Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Aeronautica Imperialis; New Forgeworld/ Epic Armageddon game
Topic Started: 4th July 2006 - 07:32 AM (7,784 Views)
Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Greetings,

Since quite a few years, I'm a big fan of the Gaunt's Ghosts series from Dan Abnett and the spin-off Double Eagle, which uses several of the Phantine characters from The Guns of Tanith. I've been fascinated by the high-speed air dogfights and as an avid fan of these kind of PC games, a high addict on anything that combines flying with warfare. As such, the following interests me quite a bit:
Forgeworld Newsletter #147

'Aeronautica Imperialis'
So what is it then? ‘Aeronautica Imperialis’ is the name of our new game of aerial combat in the 41st millenium currently in development. It is a complete, stand alone game using the existing Forge World Epic 40,000 aircraft range, with additional new models we are now working on. ‘Aeronautica Imperialis’ is far more than just dog-fighting; there will be bombing missions, intercept sorties, troop insertions and extractions, strike missions, as well as pure air-to-air, fighter-vs-fighter combat. ‘Aeronautica Imperialis’ will be a large format hardback book, containing all the rules, aircraft datasheets, manouvere cards and scenarios needed to play the game. Of course there will be lots of background information on each of the aircraft in this big book, as well as many colour profiles and ‘photos’ of them locked in deadly combat. Imperial Navy players will be able to fly missions using Thunderbolts, Lightnings, Marauders and Marauder Destroyers. Imperial Space Marines provide some heavy support with their huge Thunderhawk Gunships and Transporters while facing off against the fighters and bombers of the Tau, Eldar, Orks and Chaos. We’ve also designed a new plastic flying base for the aircraft to use that cleverly shows arcs of fire as well as keeping track of the speed and altitude too. I’ve watched quite a few games now and played a couple during play-testing and I really enjoyed it. Each of the different airforces do have their own ‘character’ and have to be used in quite different ways. Just don’t let an Ork Fighta get up close behind you is all I can say! ‘Aeronautica Imperialis’ should be released later this year and we promise to keep everyone up to date with it’s progress via the Forge World Newsletter.

Yes... A game of airfighting, that uses the models from Epic Armageddon! :lol: This subject has also been discussed (and still is) on Warseer.com. Some of the members there whom have been to either a Gamesday/ Conflict where this was up for preview managed to get the following rumours on the table that seem to be fairly close to what the game will eventually become!
heid

- The rules should be released around Games Day UK and are separate to the Imperial Armour series;
- There are no plans to redo any of the existing Epic scale aircraft;
- You'll need minis to play the game - no plans for card counters;
- All aircraft will have a min & max speed and a thrust rating;
- There will be 9 different height levels;
- There are 10 different maneuvres - 1-4 are simple and can be performed by any aircraft, 5-8 are more complex and can only be performed by the faster more agile aircraft, and 9+10 are real suicide bomb run stuff;
- Each maneuvre has an impact on your speed and height;
- All aircraft will use a modified LotR clix base to show speed and height;
- Shooting takes place after movement, although you can shoot before the movement phase if "you're on someone's six"!!
- You can also opt to hold the trigger down longer to increase your chance of a hit but at more risk to yourself.

highmarshaldave

I read through the rules manual. . .

No 'nids as of yet, sorry chaps. But more or less avery other flying race gets their full spread, so thats about 6 or more for the IG.

Rules did not look to complex, they seemed to be a bit of Epic (AP, AT, AA ratings on guns), a smigin of gothic (target orientation) and a whole load of stuff from the other air-combat games out there. They do, however. require a bit more thinking than the main stream games. In summary, not for noobs. An "eliteist/vets" game like inquisitor. . .

Yes, ground based defences have rules in the book too. Should be a laugh.

Oh, and this is a quote from one of the guys on the stand. . . "If you like, you can multiply all the distances by about 30 and use 40K scale models. . ."

highmarshaldave

Easy E. As it was explained to me, there will be a system for campaign style play. Apparently your squadrons are treated a bit like Necromunda warbands, with veteran skill and the like readily available.

Orbital

This is a summary of what I've found out about Aeronautical Imperialis, Forgeworld's upcoming aerial combat game, at Games Day 2006. I'm aware that there's another good thread on this subject currently going, but I couldn't find it. If mods would like to move my comments to that thread, I would not object.

I spoke to Ewan Little of Forgeworld at Games Day yesterday and he was just a terrific guy. Really, really nice and "with it"; articulate and smart. The first thing he told me is that the current thread on Warseer (the one I couldn't find) about this game is very accurate. He said that it does a good job of explaining the ruleset as it is so far; there is much playtesting still left to do and some of the present elements of the game (like cards to use for maneuvers) may not make it to the final candidate, and there may be rules for "Ace Pilots". There will be ground fire in the form of artillery (though no vehicles at present).

