Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Underempire Supersonics - Middenheim Marauders; Bloodbowl: Match 1 - 1st half, turn 8/8
Topic Started: 2nd December 2005 - 10:56 AM (4,166 Views)
Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Welcome to the Underempire Supersonics versus the Middenheim Marauders...

In your first match of the league you participate in, you'll be facing off against a human team. I've chosen this team for the relative ease, since you don't want to be facing off a line of four black orc blockers immediately (trust me, bad trauma here!). The only thing I wish to remind you before going on with the administrative stuff below, is that the one thing you need to keep in mind, is that between updates you can only make ONE player action. Apart from that, you're free to shout, scream, discuss, etc. I'll ensure for the dice rolls necessary to keep you guys going, and off course for the funny comments from the hosts. *grins*

Basic Rules of Engagement
So, before we go to the technical part of the bloodbowl rules (very summarized), first a few ground rules:
1.) No god-like behaviour. You're all fresh rookies to the league and as such, you don't have Jedi powers *looks angry at Thraskittar*... or any other odd skills. Pretty obvious, though I do wish to remind you of it.

2.) Although I allow up to 16 players on the RPG, there will be at most 11 active on the field. I'll try to counter this with player exchanges, depending on who goes down/ OoA, or how they perform. So when you're warming up the bench in the beginning, don't worry. You'll participate on the field!

3.) When declaring your action taken, I shall move you to the most optimal position to perform that action. Bloodbowl is played on a board and to mark each and every square (which are almost four hundred!) would become a little overkill. So just state the action and the direction you wish to move to and I'll take care of the rest.

4.) It will (eventually) happen that some might not be online for a longer period, which is when the option will be given to have an autopilot option engaged. In basic English, this means your options will be:
- a: go to reserves (a quick exchange of players)
- b: offensive (charge forward and block everything in sight)
- c: defensive (hang back and try to knock down everyone who breaks through)

5.) Although you're all free to comment as much as you will between updates (like taunting your opponent, making comments towards your fellow players, or discussing tactics in OOC), you're only allowed to make ONE player action per turn. No more.

6.) During turn updates, a map with player moves will be shown (still working on that one, don't worry).

Player Actions
If your player is standing (so not prone, or stunned a.k.a. lying down), you may:
- Move: walk a number of squares equal to your movement allowance (M).
- Block: throw a punch at an opponent in an adjacent square to yours. If you've pushed back your opponent, you may choose to follow him up. (Mention this when blocking).
- Blitz *: move a number of squares equal to your movement allowance (M) and then throw a block against an opponent, which costs you one movement from your movement allowance (M). If you've pushed back your opponent, you may choose to follow him up. (Mention this when blitzing).
- Pass *: move a number of squares, after which you can throw the football (if it's in your possession) to a player on your team.
- Picking up the ball: move a number of squares (within your movement allowance) and end up on the square where the ball lies, after which you can attempt to pick up the ball.
- Go for it: when taken an action (any, apart from blocking) you may try to Go For It, and move an additional two squares more then as mentioned in your Movement Allowance (M). Do mind that you can trip, when doing this.
- Assist a block: if you're in an adjacent square from a player of your own team, you may assist him in his block (which gives you a bonus).
- Intercept a Pass from your opponent: when the opponent passes the ball and you stand under the line the ball goes, just scream "INTERCEPTION" and jump up and down.
- Fouling *: when someone has went down from a block, you may foul (kick him while he/she is down). Might get him off the field, though it might get you sent off as well.

*: these actions can occur only once per update by the GM. (Otherwise we'd have several players throwing the ball towards one another and the game would become a little boring).

Character Sheets
Rat Ogre
Bassik (Bassik Dwarveripper)
M6, St5, Ag2, AV8 - Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Prehensile Tail, Big Guy, Wild Animal
Inj. x/ Com. 0/ TD 0/ Int. 0/ Cas. 1/ MVP 0 ~ SPP = 2 (0)

Stormvermin
Barada Nikto (Decker_cky)
M7, St3, Ag3, AV8 - Block
Inj. x/ Com. 0/ TD 0/ Int. 0/ Cas. 0/ MVP 0 ~ SPP = 0 (0)

Skarran Redmaw (Warlord Wynnar)
M7, St3, Ag3, AV8 - Block

Gutter Runners
Skaret Longtail (scrivener)
M9, St2, Ag4, AV7 - Dodge
Inj. x/ Com. 0/ TD 1/ Int. 0/ Cas. 0/ MVP 0 ~ SPP = 3 (0)

