Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Clan Rikket; Bodacious' Army Diary - Expanded!
Topic Started: 22nd April 2006 - 02:11 PM (4,015 Views)
Bodacious
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Welcome to Bodacious's Army Diary! ^_^

Expansion!
Due to the upcomming UEGT in Nottingham, I've been wanting to expand my force to 3000 4000 points in an attempt to keep up with Scarfester :P . Also, I kinda disliked my old base color as it made my army seem a little too bright. What follows are pics of my most recent work on the force. New units will include: Warlord, Master Moulder, Assassin, Plague Cencer Bearers, More Globadiers, More Slaves, Jezzails, Rat Ogres, Giant Rats, Night Runners, Gutter Runners.

Posted Image

Units still to come: Master Moulder, 1 Rat Ogre, 25 Clanrats, 20 Slaves.

Introduction!
This is my first Army Diary and it will be the document of my skaven force: Clan Rikket! I started playing warhammer 4 years ago and skaven were my first army. The first units I painted were kinda rushed and, being the inexperienced painter that I was, were pretty ugly to look at.

Luckily, thanks to some brief escapades with my eshin army and some empire models I was doing on the side, my painting skills took a huge leap and my new work soon overshadowed the models in my old skaven army. Being the skaven nut that I am, this could not go on for long and I vowed to re-paint my army completely, build a solid (but fun) list and get it all done in time for the UEGT. In the end, I succeeded in all those things (allthough I didn't manage to paint the entire army for the UEGT <_< ) and am now proud to present to you the complete army I've been working on for so long. Enjoy ^_^ !

The Army Concept!
Thanks to my surfing on the UE and my experiences in campaigns. The idea behind Clan Rikket came when I decided that it would be based around my Grey Seer and all of it's clanrats would be equiped with spears (quite an unusual choice). All in all, I wanted to make a really straightforward 'Lesser Warlord Clan' so that I would have a good excuse to throw in my love for each of the greater clans and use them as support troops. Also, because I never want to be totally stereotype (and I had accidentally equiped all my clanrats with spears when I first started), I decided that by focusing on that piece of weaponry, my clan would be able to find it's own little niche in skaven society! The idea of "Clan Rikket: The Spearmakers" was born shortly after and gave me some other good ideas for the army (like equipping the slaves with broken spear-shafts).

I've included some links to fluff about my clan (and it's characters) below:
http://underempire.net/index.php?showtopic=14190&hl=
http://underempire.net/index.php?showtopic=15546&hl=
http://underempire.net/index.php?showtopic=16046
http://underempire.net/index.php?showtopic...dpost&p=2496815
[size0]Mentions of Kreukel or Clan Rikket can also be found in some of the final turn updates of the first Civil War Campaign.

The List!
Characters:
Grey Seer (twisted crown of the horned rat, eye of the horned rat, dispel scroll) 335pts

Warlock Engineer (warp-blades, upgraded warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp-ppower accumulator, storm deamon) 110pts

Plague Priest (flail) 72pts

Chieftain (army battle standard, warbanner) 95pts

Core Units
30 Clanrats (full command, spears) 205pts

29 Stormvermin (full command, shields, ratling gun) 346pts

2 Poisoned Wind Globadiers 20pts

2 Poisoned Wind Globadiers 20pts

20 Clanrat Slaves (musician) 44pts

Special Units
24 Plague Monks (full command, second hand weapon, banner of burning hatred) 242pts

Rare Units
Warp-Lightning Cannon 100pts

Total: 1999pts

The Pics!
Characters:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Core Units

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Specials and Rares:
Posted Image Posted Image

Entire Army:
Posted Image

Thanks UE, for making this possible ^_^ .

Cheers,
Bodacious.
My Blog - My Army Diary - Twitter: @DaanofWar - Steam: DaanofWar
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Plessiez
Only UnderEmpire member to never play a game of 6th Edition
It's looking good. I can't see a lot wrong with your 'old' stuff that you're not happy with. It looks like a pretty good army from those shots though none of them are really close-up.

The new Eshin stuff you've done looks great, especially the gutter runners. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

Bodacious
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Plessiez
Apr 23 2006, 10:21 AM
It's looking good. I can't see a lot wrong with your 'old' stuff that you're not happy with. It looks like a pretty good army from those shots though none of them are really close-up.

It's hard to see on the pictures, but the paint job on the individual models for my main force doesn't hold up against my recent work on the eshin army. When you take a clanrat model and a night runner and photograph them the way I did with the grey seer or the triad you'd notice the difference easily. And I must add that, since those older pics were taken, I've played a lot of games and the paint hasn't really improved.

Glad you like the eshin army though! I'll try to take some lighter pictures sometime, cause these were kinda dark and my black/purple colour scheme didn't really come out as colourfull as I had hoped.
Posted Image

Bodacious
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
This month I've vowed to re-paint some of my old clanrats...

Posted ImagePosted Image

I've already finished the first three and I've used new color scheme!!
Feel free to tell me what you think of the regal blue/bleached bone shield action.

I've also updated all the pictures in the first post btw. They may be a little bright sometimes cause I only have a small window in my room an the lighting was not exactly perfect, but I think managed to get some good shots anyway.

Feel free to let me know what you think of the new pictures and you can also ask me if you've got any quetsions or suggestion whatsoever.
That's what the whole Diary thing is for after all.

Cheers,
Bodacious.
Posted Image

Bodacious
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Another update on the advance of the horde:

I've spent some time on painting the new clanrats and it's all working out nicely. I might even succeed on this months vow *gasp* :o .

I've also put in a thread in the armylist forum, because I need some help with my 2000pts list. I've been losing a lot lately and I think it was mainly because of the terribleness of my list. So if everyone would like to check out this thread, it would be very helpfull.

I mainly want to build the list for use at the UEGT next summer, so once I know the complete list I can begin painting it so it (and not to mention myself ;) ) can look cool and impressive when I get to meet you guys in RL.

I'll post some pics once I finish my vow assignment *fingers crossed* .
Posted Image

Bodacious
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Ok, update time!

Because of the painting vows (see painting/moddelling forum) I've completed the twelve clanrats I said I'd do and a few other bits for some of my characters, so... Voila!

Posted Image

I've also updated the first post with some of the extra pics.
Posted Image

Bodacious
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Quick Update:

Just got a Skaven Battalion and have vowed to finish the regiment from the above pic and assemble/basecoat the clanrat models from the box.

Expect pics and comments shortly :ph43r: ...
Posted Image

Thrask Vilepaw
Member Avatar
The Grim Squeaker

I get drawn into the trap of buying more minis before the old ones are finished as well, currently i am forcing myself to finish my last regiment of clanrats (30 of the buggers) before anything else skaveny appears.
Official master of parades by Rattsu
BEWARE THE GRIM SQUEAKERPosted ImagePosted Image
Vinshqueek

Thrask, for being such a nice squiggly thing!
Giantrat

Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.

8th member of the day
24 hour painting challenge : 30 clanrats in 10.5 hours SUCCESS

Bodacious
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Thrask Vilepaw
Aug 4 2006, 09:55 AM
I get drawn into the trap of buying more minis before the old ones are finished as well, currently i am forcing myself to finish my last regiment of clanrats (30 of the buggers) before anything else skaveny appears.

Tempting isn't it :D ?

I am going to finish it all though. The Skaven battalion was the last I needed to get enough clanrats for me to finish my 2000pts army so I probably won't buy skaven anymore from now on. If I do feel the urge to spend cash I'll probably think of my empire army first now ;) .
Posted Image

Bodacious
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
So, having bought the Skaven Battalion set and seeing the cool plague monk models I now had at my disposal, I decided: "What the heck, I'm going to field this unit in my army."

And Thus Came To Be: The List !

It's my latest take on 2k Skaven and I like it so much I intend to use the next year to paint all of the models to a good qualitly standard and field this baby at the UEGT. Please give me any comments or improvements you have. I'll probably need them ;) .

Expect the next update to contain some pics of my "by then hopefully" finished clanrat regiment :lol: .

Cheers,
Bodacious.
Posted Image

Warwolt the disturbed assassin
D00M WH33L 1337 R1D3R
Alot of your models looks fantastic, especially the Eshin ones. Like the way you made the assassin fly :D
Baanaaanaaaanaaaanaaanaaanaaaa
For the Monkey Boy, Boys!

lashific the Dominator
Member Avatar
kicking snow since IC 134
i like your seer and warlord nice painting!!! maybe you should try highlighting them a bit {more}. they are a bit too dark so its hard to see the details!
"Suffer not the witch to live"
Ordo Hereticus army diary

Bodacious
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Hey Everyone!

Since I promised that this next post will contain pics of my finished regiment:

Posted Image

It's finally done :lol: !

There are some extra links to other pics in the main post if you're looking for different angles and better lighting.

Thanks to the painting vows this was not the only thing I achieved and have managed to assemble and basecoat 2 other regiments (clanrat and slave) too:

Posted Image

And last but not least:

@Warwolt: Thanks :D ! Though I must admit I stole the assassin idea from the black gobbo conversion they had during the SoC :ph43r: .

@Lashific: Maybe you're the first to notice or maybe not, but I don't really highlight my models. This is mainly because I really suck at it and I'm happy enough with my models as they are and am afraid that my suckiness with the highlighting will only mess them up. Maybe I should also try taking some better pics next time <_< . Anyway, glad you like the seer and the warlord ^_^ .
Posted Image

Bodacious
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
CRAPPIT!

Apparently my parents accidentally deleted the pics I stored on our server :( .

I'm really sorry if anyone has wanted to view this diary and has been unable due to this stupid mistake.

I'm going to open a photobucket account ASAP and re-upload all of the old pics.

this will also mean some of the pics I posted in past painting vow updates and such will be lost. I'll try to repair some of them (especially in this thread), but it probably can't be circumvented now that some of my older posts will contain untraceable pics.

Cheers,
Bodacious.

PS: I'm totally going to fail my painting vows as I've only found the motivation to paint 3.5 rats so far. I'll be lucky if I even finish the front rank of the unit :( . Expect an update before the end of the month on my progress.

Everything's fixed now! Enjoy the old pics!
Posted Image

Bodacious
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Wow man. :o

Haven't updated this thing for ages... :unsure:

Thanks to the painting vows and the december painting challenge, I've finished the second clanrat regiment!
Posted Image

Sad to say though, my painting rate is very slow and if I want to have my army complete within six months (in time for the UEGT) I've really got to step it up.

I've also realised this isn't really an army diary as much as a showcase of all my models so I'm changing the first page to reflect my singular focus on Clan Rikket. I'll also try and get a mod to change the name of the topic ;) .

Probably leave my eshin force in there still because it's technically a part of my army. I use the nightrunners in the list I'm aiming for so Clan Darktail will remain.

But 'nuff squeeking, back to painting (and studying :unsure: ).
Wish me luck! ^_^

Cheers,
Bodacious.
Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Army Diaries · Next Topic »
Add Reply