He explained that each side would have, on average, up to 12 models in the game, and the armies which currently have epic-scale flyers (Orks, Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Imperial Navy, Space Marines) will be included in the game. It'll be a game with a lot of detail, but they're working hard to make it a really fast-moving game instead of a plodding math-type game. When it's released mid-fall, it'll be in a 176 book comparable to other Forgeworld books such as Anphelian Project and filled with "realistic" photos in the style that Forgeworld is known for. Ewen told me, in fact, that on the way to Toronto on the plane he was taking top-down shots of clouds and ground terrain in order to get as realistic a vantage point as possible for the book's images.

That's what I got at Games Day. Hope you guys find it interesting!

Frankly, I can't wait to get my paws on this one! Fast-paced games with a few models that won't take long to play... Truely, my bag of tea. ^_^

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lord Lughtigern
Member Avatar
The Mad Ratter.

First of all, this sounds very cool. My group (or at least I) always wanted to do some dog fighting and include aircraft, but we could never afford the time/patience or money to get some Forgeworld Flyers! The only (or one of) thing I'm really curious about is the size of the actual models:

Quote:

"If you like, you can multiply all the distances by about 30 and use 40K scale models. .

...have, on average, up to 12 models in the game, and the armies which currently have epic-scale flyers

I'm confused, how big/small will they be about? Battlefleet gothic size, maybe? I just don't know! :unsure:
Posted Image

Links you should try out:
Denizens of the Deep - Rules for Underground Campaigns
Warhammer Skirmish - The Lazy Man's Mordheim

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

It's Epic size... For example, a squadron of Thunderbolts would be this, instead of four times this.

Greetz

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30

Lord Lughtigern
Member Avatar
The Mad Ratter.

Har har har... Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking it would be like, it's just when I hear epic I think
this, you know, as in Fighters THAT size (which would be PRETTY hard to paint!) :P

Yeah, though so, good fun.
Posted Image

Links you should try out:
Denizens of the Deep - Rules for Underground Campaigns
Warhammer Skirmish - The Lazy Man's Mordheim

Kill-Kill
Member Avatar
[insert cool member title here]
Actually, I wanted to see this so much I started to make my own rules (before I knew about it. started thinking about it in the air and space mueseum). I can't wait!
<font color="darkred">Your words are just bloody fallacy,
A house of cards, painted white.
Tried to recreate Normandy,
But you made up the reasons to fight</font>

Mik was here! <font color=pink> <-thanks </font>

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

*grins*... Well, a downside will eventually be the (to be expected) high price of the book. Even while Forgeworld delivers exceptional quality, the last IA tome was app. fifty (or so) pounds, which made it for those paying in euros quite an expensive buy. Though, I hope they will at least publish any errata/ add-ons online, instead of the mass of 'Chronicles' like we have with WH Fantasy.

Greetz

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Update time.

URL: http://www.epic-battles.de/index.php?name=...c&p=10135#10135
Pictures of models (including the new bases that you can order at the online store of ForgeWorld once released) for the new game, taken on the German Gamesday.

URL: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43943
Roundup of rumours on Warseer.com.

This game is surely becoming more and more interesting, as Gamesday UK creeps closer. I'm sure to bug the local GW store to mailorder it once released.

Greetz

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Forge World Newsletter #163
Dec 22 2006
Hello again, and welcome to the latest issue of the Forge World Newsletter.

In today's Forge World Newsletter we'll be taking a closer look at our much anticipated new game, 'Aeronautica Imperialis'. We've only talked a little bit about this over the Summer and Autumn as the author, Warwick Kinrade, and his team play-tested, play-tested again and play-tested even more. We ran some introduction games at Games Day UK back at the end of September and then we finished it all off and sent it away to the printers.
A lot of people have been looking forward to this for quite a while now, so let's get in there.
Thx,

Ewen Little.
Forge World.

Aeronautica Imperialis - Aerial Combat in the 41st Millennium
'Aeronautica Imperialis' is a complete, stand-alone tabletop wargame for two or more players where you command aircraft of the Imperial Navy or one of its many alien enemies. You can play using all the existing Forge World Epic 40,000 aircraft range, with us working on additional brand-new aircraft models. More on those in future newsletters...
All you'll need to play the game is this rulebook, some Epic-scale aircraft with the special new bases shown below, dice, measuring tape and some space to play in!