Vorg (General Vorg)

Killa II (daemonic badger)

Shadowstalker (Underlord Burrows)

Throwers
Farskreet Long-lob (Saint Anger)
M7, St3, Ag3, AV7 - Sure Hands, Pass
Inj. x/ Com. 1/ TD 0/ Int. 0/ Cas. 0/ MVP 0 ~ SPP = 1 (0)

Vossnaardiskikk (Morkskittar)
M7, St3, Ag3, AV7 - Sure Hands, Pass

Linerats
Rax Spineback (Thraskittar)
M7, St3, Ag3, AV7 - No skill.

'Cheesehead' McGee (Llamarama)

Kill-Kill (Kill-Kill)

Frankensqueek (Frankensqueek)

Kreep Bristleback (Warlord Gnashik)

Furtive Quickpaw (SneakyRodent)
Inj. x/ Com. 1/ TD 0/ Int. 0/ Cas. 0/ MVP 0 ~ SPP = 1 (0)

Note: If any wish to give names to their players, just bug me about it and I'll edit this post.

Next to you (the teams bloodbowl players), we also have several non-players in our service. These would be the team apothecary (one very odd monk), two cheerleaders of the team, two assistent coaches to the head honcho himself: head-coach Vinshqueek. I'll basically be the entire non-player side of the team, though it's always possible to interact with them.

~~~~~~~~~

You'll be facing a team of equal size, so that will be one ogre, two blitzers, two catchers, four throwers and the odd bunch of lineman...

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

"Good day breeders and gentle-skaven, welcome to the Zundap Memorial Dome and welcome to yet another day of bloodbowl madness. My name is Wattso the Fat and I'll be your guide through the mayhem that will be occuring today, together with my co-host Leach."

"Thank you Wattso and from my side a warm welcome to our viewers as well... It's indeed right that we'll see a good deal of mayhem today. The league has just kicked off and today we'll have the match between the Underempire Supersonics and the Middenheim Marauders. Both teams look rather similar in set-up with one ogre-creature in their ranks and a great deal of catchers. One would wonder what this would bring for the viewers today, though perhaps our reporter in the field may answer that question."

"Hi there Leach, this is Raskit right here on the pitch... As you can see Zundap Cabalvision brings the viewers so close to the action, that they'll soon be able to hear the crunching of teeth and bones. Although the winter is rolling in at this moment, the sun is shining and We have some 8,000 cheering fans in the stands. We can expect both rookie teams to bring an entertaing match today, not willing to dissapoint their fans. Right now, the referee is doing the toss and turns towards the Middenheim Marauders team captain... Yes... Yes... Yes, it seems the Middenheim Marauders are kicking off! The teams go back towards their dug-out for final preparations. within some minutes, they'll be setting up for the kick-off and we can start yet another bloodbowl match!"

Posted Image

OOC: Guys, above you see the pitch on which you will be playing. I still need to fix the icons (Gah, hate paint!) so expect the updates to be some odd scribbling from my side on the pitch itself. I'll give you lots the time to introduce your own character in whatever way you like, next to deciding who will start on the bench and whom not.

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30

SneakyRodent
Member Avatar
Claws of the Horned One founder member

Furtive Quickpaw took a deep breath to try and slow the rapid beating of his heart. From his postion in the dugout he had his first glimpse of the 8000 screaming fans. The noise! The scents! This rookie Skaven had seen nothing remotely like it.

Running a dry tongue over his fangs, Quickpaw espied the Brood Wench cheerleaders. He hurriedly tried to make eye contact with both of them whilst keeping an ear open for the pre-match team talk..........
Grey Seer Skritchit
Lord of the Ulricsberg
Clan Virulus
Holder of 'Best Post' Award 2007 here
Took part in the glorious Lords of Decay Revolution of April 1st 2012

The complete works of SneakyRodent can be found here

.:WarWolt The Mad Engineer:.

Sneaky is Sneaky, why is the sky blue?
[/size]
Quote:

We've got a psychic creeper, a tactical master, and a liar who talked himself out of an execution.

(Scrivener on the Scum And Villainy2 characters of me, DamnedPrince and himself)

Warlord Wynnar
Member Avatar
Lord Of Ulricsberg
Skarran Redmaw adjusted his armour and made sure that his black fur was properly groomed to impress the audience, and the breeder-cheerleaders of course. The stormvermin then looked at his teammates. "Eeeexcellent. Man-things. Good-good. Nice and soft... and taste good-good too. Yeeees, like-like. I kill-kill them dead-dead."
Clan Skarratch

Posted Image

Banner in progress...

Bassik Dwarveripper
Unregistered

"Groooaaaar!" Said Bassik, as he smelled oncomming violence ^_^
Quote Post Goto Top

Frankensqueek
Doomwheel Driver
Frankensqueek ran over to the Marauder's bench and pissed on the assembled bearded men. Giggling, he ran back to his own dugout to the loud cheers of the Supersonic's fans.

"Frankensqueek ready and waiting" he said to the Supersonic's Coach.
Posted Image

Rusty

As for nominations: Frankie, of course, because I love to vote for him and watch him fail :unsure:

My Army

Bassik Dwarveripper
Unregistered

*without anyone noticing, Bassik snatched a fan from the Middenheimers and ate him.*
Quote Post Goto Top

scrivener
Member Avatar
*toot*

Skaret Longtail carefully analyzed the middenheim manthings in their dugout, albeit with some distaste. He was peckish for a good manthing stew, though their opponents for tonight looked particularly sinewy and unappetizing. He'll have to settle for one of the fans, like Bassik just did.
hannanibal

*Angry mob assembles*

"WHAT DO WE WANT!!??"
"A THINNISH, WATERY PAINT WITH A GREENER TINGE THAN AGRAX EARTHSHADE!!"
"WHEN DO WE WANT IT!?"
"QUITE SOON PLEASE AS MY LAST POT IS RUNNING OUT!"

daemonic badger
Member Avatar
Veteran/OAP
Killa II snickered from his place in the dugouts. The noise and the scents and the sights were wonderful yes, but he'd seen them all, smelt them all, heard them all a thousand times.

What mattered now was the game. He swirled his cloak about him and kept his eyes locked on the ball. lets play...

Frankensqueek
Doomwheel Driver
Well coach, who's in the starting line up?
Posted Image

Rusty

As for nominations: Frankie, of course, because I love to vote for him and watch him fail :unsure:

My Army

Saint Anger
Member Avatar
Holiest Of Angered Furriness
Farskreet Long-lob was boucing a small ball back and forth against the dug-out wall, he was hyped up and ready to go, yet still a little nervous. He sighted carefully on the man-thing cheerbreaders and threw the ball, smiling in a disturbing manner as it hit one of the females on the nose.
singthescreams

anger continues ranting about the desecration of his tomb, his fancy sword, and the cost of crude oil

Thraskittar
Member Avatar
Shatterskar
Rax spineback gulped down a cup of skavenade and crunched it with his fist as he looked at the other team ''Man-things'' he spat. He looked at Bassik and grinned, he was happy to have on his team, the rat ogre would serve well. He then scurried over to the coach ''Wat's up boss'' he said quickly.

Ooc : can I be team captain?
W/L/D - Army
13/10/5 - Skaven
0/0/0 - Tzeentch DL
Posted Image
Bodacious

duh

Bassik Dwarveripper
Unregistered

*drools*
(removes all Blood Vixen related sigs, especially Thraskittars one)

*can't wait for the game, so starts killinh his handlers*
Quote Post Goto Top

Frankensqueek
Doomwheel Driver
ooc: Who's the coach btw? If there is one that is.

James
Posted Image

Rusty

My Army

Morkskittar
Member Avatar
The Tunnel's Resident Rodent Ecologist

OOC: I used the Skaven name generator in the Book of the rat for this one... long name.

IC: Vossnaardiskikk stared out at the pitch with eyes that revealed no emotion. His hands clenched and unclenched, and his fingers made strange shapes as he excercised his muscles. He hated the pre-game cinematics... It was so pointless, and all that he was here for was the game. He loved the thrill and excitement, and doing anything else felt wrong. Vossnaardiskikk glanced over at the coach, impatient. When would they start?

Pillz
The Eldritch Wastes: A Post-Lovecraftian Online Serial Novel (Author Website)
Pub Fight Deaths: 334. Pillz and Pyllz are by Morkskittar.
Posted Image
Complete Works of Morkskittar / You Have Just Lost the Game 'zodi

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplaying · Next Topic »
Add Reply