Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Painting Vows - October; 2017
Topic Started: 4th October 2017 - 12:36 AM (59 Views)
Guildenstern
Member Avatar

Painting Vows: October 2017

Starting to move into our colder months, here in the northern hemisphere; Fall festivals in many places abound! The GW Armies on Parade starts this month so if you're looking for a big project you have the perfect opportunity. And if you're looking for something smaller, this would be a good month to break out some of your spooky monster models.

As always be sure to ask for advice if you have questions, and enjoy yourself!

- Guildenstern

on behalf of the Hobby Tunnels team

Reference List for Vow Values

Assembly
1 V.V.P. for each man sized model.
2 V.V.P.s for each ogre sized model on large bases, weapon teams, and cavalry (same for Tyranid warrior size models).
5 V.V.P.s for Hell Pit Abominations, Screaming Bells/Plague Furnaces, Warp Lightning Cannons, monstrous creatures, tanks, or other large-sized models.

NB - Forge World models will vary a lot in size, so ask us to help determine a value for these.

Painting
2 V.V.P.s for non-character man-sized models.
4 V.V.P.s for weapon teams or other man-sized models on a cavalry base.
5 V.V.P.s for characters or ogre-sized models (on large bases - same for 40K).
10 V.V.P.s for Hell Pit Abominations, Screaming Bells/Plague Furnaces, Warp Lightning Cannons, monstrous creatures, tanks, or other large-sized models.
For items that don't fall into any of these categories, including Forge World models, describe the item and we'll come up with a points value.

Basing
1 V.V.P.s for each model based.

Conversions/Green stuff
1 V.V.P.s for a small conversion/green stuff job.
2 V.V.P.s for a large conversion/green stuff job.
4 V.V.P.s for an extremely large conversion/green stuff job.

[/color]
Scenery Vow Values

Assembly
0 V.V.P. for pieces requiring no assembly (i.e.: hills).
3 V.V.P.s for Walls and Fences, Temple of Skulls, etc..
5 V.V.P.s for Chapel, Watchtower, Woods, Dreadstone Blight, Arcane Fulcrums, etc..
6 V.V.P.s for building and basing a 2' x 2' section of game board or display board. (There are no points for this if you use a pre-made board, such as the Citadel Realm of Battle Gameboard or the Battle Foam X-Board Travel Display Board.)
7 V.V.P.s for the Garden of Morr
10 V.V.P.s for extremely complex pieces like Skullvane Manse, Witchfate Tor, and the Fortified Manor House.

Painting
4 V.V.P.s for Gaming Hill, Modular Gaming Hill, Walls and Fences set, Temple of Skulls, etc..
5 V.V.P.s for Chapel, Watchtower, Woods, Dreadstone Blight, Arcane Fulcrums, etc..
6 V.V.P.s for painting and completing a 2' x 2' section of game board or display board.
15 V.V.P.s for the Garden of Morr
20 V.V.P.s for extremely complex scenery pieces like Skullvane Manse, Witchfate Tor, or the Fortified Manor House.

Note
There will be no extra points for basing scenery pieces or adding static grass, as that is included in the Painting value. Also, the Fortified Manor House gets to have its walls treated separately, as though they were a separate Walls and Fences set. So you'd get 20 points for painting the Fortified Manor House proper, plus another 4 points for painting the walls and fences that came with it.

You'll have to be truthful about what you've done. We can't investigate, so tell the truth; otherwise, you're just lying to yourself.

Turning Vow Ratings into P.R.S. Points

This is the number of V.V.P.s you need to accumulate to achieve each vow rank (and also the P.R.S. points achieved per vow rank achieved)

• Easy = 10-30 V.V.P.s (1 P.R.S. point)
  • Medium = 31-70 V.V.P.s (2 P.R.S. points)
  • Hard = 71-100 V.V.P.s (3 P.R.S. points)
  • Insane = 101-130 V.V.P.s (5 P.R.S. points)
  • Completely Insane = 131-199 V.V.P.s (8 P.R.S. points)
  • Pigmental = 200+ V.V.P.s (12 P.R.S. points)
  • Pigmental Plus = 300+ V.V.P.s (12 P.R.S. points, +1 additional P.R.S. point for every 100 V.V.P.s over 200. )

Pigmental Plus is a category designed for painters who wish to complete exceptionally ambitious vows, it gives +1 additional P.R.S. point for every 100 points above the basic 200 V.V.P. Pigmental level. So 403 V.V.P.s would earn 14 P.R.S. points--12 P.R.S. points for the initial 200 V.V.P.s, plus another 2 P.R.S. points for the additional 203 V.V.P.s The value of a 403 V.V.P. vow would be expressed as Pigmental +2.