What kind of game is 'Aeronautica Imperialis'?
'Aeronautica Imperialis' is far more than just dog-fighting; there are bombing missions, intercept sorties, troop insertions and extractions, strike missions, as well as pure air-to-air, fighter-vs-fighter combat.
Of course there is lots of background information on each of the aircraft in this big book, as well as many colour profiles and 'photos' of them locked in deadly combat. Imperial Navy players will be able to fly missions using Thunderbolts, Lightnings, Marauders and Marauder Destroyers. Imperial Space Marines provide some heavy support with their huge Thunderhawk Gunships and Transporters while facing off against the fighters and bombers of the Tau, Eldar, Orks and Chaos.
'Aeronautica Imperialis' is a large format hardback book, the same page size as our big 'Imperial Armour' books. Its 176 pages containing all the rules, aircraft datasheets, manoeuvre cards and scenarios needed to play the game so you can collect, paint and fight with entire squadrons of Forge World aircraft.
I’ve watched quite a few games and played a couple during play-testing and I really enjoyed it. Each of the different air fleets does have their own 'character' and have to be used in quite different ways. Here`s a free piece of advice: Don’t let an Ork Fighta get up close behind you. Those things are vicious!

The Aeronautica Range of Models
The guys downstairs in the Forge World Studio have designed a new plastic 'Aeronautica Imperialis' flying base for the aircraft to use in the game. It cleverly displays both firing and targeting arcs as well as keeping track of the speed and altitude by means of the little numbered wheels. Packs of these bases are available to buy separately for you to fit to flights of aircraft you already own. They are also included with packs of aircraft bought from the new 'Aeronautica Imperialis' section of the Forge World online store.
There you will see for sale packs of all the existing range of Epic-scale aircraft complete with the new bases. Of course, each new aircraft release in the future will also have the special bases included.

500 Signed Copies Available!
The lovely great big rulebook 'Aeronautica Imperialis', the packs of special new bases and all the packs of Epic-scale aircraft with the new bases included, are all available to pre-order right now for release as soon as we come back to work after the New Year celebrations on January 2nd. As an added bonus, the first 500 pre-orders for 'Aeronautica Imperialis' will be signed by Warwick Kinrade, the man responsible for creating this great game and the Imperial Armour range of books. If you want that signed copy, then place your order here right now!
Remember, if you place your pre-order before the beginning of January, orders of £100 and above receive free shipping!

Hell yes, it's finally out for release, so Vinz will be painting some Epic aircraft soon! ^_^

*starts doing a happy dance*...

Greetz

Chieftain Cazgar
Member Avatar
Prophet of Plastic
wow this looks really interesting, however i don't want to get involved with it yet as i've never played epic and i didn't like 40k when i had a short foray into it, so i'm abit aprehensive as to whether i'd like this.

the premise and the models look cool enough, but another big rule book to slog through puts me off a little. i wouldn't mind but in my group of mates its always me that has to buy the rule book, read the rule book and then explain how to play to the others. not to mention after we all got hyped up for 40k and then dropped it pretty fast, any mention of a different game is hushed pretty quickly. a freind said that he liked LotR warhammer and then another complained they wern't getting into LotR warhammer because of what happened last time we branched out lol.

so i'd want to know this game was a keeper before spending 70 quid to be able to play it.

i know you won't receive the models and/or book for a while yet, but when you do could you give some insight as to whether its worth the money after a game or two please?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

URL: http://z8.invisionfree.com/Airspace/

For those who are interested in the game, the link above leads towards a small AI community that has been built over the past few months. Perhaps a little thing of interest, but at least worth sharing IMO.

Greetz

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

*groans*... So many cool games to play and so little time to give everything the attention it deserves. I still need to sort out what 'race' I am going to play in this game, cause while my original plan was to use an Imperial squadron (mostly due to the inspiration from the Double Eagle novel), the Eldar have gained some awfully cool models!

Still, my rambling is not completely the reason of this post, but more to bring the game to everyones attention. Usually, you give someone the best idea of a game through a battle report and seeing how this game has been given quite a bit of attention on other communities as well, I've decided to copy/paste the battle report of Brimstone to this forum. So, if you wonder how this game works, enjoy the read. ;)

Greetz

URL: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86725

Brimstone

Battle Report – Tau Air Cadre vs Ork Flyboyz

Forces:

4 Tau Barracuda fighters
Posted Image

5 Ork Fighta w/rokkits
Posted Image

Turn 1

The orks won the initiative and the majority flew forwards making a gentle turn to the left, the flight leader however had his controls wired incorrectly, cursing the mekboyz and their grots he headed to the right leaving him without a wingman, as they were out of range their turn ended.

The Tau flew straight forwards their sensors locking onto one of the fights however their Ion cannon shots missed their target ending turn one.

Turn 2

The orks again won the initiative thanks to their superior numbers, the Ork flight leader executed a wingover bringing him behind one of the Barracudas and in short range however while his shots missed the burst cannons return fire locked onto the heat from the gunz and caused a point of damage on the leader.

Three of the other fightas with some fancy manoeuvres managed to get in range but missed all of their targets making thirty two Ork shots fired for no effect. However passing shots from the burst cannons of two of the Tau fighters succeeded in shooting down a fighta, first blood to the Tau!

Posted Image

Turn 3

The Tau won the initiative now that the orks no longer had superior numbers however two fightas shot first with trailing fire and had their revenge for their fallen comrade.

Posted Image

The Tau scattered and one of the Barracuda with a passing Ion cannon shot destroyed a second fighta. The Orks also broke and one of Flyboyz racked up his second kill of the day taking the Tau below half strength winning the game for the Orks!

Turn 4 – Final Turn

Before breaking off and returning to base the remaining air caste pilots executed an immelmann seeking revenge for their fallen comrades, however the Orks were out of range and so they disengaged leaving the Sky in control of the greenskins.

Debrief

I really enjoyed myself Aeronautica Imperialis is an excellent game rewarding tactics and planning rather than the amount of dice rolled.
The Tau as you would expect excel in firepower and their manoeuvrability and acceleration are not bad either, only their top speed lets them down and this is not a serious issue.

The Orks are everything you would expect, numerous fast and vicious but while the number of shots they put out is great they have trouble hitting a barn door with a large shoot me sign pinned to it

Next week we are planning to expand to both air to ground and AA with both fighta bommers and Tiger Sharks making an appearance.

I really must get my Manta finished.

deathmonger

For those of you who like AI we are about to launch an online application to create and store your rosters and print a very nice wing datasheet to control ammunition etc...

Keep an eye on www.enterthewarp.com
----------------------------------------------------------------
Warhammer Armies Roster Portal
Visit our blog

Stinkhair
Member Avatar
Dabbling GM. Clanrat loon. 6th Edition Aficionado. Bitter.

Looks like a fanastic game. I watched a bombing mission down at the gaming society meet a couple weeks back, and I've got to say, I'm interested.

Though this particular fight looks quite quick... The one I watched took a few more turns, and allowed rather more depth and maneuvre. That's the main point that appealed to me, visualising an imperial thunderbolt zipping past and under a chaos bomber, pulling up and over, and rolling, to come up on the bomber's tail, and opening up with it's autocannons... Very clever maneuvres can be pulled off... With planning.

I must admit, I am tempted. Price-wise it isn't bad compared to the core GW systems... A small flight will set you back £30-40. (6 Imperial Fighters cost around £35. That much won't get you a 500 point fantasy army, but 6 is more than enough to play IA)

The rulebook is expensive, though. Getting a group of people into the game and buying a communal rulebook seems to be the sensible thing.

In short : IA looks like a very good game, and considering the relative price, it's worth a look.
Posted ImageI've flown with pirates twixt the stars of New Eden,
Fought across Lordran, slain dragon and daemon,
Wandered the Wastelands - the East and the West,
But U E dot net's what I like the best.
Posted Image

deathmonger

Btw... we have our blog up and ready!! :D blog.enterthewarp.com.
Warhammer Armies Roster Portal
Visit our blog

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Last saturday I've been to a local retailer store no less then ten kilometres from where I live and to my astonishment, they place orders at ForgeWorld, which means that I can began building an Aeronautica Imperialis squadron without having to bug anyone for the use of their credit card... And due to the absolute cute-ness of the FW AI Imperial Navy Air Base, my choice is fairly obvious as to what I'll be playing. ^_^

See below the releases from the past month(s).

Greetz

Forge World Newsletter #166
Jan 25 2007, 01:13PM
Hello everyone,

In this newsletter we have some good news for fans of `Aeronautica Imperialis` with the latest batch of releases for our new game, Also we have some cool new photos of painted Death Korps of Krieg and our Eldar Avatar, as well as some experimental rules for the Great Unclean One.
Thx,

Alan Bligh & Ewen Little.
Forge World.

Air War Escalation
Posted Image

In our expanding `Aeronautica Imperialis` range we have several more releases for this newsletter including the Vampire Raider for the Eldar and scenario-enhancing models such as new silos and bunkers for the game. All are available to pre-order now for shipping from Monday the 26th of February onwards via the Forge World online store.

Eldar Vampire Raider. This heavy hitter for the Eldar strike host has all the speed and manoeuvrability you’d expect, and enough firepower to destroy the heaviest opposition with ease, the Vampire Raider is greatly feared by the pilots of other races. The Vampire Raider fills the niche of troop transport in the Eldar sky host that the huge Thunderhawk Gunship we showed recently does for Space Marines, but with the benefits of added speed and manoeuvrability. Model Designer Will Hayes has managed to re-create the fantastic detailing of its 40K scale counterpart in miniature, but even though it has shrunk down to Aeronautica scale, the Vampire Raider is a surprisingly large model with a wingspan of some 86mm/3.5inches!

Posted Image

Also released on the 26th is a superb rendition of our Arvus Lighter for Aeronautica, again exact in every detail to its larger counterpart. This stalwart Imperial transport craft, while unarmed, is perfect for many scenario games where the goal is more complex than to simply duel with enemy aircraft, as well as being great for making airbase scenery and dioramas for your games. (The ungainly and workmanlike Arvus Lighter is one of my favourite designs. Now I can have a fleet of the little flying bricks to zoom around the table with! - Ewen)

In a similar vein we`ve also produced highly detailed new models representing Missile Silos, Radar and Command Bunkers for use in bomber and air raid missions as well as in campaign games (and of course they’ll also appeal to the Epic 40,000 gamers and grace their battlefields too). On a somewhat more lethal note also out is the Imperial Heavy Flak Gun to defend your airfields and bases with!

Look forward to more `Aeronautica Imperialis` releases soon.

`Aeronautica Imperialis` availability

Since its release, we`ve had enquiries from people like yourself, asking where they will be able to pick a copy of the book and some models? The answer to this is that `Aeronautica Imperialis` and the great new range of models to go with it are available pretty much exclusively from Forge World via the Forge World online store, and of course anywhere you see our stand at events and shows.
You can pick up Aeronautica in limited quantities at a select few flagship stores, (Call us for details), but do check what they’ve got in stock with them first before making a special journey.
To find out more about our exciting new game and amass your own air power, click here.

Forge World Newsletter #167
Feb 2 2007, 12:03PM
Hello everyone,

February brings you another newsletter from Forgeworld, and we have some really good stuff for you in the shape of some great new main battle tanks for our Krieg armour range, as well the AX-1-0 Tiger Shark variant and the Grot Bomb (oh yes!) for Aeronautica Imperialis.
Thx,

Alan Bligh
Forge World.

(Even More) Death From the Skies!
Posted Image

With Aeronautica Imperialis going from strength-to-strength we have two more releases on the way to get Tau and Ork players salivating. First for the Tau there is the Tiger Shark AX-1-0; once more a fantastic small-scale rendering of its Warhammer 40K `big brother` by Will Hayes, the AX-1-0s come two to a pack and are quite sizable, with a 75mm/3inch delta wingspan. The AX-1-0s are also real killers in the game; their heavy rail guns can blast apart the staunchest ground targets with ease, and with the Seeker Missile upgrade they can engage multiple targets on the ground or in the air (they’re one of the few Tau craft able to use them in this way,) making for a very nasty surprise for any enemy pilot that underestimates them.

As nice as the new Tiger Shark is, I must admit my favourite release this month is the Ork Grot Bombs for Aeronautica. As well as looking good, frankly I just enjoy the idea of these lunatic grots laughing manically as they ride their one-way rockets toward the enemy for death and glory, it`s just so damn Orkish! They`re also pretty effective in the game for scattering enemy formations and blowing high-value enemy target`s into little bitty pieces.

Grot bombs come eight models to a pack; four of these are designed to be attached to larger Ork aircraft (who get the Grot Bombs as an upgrade), and four to mount on the Aeronautica bases included and go screaming round the board.

Both the Tiger Shark AX-1-0 and the Ork Grot Bombs are available to order now for release on the week commencing the 26th of February by clicking here.

For more information on Aeronautica Imperialis, Forge World’s new and exclusive game of savage air war in the 41st Millennium, click here.

Aeronautica Imperialis Q&A
Warwick has put together some Questions and Answers for Aeronautica Imperialis, which can be found here.

Forge World Newsletter #169
Mar 9 2007, 09:31AM
Hi everyone,
Today`s Forge World Newsletter has lots of information on the forthcoming first ever Forge World Open Day, an announcement of the release of some great new `Aeronautica Imperialis` models and the first official photos of a great new Dark Angels Venerable Dreadnought that a few lucky people saw at Conflict Scotland last weekend.
This weekend Forge World will be down in Bristol for Conflict South-West. We have another new and as yet unseen model to show off at this event so keep your eyes peeled!
Thx,

Ewen Little,
Forge World.

Airwar Thunderhawk Transporters
Posted Image

Imperial Space Marine Thunderhawk Transporters operate alongside their Gunship brethren, ferrying armoured vehicles and mechanised Space Marine infantry from orbit or staging areas on planet, directly to where they are most needed. In the unlikely event of a Space Marine force being in danger of being overrun, Thunderhawk Transporters scream in to deliver armoured reinforcements or, in the rarest of circumstances, pull out the Emperor’s finest and re-deploy them to a more advantageous position.

As of today, games of `Aeronautica Imperialis` will allow you to play those sorts of rapid deployment/emergency evacuation scenarios as we are releasing TWO gorgeous models of Thunderhawk Transporters!

