Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
The Rats Behind the Scene; Tell us a bit about yourself
Topic Started: 10th April 2004 - 04:25 AM (22,218 Views)
rykos
Member Avatar
Warlord of Clan Meekit

This thread has been moved from Off Topic to the Squeekpaw Guide as we felt it was more relevent here.

So, who are you? Feel free to describe yourself here. You can use the format shown below, or use your own; it depends on how much you want us to be able to use against you later :ph43r:
- The COXIII

just thought I'd start a topic on the rats (people?) here, just put whatever you want about yourself, I'll start the ball rolling...

who are you?
Richard Wilsher

where are you from?
Plymouth, Uk

how long have you been playing warhammer?
around 15 years now, since 3rd edition

how long have you been collecting skaven?
since the army book was released in 4th edition, although I wanted to get skaven back when I was playing 3rd edition, getting (iirc) 60 clanrats and 80 slaves as a minimum for the army was difficult in those days.

what do you love about the skaven?
well, I've always been likened to and had an afinity to rats, so it was sort of a natural transition, lol

where and how often do you play?
about once a week at my local GW store

what do you do as a day job?
well I'm a student (studying computers) and part time bar staff

well that should get the ball rolling (hopefully), nice to meet you all though :D
The Man-things will pay, yes, yes, their places will burn, burn by my paw -- Warlord Meekit

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lord Morskittar
Lord Warlock of Clan Skryre
Well, my name is Filip Haking and I live in Sweden. I'm 16 years old and I've been playing warhammer since I was 8, back then it was just the painting, (it's hard to play a game with rules in english and you live in Sweden when you're 8).
However, I didn't by my first box with clanrats until I was 10 and from then it has just continued. I really like their selfish and covardly attitude, and since I can't really find another race in the warhammer world that can match it (exept for the beastmen maybe), I've been playing skaven for 6 years now.

/Lord Morskittar
“Runaway! Runaway!”

THE HORNED ONE
Unregistered

A good-good idea! I shall give-tell yuo a small bit of my life.

Who am I?
Portents council know me as Gman, Geetarman or Pete Copper!

Where am I?
I live in south east England, in Crawley.

Wow long have you been playing warhammer?
Too long! :D Been about fifteen years since I was 8!

How long have you been collecting skaven?
I collected them ages ago but then was young, fickle asnd sold them all when the next army came out. I have been properly collecting them again since the latest army book appeared.

What do you love about the skaven?
their complete disregard for life and the way the almost emulate humanity in their eternal distrust and backstabbing ways! :D

Where and how often do you play?
Not as often as I would like, move house last year and been a bit too busy since, hope to start playing more often now though with the SoC startnig soon!

What do you do as a day job?
Very boring bit, I work as an office co-ordinator in a major life and pensinos company, project organising and the suchlike, boring desk job basically...

Nice to meet you all! :)

THE HORNED ONE
Quote Post Goto Top

Grey Seer Thanquol
The Right Hand Rat

who are you?
Wesley Kent

where are you from?
Millen, Georgia, USA

4 years

About a year

There general Attitude, Life is Cheap

Every other week

High School
The Skaven are a race of malevolent rat-men that inhabit the underground of the Warhammer world.

"Sir, we're, surrounded." ,
"Excellent. We can attack in any direction!"

The Horned Rat
Administrator

who are you?
austin Kent

where are you from?
Millen, Georgia, USA

4 years

About a year

everything :lol:

Every other week

High School

grey seer and i are brothers if you can't tell :D
Kill-Kill

Warlord_Decuma
Member Avatar
Lord of the Living Tide

Who are you?
Devon Monkhouse

Where are you from?
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

3 years

3 years

Kill-kill, oh...I can be cowardly, mean, and KILL MY OWN UNITS :D (I have on occasion)

once, twice a week, the community up here is hopping, if I really wanted too, I could easily get in 6 games a week!

University student.
How much Doom could a Doomflayer flay if a Doom Flayer could flay Doom?

