I think it maybe because natural occurring colours are limited? boring? Not so cool? Its not necessarily earth either. Obviously the creators feel that those chatacters should not be so mundane or different colours express a character better.

I mean think about it what kind of easily relatable stereotype has blue eyes/brown hair? Its just kind of average. Not what you want for your uber fantastic unique special kind of character.

Underlord Burrows

Queetik
Member Avatar
"Master" Assassin
It doesn't provide a good contrast with skin-tone.
The Shadows of the Howling Heights are contemplating a return in 8th

Mormeguil
Member Avatar
baby nurgle
Well I manage to found one. A very cool character from a very cool anime. He doesnt have blue eyes but he does have them green ^_^ .

It's Suzaku Kururugi from lelouch of the rebellion. A great anime I recommend to everyone

Posted Image

As for brown hair and green eyes you also have Gankutsou with Albert de Morcerf
Posted Image

But this one ight be because the original story is from the "compte de monte cristo". I do recommend this anime, but really read the novel first. Monte Cristo really sin't seen the samw way and each of them.
I have a few bare metal dark elf model for sale, if interested pm me.

scrivener
Member Avatar
*toot*

I'm staring at the Full Alchemist picture and Jean Havoc and Scieszka both look like brunette males.. :huh: Street Fighter is a different issue because most of the main characters are not caucasian.

I'm having trouble recalling eye and hair colours here because I only know manga characters from black and white prints.... :rolleyes: But a possible explanation why we don't see many brunettes with blue eyes is that it's in RL a relative rare combination. We tend to think of the more generic "brown eye & hair" or the blue eyed blonde. And with manga characters, as mentioned, why settle for normal colours when you can do purples, pinks, reds, oranges, etc to make your characters more recognisable? Also, one more thing, manga/anime is essentially asian, and created by asians. So they don't have the same concepts of what's a "normal" eye/hair colour combination. For an asian, being born with blue eyes is as likely as being born with purple hair.
hannanibal

*Angry mob assembles*

"WHAT DO WE WANT!!??"
"A THINNISH, WATERY PAINT WITH A GREENER TINGE THAN AGRAX EARTHSHADE!!"
"WHEN DO WE WANT IT!?"
"QUITE SOON PLEASE AS MY LAST POT IS RUNNING OUT!"

Demagorgon
Member Avatar
Demaaaaargh

Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing:

Posted Image
Posted Image

brownmccoy
Member Avatar
Grey Seer
Lord Lughtigern
Jun 1 2007, 05:44 PM
But you're right, why do they have such obscure coloured hair? And red and gold eyes galore? How does that relate to the reader?!  <_<

That would probably be to make them not look human. The average guy has brown-ish hair. For games like street fighter, I think that they wanted to make it a subliminal message that people are actually not being killed. I mean, how inhumane would society be if people were killing images that look like real people? (See today's society among youth for an answer).

For normal animes and such, that would probably be, once again, to make them not look human. They want people that watch it to be in awe, and make it a 'fantasy' sort of thing. It is harder to consider an anime a fantasy if everyone looks like you than if everyone has neon green, pink, blue, purple or gold hair.

Now black hair is where it gets confusing. It is probably to do the opposite of other coloured hair. It is to make it look more realistic and such...

But it is an interesting point. This post took a lot longer to type than I meant to because I was trying to give myself reasons for it :P

EDIT: in the first picture, Kayal has brown hair :P As well as a few others with more complex names...
Posted Image
Sig made by Kyoji of Xen of Onslaught

FatherSquee
Member Avatar

Here's one; Yui Ikari from Evangelion
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Off Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply