Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Award Winning Skaven Army - For Sale
Topic Started: 2nd May 2007 - 04:11 PM (4,064 Views)
Ganymede

This is a skaven army I've been working on for over several years and I am looking to unload it. It is chock full of conversions and customization, including a striking unit of undead skaven (complete with undead grey seer, incase you wanted to field them as the Cursed Company). The standard 2250 point list (of which the display board is built around) has won numerous painting and comp awards at the RTT level, and has even garnered Comp and Best General awards at the [warhammertag50]GT[/warhammertag50] level. A number of the models, namely the grey seer, the undead seer, and the demonically posessed rat ogre, have won awards for their painting and conversion.

This army includes a display board with detatchable terrain pieces and dice/templates caddy in the front. It also includes the textured movement trays and custom tunnel tokens.

The army is currently on Ebay, The link is prominently displayed in my Sig.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
This is the link leading to my skaven army on EBAY!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...31060&rd=1&rd=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ganymede

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Chieftain Cazgar
Member Avatar
Prophet of Plastic
wow your characters and the undead unit look awesome!

the rest looks pretty cool, but it doesn't stand out as much. great work, after all that effort, don't you wanna hold onto it all though?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Warwolt the disturbed assassin
D00M WH33L 1337 R1D3R
ethier my browser sucks, or not a single pic on your post works...

mutate; reloaded the post. AWESOME! I doubted at first it had won any prices but it actually do look wonderfull. I can only hope my own will look that good ^^
Baanaaanaaaanaaaanaaanaaanaaaa
For the Monkey Boy, Boys!

Bodacious
Member Avatar

Darn that's a good looking army. The conversions of the grey seer with the fireball and most of the heroes are particularly awesome. Also like the tunnel markers for the gutterrunners. Gives me some cool ideas for my own force ^_^.

One minor thing: I don't think you're allowed to advertise here though. You should try posting the e-bay link and the info in your sig or something. The topic is worth it to show us your models alone, but you should change the advertising if you can before a mod comes along ;) .

Other than that the army does indeed look like a masterpiece. All I can say is that it's a terrific job and it must be hard to getting rid of it after you've put so much time and energy into it :( .

Cheers,
Bodacious.

Frankensqueek
Doomwheel Driver
Stunning. Simply stunning. Such a beautifully converted and painted army; if it were mine I would find it very hard to part with. My only peeve is the colour of the skin; I personally don't like it , but it still looks very nice and, more importantly, unique and personnal.

Fantastic job mate :D

James
Posted Image

Rusty

As for nominations: Frankie, of course, because I love to vote for him and watch him fail :unsure: 

My Army

Glod-Unbaraki
Member Avatar
Low King of PIODT
Very nice, I love your conversions and the outhouse for the runners. I wonder if you'd mind people "borrowing" some of these ideas for our own armies?
*starts to convert greyseer*

I can't believe you're selling it though, looks like alot of love went into making it. Are you changing army or leaving the hobby or some personal reason?

I have to agree with Franky though, the skin is far too yellow for my tastes. It works on the characters, but the first couple of units look slightly odd.

nice work though, a little bit rich for my tastes at $1200/1600. WEll worth if for someone else though.

-Glod
How do they rise up?

Glod has nothing. :ph43r:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
something I'm actually proud of

Ganymede

The brown backdrop seems to be really bringing out the yellowish tones of the skaven flesh. They are actually done up by taking a dark flesh base and highlighting up with vomit brown. They are much less yellow and much more tawny in person.

As for why I'm selling it, I just don't use this army that much anymore. I use my ogres much more often now. That and if I sucessfully sell this army, I'll easily have enough to finance a brand new army. I don't think the price point is too bad, the models themselves are easily worth $800 as raw components, and charging an extra buck or two for each painted model is relatively reasonable.

It is too bad I just posted them now, I would have loved to enter my grey seer into the painting competition.

Scarfester
Member Avatar
Scaaarrrrghhh

Great army!
Nicely painted and good to see someone else that uses a different skin tone for their skaven (I use vomit brown). Looks close to mine!

I've had to remove the link to your e-bay auction, as it breaks the rules of the site. However you can advertise in your signature if you chose to. ;)
Dema in a PM about my fluff

Wish I could plot like you can, you must have a mind like a corkscrew to turn all those scheming corners

Posted Image

Sammy the Squid
Member Avatar
Back to retirement!

That army is absolutely stunning. The painting, converting and everything is just brilliant. It is definately one of the best Skaven armies Ive seen!

I hope you make a few $$ for it, it is well worth the money.

- Sammy
"If the squidman can't do it, no one can!!"

Wins/Losses/Draws

Skaven Clan Rattenkrieg - 106/56/20
Dark Elves - 44/14/8
Hochland Empire - 32/14/4
Malkavian Vampires - 22/21/4
Beastmen - 47/20/1

Have not completed a Painting Vow since July 07!!

Nurglikch the Vomitous
Member Avatar

This army is a nice tabletop standard but it is not a pro painted one. The starting price you have set is way too high! I would begin around 800 and have a buy it now of 1200.

Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (121 AD - 180 AD), Meditations

My usual haunt
Skaven Army Diary

Grey Seer Starr
Member Avatar
Visionary
:o nice army

love those ratogres :lol:

greets GSS
Posted Image
"The truth is only an summary of observations" - Van der Starre

Scrivener's opinion on SAD armies: "It relies on the tools and not the craftman, so to speak, and the craftman holds the skill, not the tool."

My army diary
To4+G Bubonic Court diary

Plagress
Member Avatar
Clanrat
:blink: stunning, simply stunning. Too bad I can't afford any of it. But you did an awsome job with this army.
Life is like a bolt of lightning. Short but our stories continue live on without us even when the world comes unto the end.

Ganymede

Nurglikch the Vomitous
May 7 2007, 01:51 PM
This army is a nice tabletop standard but it is not a pro painted one. The starting price you have set is way too high! I would begin around 800 and have a buy it now of 1200.

The raw model cost of this force is over $800. Include at least two dollars per miniature as a charge for painting/assembling/cleaning/converting and you easily have $1400. Add on a couple extra bucks for the modular display board and the custom tokens.

Demagorgon
Member Avatar
Demaaaaargh

Ok, it's not pro-painted, but it is solidly painted, well themed and impressively characterful. I'd say it's worth the price.

I personally can't afford it, but it's going to make some random internet rich person very happy. ^_^
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Painting and Hobby General · Next Topic »
Add Reply