Daren Parrwood has done an extraordinary job in recreating this mighty dropship in Epic scale but still managing to capture all the detail and intricacies of its much larger 40K scale cousin. Available carrying either a single Land Raider or a pair of Rhino APCs, these Thunderhawk Transporters are just great, great models.

To add some Thunderhawk Transporters to your games of `Aeronautica Imperialis`, or just to have one to sit on your computer monitor, (Guilty as charged…), click here to go to the Forge World online store. Remember, both these models are available RIGHT NOW!

Forge World Newsletter #172
Apr 5 2007, 01:18PM
New Additions to the Eldar Sky Host for `Aeronautica Imperialis`
Posted Image

The Vampire Hunter is the specialised ground attack variant of the Vampire Raider. It forgoes the transport capacity of it`s close cousin for additional heavy armament, and carries massive Pulsars and multiple Missile Launchers which give the Vampire Hunter the firepower to engage the heaviest of enemy targets.

In games of `Aeronautica Imperialis`, the Vampire Hunter is really not a nice craft to have to fight, not at all. Faster than every Imperial fighter and more manoeuvrable than something this big should be, the Vampire Hunter is a formidable foe indeed!

Protecting the movements of the Eldar war host from aerial attack is the responsibility of the crews of Eldar Firestorms, a function this potent weapon system can perform with hideous efficiency. Capable of filling the sky with up to nine attack dice worth of shots, the Eldar Firestorm is something best avoided or shot at from a respectful distance.

Both of these beautifully detailed Epic scale models are the work of Forge World designer and modelmaker Will Hayes, and are available to pre-order online today at the Forge World online store for release week commencing April 30th.

Forge World Newsletter #176
Jun 1 2007, 12:09PM
Hi folks, and welcome to the latest Forge World Newsletter. In today`s issue we`ll be taking a longer, closer look at two of our most recent releases, Imperial Armour Volume 5 – The Siege of Vraks Part 1 and our very popular 40K Trench System. Deeper inside the newsletter we`ll be sharing some preview pictures of imminent releases with you as well as news on other new projects Forge World is finishing off.

Thx,

Ewen Little,

Forge World.

And there`s more....
Renegade Militia forces will soon be able to mark their vehicles, fortifications and troops with our newest set of etched brass icons and symbols. That`s so new even I haven`t seen it yet!

Not to be outdone, Death Korps of Krieg regiments will soon be able to get their gauntleted hands on a huge new sheet of water-slide transfers.

The skies of Aeronautica Imperialis games will become even more dangerous places in the weeks to come as we continue to make new models to fill the spaces in the book. Not only that, but I have seen the most enormous Chaos bomber down on one of the designer`s desks, so we can expect news and pictures of new aircraft and models to reach the newsletter soon!

Forge World Newsletter #178
Jun 20 2007, 01:23PM
Hi There,

Welcome again to the Forge World Newsletter, this edition we have a brace on exciting new releases to preview for you, first off there is the mighty Chaos Harbinger for Aeronautica Imperialis, while for Warhammer 40,000 we have the new reinforcements for the Vraksian Renegade Militia in the shape of our new Rogue Psykers and the Enforcer Conversion set.

Alan Bligh
Forge World

Chaos Harbinger
Posted Image

A brand new aircraft for Aeronautica Imperialis, the Chaos Harbinger is a vast warplane; a heavy bomber designed to level cities and engulf them in a sea of incendiary fire. The model itself; -a wickedly streamlined killing machine is a great new design around 17cm long, and just over 11cm wide, which puts it at several times the size of an Imperial Marauder and largely comparable in scale to a Tau Manta, although a deal sleeker and more deadly looking in profile. You can find pictures of the new Harbinger (including a few shots for size comparison) Here.

In the game the Harbinger is hugely destructive to ground targets, bringing a deadly punch to Chaos air fleets both for scenarios and campaign play, and it`s also well defended with reaper autocannon to keep would-be interceptors at bay. You can find experimental rules for using the Harbinger in your games of Aeronautica Here.

The Harbinger is available to pre-order now for release the week commencing the 2nd of July.

Forge World Newsletter #179
Jul 11 2007, 10:44AM
Hello All,

This newsletter sees the release not only of a much-requested new tank variant in the shape of the Macharius with Vanquisher Cannons, but also our new Epic Scale Sabre Platforms and some exciting hints at the future of Aeronautica Imperialis too!

Thanks
Alan Bligh

Epic Sabre Defence Platforms
Posted Image

Also available to pre-order now for release on the 30th of July are our new Epic Scale Sabre Platforms. These finely detailed small models are equipped with long-barrelled AA mount autocannons, and are a very characterful way of bolstering your ground defences during a an AI game, and of course are also perfectly usable in your games of Epic as well.

Full rules for using air defences and Sabre Platforms can be found in the Aeronautica Imperialis Rulebook.

