Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Fluffy representation of our forces
Topic Started: 18th June 2006 - 06:45 PM (2,368 Views)
Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Something that has been bugging me for a while now, is how we are to fight in this campaign. Will we do this as several clans flocking to a united banner (how odd that might sound for skaven), or do we simply forfeit this role and go for something else completely?

An idea I've been tossing around with, is to enter this campaign as one clan. One clan? Yes, as one clan with the participating members representing a certain character within this clan. A warlord, six/ seven chieftains, a seer (perhaps two) with its lackeys and we can continue for quite some time. If we eventually focus ourselves on a single battlesite (for example: the lighthouse, as the warlord wants to sell it to clan Skryre), this will give the participants the possibility to create completely new characters for themselves and write in-depth point of views from their character on the fight itself.

How do the participants themselves see this being done?

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Thrask Vilepaw
Member Avatar
The Grim Squeaker

I gotta say i reckon the behind one clan gives a better and more united approach, it will still allow for infighting (if you wish) but would give us a single main goal to strive towards and overall increase the quality of fluff i feel.
Official master of parades by Rattsu
BEWARE THE GRIM SQUEAKERPosted ImagePosted Image
Vinshqueek

Thrask, for being such a nice squiggly thing!
Giantrat

Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.

8th member of the day
24 hour painting challenge : 30 clanrats in 10.5 hours SUCCESS

Worsneek the warped swarmer
Master rat of annoyance
Couldnt agree more, just for fluff.. it could be a clan which is rising in power all of a sudden? :P.. some kind of unknown clan that has just been waiting for their time to come?
Rød grød med fløde

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

*nods*... Indeed so.

What Vilepaw mentioned is also one of the parts I (particular in fluff terms) wish to groom. Everyone within a clan is jealous of their counterparts and hope to outdo one another. If we pick six/ seven chieftains, we'd have that amount of characters within the clan that are (i) eager to claim victory in the honour of their clan and the Horned One, (ii) seek ways to ensure their fellow chieftains won't be able to claim victory and (iii) usurp the position of the warlord.

Our community is especially famed for its fluff within a campaign (think about the SoC) and IMHO, we ought to keep it that way. If we manage to show ourselves like a single (indeed, upcoming) clan that also suffers from infighting (like any other clan), we could push each others to write better and better fluff, while we work together towards a single goal that one clan achieves, in order to get noticed by the Co13 back in Skavenblight.

LOL, the Book of the Rat has enough RPG basic characters to give a role to anyone that is willing to participate here. From warlord/ chieftain to scribe (fluff writer?), Eshin agent (spy?), to many more. This in itself ensures everyone simply starts with a blank position and will be able to create a character that partly represents their own personality and on the other hand is based upon the actions he/she has done through the campaign. I mean, even though we all love to be the ever vigilant warlord, who wouldn't wish to get the chance to (through fluff) improve their position within the ranks of a clan?

And yes, if the majority wishes to go this way, I'm surely going to find some sort of system, in order to have these changes in power to take place as well. I mean, come on... If you guys are to battle one another in terms of fluff, there eventually has to be some sort of result, right? ;)

Greetz

Mutate:
LOL, just noticed db entered as well. Hey man, interested to put a little grudge into the working here? ;)

Greetz (again)

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30

daemonic badger
Member Avatar
Veteran/OAP
Im good for that and so we can chose different parts in the clan and nominate/choose characters in those clans depedning on how many sign up

Thrask Vilepaw
Member Avatar
The Grim Squeaker

Hmm never thought of it as a soldiers prospective, i think this is the rank i shall start at, then fingers crossed i will rise my way up to clawleader and then possibly even Sv ^_^
Official master of parades by Rattsu
BEWARE THE GRIM SQUEAKERPosted ImagePosted Image
Vinshqueek

Thrask, for being such a nice squiggly thing!
Giantrat

Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.

8th member of the day
24 hour painting challenge : 30 clanrats in 10.5 hours SUCCESS

Morkskittar
Member Avatar
The Tunnel's Resident Rodent Ecologist

I like the one-clan approach.... this should be very cool. ^_^

Pillz
The Eldritch Wastes: A Post-Lovecraftian Online Serial Novel (Author Website)
Pub Fight Deaths: 334. Pillz and Pyllz are © by Morkskittar.
Posted Image
Complete Works of Morkskittar / You Have Just Lost the Game 'zodi

Stinkhair
Member Avatar
Dabbling GM. Clanrat loon. 6th Edition Aficionado. Bitter.