CODE Form to Fill Out

Copy and paste the form below into a reply post, and fill in what you vow to do and work out your V.V.P.s and vow rating.

Copy what you've done, and paste that into your post again. The second time put [ CODE ] [ /CODE ] tags around it, so we can just copy and paste this into the initial post, without having to mutate each post individually (which takes ages).

This makes life a lot easier for us when it comes to working the Painting Vows system and ratings, and will stop arguments, as you can work out exactly what rating your vows will get!

Replace things in CAPS with the required information.

Remove any areas you don't use.

In our sample code, "x" represents an integer. Make sure you calculate the V.V.P.s and exchange the "x" in each set of brackets with the number of points you get for each item. Thus, when you begin your vows, the line
Code:

[b][i]Total completed [color=green]x V.V.P.s[/color] = x P.R.S. POINTS[/i][/b]
will normally read
Code:

[b][i]Total completed [color=green]0 V.V.P.s[/color] = 0 P.R.S. POINTS[/i][/b]

Feel free to add other areas such as Buy: if you want to.

Code:

[b]NAME - VOW RATING[/b]

[b]Assemble:[/b]
ITEM (x V.V.P.s) -
ITEM 2 (x V.V.P.s) -
etc.

[b]Conversion/Green Stuff:[/b]
ITEM (x V.V.P.s) -
etc.

[b]Paint:[/b]
ITEM (x V.V.P.s) -
ITEM 2 (x V.V.P.s) -
etc.

[b]Base:[/b]
ITEM (x V.V.P.s) -
etc.

[b][i]Total [color=red]x V.V.P.s[/color] = x P.R.S. POINTS[/i][/b]
[b][i]Total completed [color=green]x V.V.P.s[/color] = x P.R.S. POINTS[/i][/b]

Example

Scarfester - Medium

Assemble:
10 Clanrats (10 V.V.P.s) -
2 Rat Ogres (4 V.V.P.s) -

Paint:
10 Clanrats (20 V.V.P.s) - Completed!
2 Rat Ogres (10 V.V.P.s) -
1 Ratling Gun (4 V.V.P.s) -

Base:
2 Rat Ogres (2 V.V.P.s) -
1 Ratling Gun (1 V.V.P.s) -

Total 61 V.V.P.s = 2 P.R.S. POINTS
Total completed 20 V.V.P.s = 1 P.R.S. POINT

Code:

[b]Scarfester - Medium[/b]

[b]Assemble:[/b]
2 Rat Ogres (4 V.V.P.s) -

[b]Paint:[/b]
10 Clanrats (20 V.V.P.s) - [color=red]Completed![/color]
2 Rat Ogres (10 V.V.P.s) -
1 Ratling Gun (4 V.V.P.s) -

[b]Base:[/b]
2 Rat Ogres (2 V.V.P.s) -
1 Ratling Gun (1 V.V.P.s) -

[b][i]Total [color=red]61 V.V.P.s[/color] = 2 P.R.S. POINTS[/i][/b]
[b][i]Total completed [color=green]20 V.V.P.s[/color] = 1 P.R.S. POINT[/i][/b]

Use
Code:

[color=red]Completed![/color]
for each section you have completed.

Show your list twice

Note that the same list appears twice in this post, once regularly, and one in a code window. Including your list in a code window format allows it to be easily copied and pasted into the initial vows list by a member of the P&H team without us having to go in and edit your post.

The simplest way for you to do this is to enter your vows normally, using the correct formatting, and then copy them to the clipboard. With your vows still visible in your post, and also stored on the clipboard, hit ENTER, and then click on the Code button up top, above where it says "Full BBCode List". Place your cursor in between the CODE tags, and then paste in a copy of your vows.

• You are welcome to make new vows or change your existing vows up until the very end of the month.
  • For EACH update you post, post your updated CODE list, so that it is quick and easy for us to copy/paste into the vows list.
  • Do not update your vows by mutating your original post. We don't go back to see how people's posts may have changed. If you need to update or change your vows, do so by making a new post!

We suggest that you keep a copy of your vows list saved on your desktop, updating and saving it as you go. If you do that, you'll only have a small amount to change, copying and pasting the list every time you update your vows.

:bow:
Conga Rats to our last finisher o' the Vows:

Guildenstern
:bow:

The October 2017 Painting Vows
Listed in alphabetical order by member name

---
Love to paint? Looking to improve? Or do you just enjoy contests? Check out the upcoming Painting Competition Categories!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Hobby Challenges and Competitions · Next Topic »
Add Reply