The Sabre Defence Platforms are available for pre-order now for release from the week commencing 30th July.

New On The Horizon
Posted Image

Those of you who have become converts of our air combat game Aeronautica Imperialis (and if not, one is forced to wonder, why not?) have been enquiring for a while whether or not we have anything more in the pipeline for the game. Well I`m happy to say that the powers that be have let me inform you that the answer is an emphatic `yes` Not only are there just some great new aircraft on the way, we also have a new Imperial airbase set and a new supplement book in preparation for the game, all of which we hope to have for you very soon. Keep an eye for more news on this in future newsletters.

Forge World Newsletter #180
Jul 20 2007, 12:16PM
Hi There,

Here at Forge World we`re busy preparing for the onslaught of Games Days we have all over the world in the next two months, and we should have quite a few surprises and cool models in store for you. Yet we still have three new releases for you now in the shape of new Ork Flak Gunz and Flak Wagon in Epic scale for Aeronautica Imperialis, and the much anticipated Death Korps of Krieg HQ Command Squad for Warhammer 40,000.

Thanks
Alan Bligh

Epic Scale Ork Flak Gunz & Flak Wagon
Posted Image

New for Aeronautica Imperialis (not to mention your games of Epic) are new Ork Flak Gunz and Flak Wagons, designed by Will Hayes. These highly detailed little beauties look great with their quad barrelled shoota cannon and are ready to rip enemy aircraft out of the sky in a suitably loud orkish hail of lead.

The Ork Flak Gunz and Ork Flak Wagon are available to pre-order now for release the week commencing the 30th of July, click Here to find them on our online store.

Forge World Newsletter #181
Aug 3 2007, 07:16AM
Hi There,

Well our event season is in full swing and this weekend we’re off to Games Day Germany, but we haven’t neglected the rest of you as we have two fantastic releases to announce in the shape of the Malcador heavy tank with Battle Cannon, and not one, but three new glorious Ork Bommerz for Aeronautica Imperialis.

Thanks
Alan Bligh

Aeronautica Imperials Ork Bommerz
Posted Image

Also available to pre-order now are our new Ork Bommerz for Aeronautica Imperialis; there are in fact three of these beasts, and each is superbly detailed with no end of engines, guns, rockets and wacky Ork ‘tech’. The fact that all the component parts (noses, wings, fuselages, tails etc.) are all fully interchangeable between the models means if you buy multiple bommerz there’s loads of different cool combinations and looks you can achieve. We couldn’t resist going to town on this ourselves as you can see in our extensive (40+ picture) gallery Here.

Designed by the inimitable Mr Parrwood, the Ork Bommerz are multi-purpose in true greenskin fashion, doubling up as transport craft (as stormboys can be pushed out of the back door just as easily as bombs!), and they can therefore fill a lot of different roles in your Games of Aeronautica Imperialis.

Basic experimental rules for the Bommer can be found Here. Full rules will appear in the forthcoming Aeronautical Imperialis Supplement.

Also available for pre-order is our new Ork Bomb & Rokkit pack for Aeronautica which you can use with any of your Ork planes. This allows you to load up your Bommerz with even more bombs! Pictures can be found Here..

You can view the components for the Ork Bommer, Blasta Bommer 1 and Blasta Bommer 2 and are all available to pre-order now for release week commencing the 3rd of September.

Forge World Newsletter #182
Aug 31 2007, 05:21AM
Hello All,

Well you`ve not had a newsletter from us for a while, but the good news is we`ve been building up a plethora of fantastic new releases for Games Day UK 07 in the meantime. Now less than a month away this is the first of what will be several newsletters over the coming weeks previewing what we’ll have available for the first time at the show.

Thanks
Alan Bligh

Tactica Aeronautica
Posted Image

The first thing we can announce is that we should have a new Aeronautica Imperialis book available for sale at Games Day 07. Entitled Tactica Aeronautica it is a 128 page colour hardback that expands the game and features extra aircraft, scenarios, rules and lots of hobby material as well as a brand new campaign narrative to enjoy and a variant campaign system for you to play. You can find your first sneak preview of the cover Here, and more detail on the book will be coming soon.

Forge World Newsletter #184
Sep 14 2007, 12:49PM
Hello Again,

Hot on the heels of Monday`s preview, I have another newsletter for you with info on what Forge World will be doing at Games day UK, and even more new stuff to show you. Meanwhile here at Forge World the preparations for the day continues at a feverish pace (a little too feverish perhaps, as last newsletter’s PDF experimental rules can attest! These have now been sorted out, sorry for any confusion).

