Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Cauldron of a Thousand Poxes
Topic Started: 13th October 2004 - 03:25 PM (376 Views)
EtherealAlpaca
Rambling ranter
Here are some rules I just though of for the Clan Pestilens artifact, the Cauldron of a Thousand Poxes...enjoy!

Rare Choice
0-1 Cauldron of a Thousand Poxes 265pts

M WS BS S T W I A LD
- - - - 7 5 - - -

The cauldron of a thousand poxes may be taken in a skaven army of 1500 points or above, and the army must include 1+ unit of plague monks and a plague priest. The cauldron and it's crew cannot move.

Armour save: 4+ (Note: This is for the cauldron and not it's crew!)

Crew: 1 plague priest equipped with a flail, and two plague monks with additional hand weapons.

Special rules:

Unholy aura: All skaven units within 24" of the cauldron can re-roll failed rolls to hit in the first round of combat.

Magical Artifact: The cauldron adds 2 power dice and 1 dispel dice in the magic phase.

In addition, the cauldron can cast all of the following spells as bound spells with a power level of 4:

Plague See page 35 of the skaven army book.

Death Frenzy See page 35 of the skaven army book.

Favoured Poxes See page 43 of the Hordes of Chaos army book.

Glorious afflictions See page 43 of the Hordes of Chaos army book.

Blessing of the Horned One The cauldron has a 5+ ward save, and grants it's crew a 6+ ward save.

So..what do you think?
Posted Image

Nil mortifi sine lucre...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Khilkhret Foe-slayer
He Who Needs To Stick Around For Once
higher power level for the casting- make it be boundat the minimum to cast -3, so Plague on 10, Death Frenzy on 6, and I don't know nurgle spells...
Guess who's back?
...Yes, back again. This time to stay.
Jackety

You know what I just realized?  I wanna see Bush and Lincoln lightsaber-fight.

Enginseer Itchn'Skratch
Clanrat
Cool! I'd love to see a converted model for this!
You could use one of the Dark Elf Cauldrons of blood with a big effigy of the horned rat! Or maybe an upside-down screaming bell filled with goo!

The power levels do seem a little low - though it's already a pretty powerful item. Have you thought about some kind of variable power system like that of the screaming bell? It'd be nice to add some of that good ole' Skaven unreliability!

EtherealAlpaca
Rambling ranter
If you're willing to wait a few months, the cauldron pulled by Skragg the Slaughterer looks like the perfect base for a conversion.

I might raise the power level of spells to 5 but I don't think any more than that.
Posted Image

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Does it cast all the spells at once, or is it (only) one bounds spell per turn?

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30

EtherealAlpaca
Rambling ranter
Not sure, I think maybe a max of 2 a turn, so it's not the equivilent of a wizard (not what I intended).
Posted Image

Squeaksnak
Unregistered

Is this the one from Skavenslayer? Can't wait for the conversion.
Quote Post Goto Top

Skrit Nurglitch
Member Avatar
Underling only to the true Horned Rat!
You might want to lower the toughness value to 6 as this is the case for all the Skaven warmachines. (because of that result you can throw with the Screaming Bell.)

Maybe only one save for the Cauldron. For example only the ward save.

New bound spells which have more to do with diseases. For example you could make spells which 'Bless' your opponents units with some sort of illness. (-1 to hit, or -1 movement...)

Reduce the rate of the Unholy Aura as this is a bit too good imho.

Oh yeah, one more thing! Where's the downside for this thing? It's Skaven after all! ;) :lol:
He who runs away lives to fight another day!

vasquisk
a.k.a. I-D-I-O-T (Dark Lords of the Overempire)
Yeah, it really does need to have a downside. I'll also agree with making different spells to replace the Nurgle ones (the main reason being that I don't have Hordes of Chaos, so can never use the spells...)

I suppose the only way that you can make it a bit more unpredictable would be to do something with the spells. Maybe you could say that they're cast at power level 2D6 (a bit high, yes, but it's just like a Liche Priest...) and then say that on a double one something bad happens. Something very bad. Very, very, very bad. Yup, something like that, anyways...
Posted Image

General Vorg
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Squeeks and the Temple

arararar, i dont say this a lot (or maybe i do) but i think that might be the most balanced thing posted for weeks, and to show some apreciation, my cousin, who is currently doin a campin with me n my older brother, decided to use that couldren, we raised the bound power lvl to 5 though, and we said it move 2 inches a turn, but its crew cannot do anything that turn and, when ever you move u roll a D6, on a one, some toxc stuff spills and u must remove a plaugemonk, after that it moves 1 inch, if the 2nd 1 dies, its immobile :D

squeeeek
Posted Image

SingTheScreams
Member Avatar
Call me Sings

I like it, but i think the crew should have single hand weapons or plague censers
Posted Image
arqueek

no need to worry for soul, instead starts worshipping STS and slaughtering unbelievers in his holy name.

« Previous Topic · House Rules · Next Topic »
Add Reply