Dark Angel
Member Avatar
Evil Space Wolf
My name is Edwin Henry Varsava, i'm 14. I live in Vancuver, B.C. with my parents of course. I got no job so I can only get stuff on B-day and X-mas and my b-day past a week ago and I was a dumbass and got 40k stuff... o well, they are cool to.

I've been playing warhammer for around 1 year and still getting used to rules and ok at painting. My army WAS 1 chieftain, 1 clan rat regiment and 1 ratling gun... than my mom trashed my clanrat regiment so now im only a chieftain with a gun.

I love that skaven are monster type creatures and follow the evilness like plague and assassins. I can't play much cause got no real people to play with and i've only player a few skrimishes.

I guess you could conside my job as a k-12 student (high school.)

Thats about it folks, bye. ;)
I was one of the first! I ruled apon my clan! Than they turned on me like cowards! I walk the planet searching for awnswers to this curse! I will rule once again! Squeek-squeek! Death to all those who oppose me!

Grey Seer Oquol
Unregistered

Who am I?
Been around on lots of different forums under different names. No-one here will probably remember/recognise me.

Where am I?
I decline to answer that question because I fear that the answer would incriminate me.

Wow long have you been playing warhammer?
Not that long actually – I managed to squeeze in a couple of 5th edition games when I first started. Done a lot of other though…

How long have you been collecting Skaven?
I started when the 6th edition came out and I have never played any 5th edition Skaven.

What do you love about the Skaven?
Their chivalry, bravery and self-sacrifice.

Not as often anymore. I hardly ever play 2k games anymore; when I play these days it’s usually around 5k.

What do you do as a day job?
I’m a salesman and YES it is just as boring as you might imagine!
Quote Post Goto Top

Verminous Fang
Member Avatar

My name is Robert Nelson, I'm in San Diego, California, USA.

I've been playing about 2 months, 1-2 games a week at the "local" game store (it's about 20-30 minutes away).

I started collecting Skaven about 2 years (yes, it took that long to get a game in, travelling job).

The Skaven models are really cool, as are the special rules. I like the idea that they aren't in the least concerned with the dishonor of refusing a challenge, that they feel safe in large groups, etc. I also like their fluff. You get a real sense of "on the outside looking in", in that they want civilization, and copy it as much as possible, but still have no idea what civilization is.
Go forth my brethren, that we shall nibble at the roots of the old world!

We are the rats in the shadows. We hold the blades of corruption, aimed at the very heart of the Old World. We are The Council of Thirteen.

Second place in the UnderEmpire painting competition!

Posted Image

Warppaw
Unregistered

Who am I?
I rarely give out my name on the net, so you're stuck with warppaw.

Where am I?
Way up in the frozen land of Norway.

I've been playing on and off for four years now, and have been collecting skaven for two of them.

What I love about skaven are their broken minds; scheming, paranoid, and caring only for themself. Great fluff and models isn't a disadvantage either.

I don't play half as often as I would like, but hopefully, the SoC will give me a chance to get some more games in.

Dayjob?
Student.
Quote Post Goto Top

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Member Avatar
Bunny ear says flop

Very handy such a topic! Here it goes:

Who am I?
Vincent van Dam, aka Skaven Lord Vinshqueek on the dutch GW forum but Vinz D. on several other forums as well as on MSN

Where am I?
The small village of Sassenheim in the Netherlands (for the people who don't know where it is, check your world map and look between the UK and Germany).

How long playing warhammer?
Hmm... think, think... propably for about 4-5 years.

How long collecting Skaven?
My first army, so 4-5 years as well.

What do I love about Skaven?
Skaven? They have fur, are short and simply want to rule the world... if you've seen politicians you know what I mean (grin, no pun intended).

I play with friends in town and sometimes out of town... last few months not so much anymore since I'm in exam weeks (again <_< ), but it varies from Border Patrol towards 6k battles.

Dayjob:
student, distribution centre of some supermarket, assistent project-leader (in the construction).

Extra note: I have a complete obsession of GW (who doesn't) and now counting up towards 2 warhammer armies, 2 warhammer 40k armies (3 soon, with the witch hunters released), 3 bfg fleets, 5 bloodbowl teams, 4 mordheim gangs, and a handfull of necromunda... but with the SoC coming up I'm painting all my Skaven up again, and flexing the muscles to see if I'm still able to kick some butt.

Nice to meet you lots!

Greetz
In the Horned One we trust, all others we monitor.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Skaven track record [W/D/L] @ 17th of August, 2014: BB 34/19/55; MH 9/2/6; WHF 17/8/30

Argan
*Rat of Brass Squeek*
i am Greg Thompson and i live in Leeds, England (for u americans) and yeah a northener on t'internet!! :lol:
Im always called Argan on any forum, or possibly Ikit Finkel, which is my Gray Seers name
I liev in Rawdon which is in northern leeds, i think
i have been playing warhammer since i was 6 and im 15 now so thats 9 years, it was mostly 40k but now i mostly play fantasy with two friends I like the skaven for their ingenius insanety, its just so cool. And who wouldnt like Ninja rats??!!
i play almost every week in the working/school week at my local GW, in the hols i play almost every day

And im a school boy!!!!! :blink:
Chuck Norris is ten feet tall, weighs two-tons, breathes fire, and could eat a hammer and take a shotgun blast standing.

It takes Chuck Norris 20 minutes to watch 60 Minutes.

On his birthday, Chuck Norris randomly selects one lucky child to be thrown into the sun.

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in Germany.

Scientists have estimated that the energy given off during the Big Bang is roughly equal to 1CNRhK (Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kick)

Scarnose
Unregistered

My name is Anton and I live in Sweden. I've been painting Warhammer in nearly one year know, and I started with Skaven at same time as I started with Warhammer. The thing I love about the Skaven is the models and fluff, it's so good!
I'm still studying in school.

Well, it's very nice to be on this forum with all of you, I hope you feel the same.
Quote Post Goto Top

Warlock
The Thing that goes Squeek in the Night

Name:
Robert Anderson

Been playing warhammer for about 1 year now and have just recently started Skaven... I used to play Dark Elves, but never felt a good connection with them. I fell ag ood connection with the army fluff, play, and organization of the Skaven... plus Rats with Machine Guns are really cool. I love the modeling opportunites as well. I'm 17 and in High School (Junior) and play about 3+ times a week with my brother (who plays Bretonnians) because the local store closed... and there's no GW in Alaska...
When you think everything is going your way- some little snot-nosed brat gets in the way and ruins your day. This little punk does something so simple that completely destroys any chance of you having a good year. This SoB didn't even know that their actions would have such an abysmal impact upon your life. Geez, some people are so insensitive.

Now I have to get my car repaired.

Xh!n Tarat
Member Avatar
(Mostly) Overatted.

My Name: Richard "oozeboss" Naco. I use a whole mess of nicks on the net (I am literally on every WHFB site going).

Location: The very bowels of The Ratvolution ............. which in this case is about 25-30kms south of Sydney, Australia.

Warhammer Experience: I started Warhammering in 1995, but I'd played historical games before then since 1975 (I'm 46yo, btw).

Skaven Experience: I ran a brilliant little army at the 2001 Sydney GT where I had my worst ever placing in a tournament (around 20th out of 50 odd - but I was stone motherless last after 2 rounds with precisely 0 VPs so there was a quite significant recovery in the later rounds) but I had the best fun ever and won the Sportsmanship prize & Most Hilarious Army award. I sold that army off to pay for more minis and have been kicking myself ever since.

What I love about Skaven: There are two main things (out of a whole swarm of reasons to play them), the first of which is that their fluff is really incredibly laugh inducing. They really are the funniest army in the game, especially as they seem to me to be the complete antithesis of the notion of 'Herohammer'.

I also appreciate that they are an army which - although they do offer a great diversity of army types - really do reward a player devoted to flanks, ranks and the application of sound basic tactical principles.

Frequency & Location of games: I live within walking distance of the home of Sydney's greatest gaming club, so I have a game or 2 every Friday night. I also play at tournaments (although I am taking 2004 off) so I get another 5 weekends of concentrated gaming.

Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Squeekpaw Guide to the UnderEmpire · Next Topic »
Add Reply