Thanks
Alan Bligh

Forge World At Games Day UK 07
Posted Image

First up I have some more details for you about what Forge World will be doing at Games Day UK. You will be able to find our usual sales stand and about as much stock as we can cram in the back of a large articulated truck, by the entrance door F1 in the Forum Hall (where we were last year). Also present will be our entire studio team who have their own stand nearby and will be happy to answer questions as well as show our new models. They have also created a fantastic Siege of Vraks and Aeronautica Imperialis air base display boards which will be on show. You also be able to see some of our ‘work in progress’ designs, among which you will find one very large model indeed….

We will also be running participation games of Aeronautica Imperialis in 40K scale in a special gaming area near our sales stand. This idea which we first introduced at out Open Day earlier in the year has proved very popular, so if you want a chance to do battle in the skies with some big planes, big bases and big dice do come and sign up for a game early on.

Tactica Aeronautica
Posted Image

First previewed a few newsletter ago, Tactica Aeronautica the first expansion book for Aeronautica Imperialis is now available for pre-order here for release on the week commencing the 8th of October and the first 500 copies will be signed, and I can confirm we should have some copies for sale at Games Day UK. Tactica is a brand new 128 page colour hardback that expands the game and features new aircraft, scenarios, rules and lots of hobby material as well as a brand new campaign narrative the Typha-IV conflict, depicting a desperate air war fought between the Imperium and the Tau Empire, and a variant campaign system allowing you to re-create conflict and determine the victor for yourselves.

You can find pictures of the cover and some sample page spreads Here

Aeronautica Air Base Models
Posted Image

Also available to pre-order for release the week commencing the 8th of October, is our fantastic new Aeronautica Imperialis Air Base designed by Phil Stutchinskas. As you can see from the picture Here, these models have a fantastic level of detail on them, and of course are perfect for your games of Epic 40,000 as well as Aeronautic Imperialis, and are also tailor-made for use with the new campaign in Tactica Aeronautica.

The Air Base is available in the following component parts:
Imperial Landing Pad -Small
Imperial Landing Pad -Large
Airbase Control Tower
Airbase Accessories

Forge World Newsletter #185
Sep 19 2007, 12:24PM
Hi There,

Well, this will be our last special preview newsletter before Games Day UK and we`ve just about done with turning the place upside down with preparations for the event and have a final onslaught of new stuff to show you. All the previews shown in this newsletter are for new models, we are hoping to have some stock of at Games Day UK, but supplies will be strictly limited. However they are all also available to pre-order from us now, for release commencing the 8th of October.
One more thing to say is that thanks to our exhaustive preparations for Games Day and the constant demanded you all seem to have for our models (not that we`re complaining you understand!), we currently have a short delay in getting orders out to you and answering your emails, apologies to any customers who are waiting for their orders and we can assure you we’ll get everything to you as soon as possible.
Hope to see you at Games day!

Thanks
Alan Bligh

New Aeronautica Imperialis Marauder Variants
Posted Image

Also available for pre-order are two new variant Marauders for our Aeronautica Imperialis game. These two which can see pictured Here, are the Marauder Vigilant and the Marauder Colossus and were designed by Phil Stutchinskas. The Vigilant is a specially outfitted long range reconnaissance aircraft, while the Colossus on the other hand is a heavy bomber, designed to carry a single bunker-busting bomb to smash fortified targets.

Rules for these aircraft can be found in our new Tactica Aeronautica expansion also available to pre-order now.

Both of these models are available for pre-order now for release commencing the week of the 8th of October, and we hope to have some available on Games Day.

Forge World Newsletter #186
Oct 5 2007, 11:25AM
Hi There,

This newsletter`s our first since Games Day UK and we thought we`d take the time to say a big thank you to our customers, make a few announcements and let you know what went on during the day if you didn`t make it to the event yourselves.

Thanks
Alan Bligh

Forge World at Games Day UK 07
Posted Image

Thank you to all the customers who came to Games Day UK this year and helped make the event such a great success. Quite literally thousands of you came and bought models, chatted to the designers and had a good look at our displays. On show was a fantastic new Siege of Vraks display board, concept sketches, works in progress and the ever popular 40k scale game of Aeronautica Imperialis. The crowds were certainly thick this year, and we`re sorry so many of you had to brave the crush to get what you wanted. We are looking into improving matters for next year!

For those of you that didn’t make it to the show, you can find a gallery of pictures we took at the event Here, so you too you can quake in horror at some of the real faces behind Forge World!

New Models Available from the 8th of October
Posted Image

[...] And for Aeronautica Imperialis we have
Tactica Aeronautica
Aeronautica Imperialis Marauder Colossus
Aeronautica Imperialis Marauder Vigilant.
Aeronautica Imperialis Imperial Control Tower
Aeronautica Imperialis Large Landing Pad.
Aeronautica Imperialis Small Phaeton Pattern Landing Pad.
Aeronautica Imperialis Airbase Accesoires.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Wargaming Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply