Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Halls of Glory and Shame
Topic Started: 25th May 2005 - 07:36 AM (25,134 Views)
Heretic
Unregistered

So, what model/unit has performed the best or worst? Got a great story? I have two, one great, one bad...

Good One: Model in question: Screaming Bell.
Playing against a Lizardman army, first turn I move up, he stays still. Second turn I move up more and ring the bell, rolling a 13! keep in mind this is against Lizards with their pesky LD rule: every unit but 1 unit of skinks fails their LD test, and run off the table! 2nd turn win!

Bad One: Model in question: Warp Lightning Cannon.
Playing against Empire. around the middle of the game, I decide to shoot a unit of handgunners that is cowardly lurking just out of charge range of a unit of clanrats. I have to shoot through the clanrats to hit the handgunners, but thats no big deal... range is enough to hit a single hand gunner and I roll a 2 for strength, just tickling him. The clanrats I shoot through were not too amused, and I took 25% casaulties to that shot, causing a panic test which they failed, them breaking and running causes mass panic tests in nearby units, which happens to include the WLC... they all fail, and I manage to collapse my own flank...

Anyone got better? (skaven)

-Heretic
Quote Post Goto Top

General Vorg
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Squeeks and the Temple

ok, my warloc engineer rolled a 1, then next turn rolled another 1...

he didnt do ANYTHING

and he died :P

your sotry is much more painful though

squeeks
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ratphink
Member Avatar
The Unlovable Lurker

I don't have an uber one yet, but the very first time I used my Ratling Gun it went boom. Double Fives on the first turn of the game. The comic value of watching my Clanrats showered with bits of Brass and metal and limbs and gore... oh man I laughed so hard that day.
Bod... err... I mean UB!

Phink, Phank, Phonk, etc.- Ratphinks various split personalities

Award for the Worst joke ever goes to... THRASKITAR for the following:
"Thraskitar

Now, now, everybody, let's not lose our heads over this... wink.gif *wink-wink*

Thrask Vilepaw
Member Avatar
The Grim Squeaker

Just got an Uber character today, and a terribel one as well

Uber : Assassin with warpstone stars, scenario was folly of prince rodrik, i was the normal army, the assassin took out 3 of the 7 heores i was against :P

Total uselessness: My engineer in the same game, ot eaten by a plant before he could do anything. <_<
Official master of parades by Rattsu
BEWARE THE GRIM SQUEAKERPosted ImagePosted Image
Vinshqueek

Thrask, for being such a nice squiggly thing!
Giantrat

Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.

8th member of the day
24 hour painting challenge : 30 clanrats in 10.5 hours SUCCESS

SingTheScreams
Member Avatar
Call me Sings

mind you that this is with wood elves

great showing: dryads. they beat a fully ranked unit of spearmen in combat using nothing but kills for CR.... 9 kills in one round!!

poor showing: treeman. true he got owned by the Flaming Sword after my mage got pincushioned by his scouting archer types, but he lost his last wound to.... a horse.
A t6 terror-causing monster with a 3+ armor save ans w5 was felled by a horse!!
Posted Image
arqueek

no need to worry for soul, instead starts worshipping STS and slaughtering unbelievers in his holy name.

skavenguy13
Member Avatar
DOOMWHEEL
worst: my engineer shots with the gun on turn 1: 1-1-1 phew :lol:
turn 2: 1-1-2 :angry:
turn 3: 1-1-3 :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

best: cannon shoots at black coach. MISFIRES. I get a 6. I roll in the exact direction of the coach. Coach demolished :P

other good: My engineer does 2D6 hits S5 on 8 saurus cavalry. I get 7 kills. He uses the warpscroll on 25 skinks, they run off the table. In turn 1 !!!
On the second turn, he zaps about 8 saurus out of 16.
turn 3: zaps half of the small temple guard unit.
turn 4: finishes the other skink unit nearby.
turn 5: zaps the lord to death (which went out of his unit)
turn 6: did nothing as there was nothing left, I won in turn 5 because of him, I lost a slave unit and a couple clanrats in the entire game:D
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Screenshot or it didn't happen!

Bassik Dwarveripper
Unregistered

Best: 4 ratogres( :D ) won the combat against 16 chaos warriors due to combat res. They ovverran into chosen knights, and killed them as well. They reached his deamon prince, and after the tragic loss of one ratogre, they whiped him out as well. But it wasn't over! the three remaining ratogres( :D ) at long last reached the enemy Hellcannon, and almost destroyed it. two dwarfs where killed by the 4th ratogreless packmaster. The remaining dwarf ran, but the cannon failed his instability, and so, my ratogres realy kicked but!

Worst performance ever: 36 stormvermin lost against 20 nightgoblins... and the stormvermin charged! :o
Quote Post Goto Top

skaven brew
Unregistered

Ah yes, the dreaded hell cannon, i rue the day i chalenged sammy, it was 2300 pt, i was dwarf he was chaos. EVERY SINGLE THING I HAD (remember, there are dwarfs) ran from that things large templet, on the 2nd turn everything but me hammerer body guard and a bolter crew was runing. my thunderers got lucky and ran off the table, the rest met a tragic end. chaos knights came in, i charged them with my hammerers (they had a rune making them imune to psycology) which included my kick ass lord, i won combat, while this was going on my dwarfs were runing, 20 ironbreakers regrouped while the rest ran off the edge. on his turn he flanked my hammerers with his fear (maby terror) causing giant dragon lizard things.. Never the less the hellcannon shot, once more causing the iron breakers (very well painted might i add) run. his unit of knights was about 20 strong, and i only killed 5 before the stuborn dwarfs were trampled down by the chaos knights. an ever advancing unit of chaos warriors slaughtered the iron breakers, while the knights ran after my last remaining artilery piece with crew, a bolt thrower. it too was killed.

i learned something in that battle: i needed more rune banners and bsb's

i cant wait to play him this friday in a small, 1300 point, game as skaven. 3 ratling guns is an evil thing.

red is MY colour.
Quote Post Goto Top

Sammy the Squid
Member Avatar
Back to retirement!