One clan! We stand [relatively] united! I have a name... It's time to see the horrors of war from a clanrat's point of view...
Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

@daemonic badger:
To respond on your query/ point (yes, I'm not really that much awake at the moment), let's take Bassik for example. We know he's awfully fond of his ogre and as such, his role within the clan could be that of the master moulder, goading the creatures that were hired from Hell Pit into battle. If he'd start afresh with a character, this means he'll (i) have someone that will see a lot of fighting, thus gain the chance to become a little more infamous and (ii) has a role within 'the clan' that suits him best.

As I'm currently (while my intent was not to) coordinate this stuff and try to set this whole thing in motion, my idea is to step back once the campaign started and place myself in the role of advising seer. Knowing all that goes on and reporting directly towards the Council in Skavenblight. *grins*... No warlord position for me mister!

Someone that is talking a lot with people from other sites/ factions and gains a lot of information this way, could just as well become an Eshin spy, start dress him-/ herself in black and generally try to scare the hell out of everyone by popping out of the shadows every now and then.

A part of this campaign ensures the need for 'Chroniclers' that gather all the fluff and transform it into a piece for the fluff updates. Those could take on the role of skaven scribes, gaining all the information from the reports of the front and translating this towards a piece that reflects the effort of the clan... Which is mainly why I'd like our forces to focus on one site, as the eventual goal for domination isn't directly its need. I mean, the organisers said fluff was important, so we're going to set a goal that suits our fluffy needs!

Greetz

Bassik Dwarveripper
Unregistered

Sounds good Vins.
Quote Post Goto Top

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Okay... So up to this point, everyone is into UE.net representing its activity within the campaign as a clan. Splendid, splendid. That leaves us with two questions though:

1.) The name of the clan;
2.) The position everyone will have within the clan.

There will be needed at least one warlord and a bunch of chieftains, in order to have some sort of 'leadership'. Or is everyone into creating their own (lower ranked) characters and have some sort of NPC warlord running the clan?

Greetz

Worsneek the warped swarmer
Master rat of annoyance
Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Jun 19 2006, 03:55 AM

2.) The position everyone will have within the clan.

There will be needed at least one warlord and a bunch of chieftains, in order to have some sort of 'leadership'. Or is everyone into creating their own (lower ranked) characters and have some sort of NPC warlord running the clan?

hmm.. i think being warlords and such would be an inferior idea to this one ;)

What about each person being specially qualified at his subject?.. being responsible for their own part of the clans "work". like you so beautifully suggested bas as a mastermoulder?..
Rød grød med fløde

s'nkeep
Member Avatar
Ajax = warpstone juice

one clan to rule them all *GRIN*

now if we can only decide on a name and the general background. should there be limited roles and unlimited roles... we wouldnt want too many greyseers for example
Posted Image

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Alright, toying around with a dice generator and the Rat of the Book gave me the following six names (though I can continue for hours): Vermilik, Gazrin, Vittsisk, Ikit, Gaztabak and Skeeneth. Are we going to pick the name of the clan this way, or does someone has a name that in his/her opinion will be the completely new thing.

Considering positions: I was thinking about one warlord, up to three chieftains, one seer (taken), a few scribes and filling the rest up with generic ranks within the clan.

Greetz

Matt
Member Avatar
News Elf of the Twilight Host
Okay this is a basic outline of an idea i had - basic mind you.

Okay...
Since the Storm Of Skaven, Project Supremacy has lain dorment within the catacombs of the Ulricsberg. Slowly it ticks away to what must be either an apocolypse or the greatest disaster in skaven time. However <Insert Name here> of Clan <insert name here> has discovered a way of aggrivating the warpstone shards inside the Doom Hemisphere and thus has potentially discovered a way to cause a huge explosion - like the one planned by Shiva and Verminous Fang.
However the explosion of Project Supremacy would only be the catalyst for perhaps the greatest coup in Skaven history... Clan <insert name here> has their eyes on replacing the Council Of Thirteen and nothing will stand in their way.
First though they must retrieve a potent something from the battlefields/woods of the mappy place.

What do you think?

Mattness
Wise Words of the Rebellion:
"When you run the gauntlet of the Rebellion of Flames, you must expect the unexpected" Warlord Morrik Ashenfur.
"Why is it, that as a culture we are more inclined to death than songs?" Warlord Brackenfurr.
Rage

I don't know, but I have the impression of chatting with a cat when I talk to you!

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Warhammer Intersite Fantasy Campaign · Next Topic »
Add Reply