My Warlock Engineer: cast warplightning - Miscast. Uses Storm Daemon, rolls a 1, so takes a wound. Roll a 1 to determine if it ends, THEN I try to reroll that using Warpstone charm and roll another 1. This was all in 1 turn. 50pts of wargear gone with oinly a wound to my character (who later killed himself)

another embarasing time was when I treid to charge a Vamp lord and retinue with 2 30 strong units of clanrats and general with stormvermin. All bar the general and stormvermin failed their fear tet, so my heroc charge turned into a massacre with no flanking units...
"If the squidman can't do it, no one can!!"

Wins/Losses/Draws

Skaven Clan Rattenkrieg - 108/58/20
Dark Elves - 44/14/8
Hochland Empire - 33/14/4
Malkavian Vampires - 23/22/4
Beastmen - 50/24/2

Have not completed a Painting Vow since July 07!!

Lastik
Unregistered

Best: I slaughter a unit of bretonian knights on the first round with a single shot from my Dark Elve reaper bolt thrower, making them panic and run out of the table.

worst: Here I go with my Scar-Vet with a great weapon and the charm of the jaguar warrior, hunting for a lonesome tasty empire cannon crew. I charge and promptly get slautghered by the crew....mainly the guy with the cannon ball on his hands.... after managing to dodge one shot of the blasted thing...

It was funny in a way..both me and my oponent stared silently at the rolled dice and promptly started laughing. ^_^
Quote Post Goto Top

Cain666

I was playing in a team battle with my DE and my friend's Lizzies vs. VC and Chaos. THe chaos player in an attempt to get control back in the middle, turned his Khornate Minataurs to flank charge a saurus unit. I shot a big shot with my Reaper into the flank of the 4 man minataur unit. I hit and wounded, getting 3 wounds with on every model, thus wiping out the entire squad. Needless to say everyone was in shock as I had bascially won the game (things just totally fell apart for them after that).

Kill-Kill
Member Avatar
[insert cool member title here]
Best: Shiva has a WFT near his generals unit of clannies. It misfires on the first shot, runs into the unit, kills his general (and 5-7 clannies) and then that unit flees off the table. This causes 2 other units to flee off the table, so that one was one of my few wins....lol
<font color="darkred">Your words are just bloody fallacy,
A house of cards, painted white.
Tried to recreate Normandy,
But you made up the reasons to fight</font>

Mik was here! <font color=pink> <-thanks </font>

Frankensqueek
Unregistered

Best:
Executioner Champion kills a Dwrf Lord (killing Blow) which got me about 350 victory points, not bad for a champion!

Worst:
Too many to pick any particular one out.
Quote Post Goto Top

Xh!n Tarat
Member Avatar
(Mostly) Overatted.

I'll keep it to my Skaven:

WORST: 2 units of Night Runners + 1 of Gutter Runners (with poisoned hand weapons) jump on an enemy Slave unit from all directions. And then inflict 1 wound between them, while the Slaves do 5. None of my units ever stop running. And quite understandably so!!!

Best: A tie, but both by my Master Ratsassin armed with Fellblade + Talisrat of Protection. Both are fully described in the thread in Battle Reports titled The Eka Do Leviathon, so I'll just precis them here.

The first was when Sensei Skitterleaped into a unit of Black Knights commanded by a Blood Dragon Hero/ Army General in my first turn. The first challenge smashed the General and took out half the unit on Combat Res, while the second round challenge eliminated the Blood Dragon thrall of that unit, and with his demise, the whole impressive regiment turned to just so much lawn feed.

Second was against a Carnosaur riding Oldblood. After whiffing my attacks in the first round of combat (I did one wound to earn a draw as both his big reptiles air-swung), a group of Terradons swooped in. I issued a challenge to sideline the Terradons, and the other player said "I hope for your sake that your rat's got a decent Initiative value, cos mine's really good!"

"His is OK", I replied, "it's 10." A jaw dropped down on to the other side of the table.

Sensei went to work and - with 2 attacks directed against each - pulverises the Carnosaur to the tune of 9 wounds and the reptilian jockey for another 6 of the best. Mmmm, guess whose Black Hunger was satisfied then!

Ahhhh, it's good to be King!

Just my two yarns' worth,
Posted Image

Sammy the Squid
Member Avatar
Back to retirement!

Ohy another bad blunder by my beastman friend. 10 Khorngors charge the flank of my stormvermin. They lash out with 10 s 6 attacks. I thought I was in so much trouble, as my General and BSB were in that unit, and being flank charged by such a powerful unit I thought I was stuffed.

Then he killed 1 stormvermin. Thats it. From 10 s6 attacks 1 stormvermin goes down. Me and my friends who were watching didnt stop laughing. Then I won the combat, even though i was flanked, had no ranks etc. I butchered both his units and he ran!!! What a wicked trun! :D
"If the squidman can't do it, no one can!!"

Wins/Losses/Draws

Skaven Clan Rattenkrieg - 108/58/20
Dark Elves - 44/14/8
Hochland Empire - 33/14/4
Malkavian Vampires - 23/22/4
Beastmen - 50/24/2

Have not completed a Painting Vow since July 07!!

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Skaven Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply