Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Total warhammer: II We shall Inherit
Topic Started: 31st March 2017 - 04:01 PM (1,109 Views)
Blood Vixen
Member Avatar
All hail the Age of Skaven
Ok ok so theres no "Skaven" in the trailer itself, but they're certainly teased.

For your veiwing pleasure
Shhhh I'm not here
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tramp
Member Avatar
Chieftain
Forgive me ignorance, but is total war any good? That trailer looks great but I've not played the first, are they worth playing?

Blood Vixen
Member Avatar
I certainly enjoy them, but its certainly worth checking out youtube trailers and the like if your interested. :)
Shhhh I'm not here

SkavenDan
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
If you put the trailer on pause on the logo and put the quality on 1080 and full screen on the bottom right hand corner you see skaven runes on the logo.
Posted Image Twitter @SkavenDan

YouTube SkavenDan

SkavenBlight Radio Website

Twitch SkavenDan

ratboy25
Clanrat
There were definitely some rat folk on screen when the elf wizard did his thing and it all went purple. I jusr wish they'd make it easier to have multiple armies this time around. Having more than two just crippled your income too much.

Blood Vixen
Member Avatar
ratboy25
1st April 2017 - 09:16 AM
There were definitely some rat folk on screen when the elf wizard did his thing and it all went purple. I jusr wish they'd make it easier to have multiple armies this time around. Having more than two just crippled your income too much.
I can't see it :(
Shhhh I'm not here

Warlord Arskittar
Member Avatar
Master of Hell Pit

ratboy25
1st April 2017 - 09:16 AM
Neither can I.

One thing that is worth noting is the rat at the end.
Plague rat I think; potentially could see Lord Shrolk as the racial leader?
Moulder Pitfighters Development
With life settling down, Arskittar is once again back on the forums, lurking in the corners out of site....

ratboy25
Clanrat
Maybe I imagined it then? I'd be surprised there's no skaven in the game if they're putting races like the seraphon in there though, skaven are far more popular.

Tramp
Member Avatar
Chieftain
It looks good, I watched some gameplay shorts on YouTube and they fun, I haven't really played strategy games since I gave up playing age of empires 2

Blood Vixen
Member Avatar
Tramp
2nd April 2017 - 09:22 AM
It looks good, I watched some gameplay shorts on YouTube and they fun, I haven't really played strategy games since I gave up playing age of empires 2
Depressingly, Warhammer games are fast becoming the last bastion of computer Strategy games, there hasn't been very many successful RTS games for a while now outside of the Warhammer series. (Even Blizzards starcraft is ailing)
Shhhh I'm not here

Dethos
Member Avatar
Fangsnapper's Clawpack
Looking good, my laptop just can't run it ! I've decided to invest more on tabletop gaming and related activities, I feel it is more rewarding in the long run and has more lasting value.
Posted Image
Eightpeaks.net - Hobby site based on the lore of Karak Eight Peaks

Sketch
Member Avatar
scratchings and squeakings

Ascension and Inheritance!!

While there's technically no skaven shown in the trailer everyone on the TW forums is dead certain that skaven are indeed the 4th faction in TW:WH2, a glowy-eyed rat is just too much of a giveaway and Sega have confirmed that there will be 4 races for this game. Given that this game is taking place across Lustria, Southlands, Ulthuan and Naggaroth though I can't really guess who our Legendary Lords are going to be. I always thought it would be Queek and Thanquol but since there's to be so much jungle stuff I'm suddenly pretty sure that Skrolk is going to feature. Possibly one of Queek/Thanquol might come later as DLC?

Total War: Warhammer 1 is a really excellent PC game. Rome 2 was a bit of a horrible bungle in the franchise but they've learned from their mistakes and Warhammer is a beautifully polished game that I highly recommend. I have a short Steam review of it here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048843639/recommended/ It'll never match the magic of the models and tabletop game but it's addictive, convenient fun that I can play on my laptop which is nice. If you're prepared to buy TW:WH2 then I'd recommend getting TW:WH1 as well (but make sure to get it half-price in a sale!!) as the two games will link together and you'll be able to take your skaven back to conquer the old world. The old world and the factions in it (Empire, Vamps, Orcs, Dwarfs etc) are also a lot of fun to play and you definitely get your money's worth out of the game. There is however a lot of VERY expensive DLC for these games and I wouldn't recommend getting all of it (I only have Chaos and Wood Elves so far and I'm fine with that, still get a very full experience from the base game). The game itself looks gorgeous and is very faithful to all the old warhammer lore for which I love it. Only thing is as Dethos mentioned it's very graphics-intensive and my old laptop (Nvidia GT750) can just barely run it on minimum graphics and the loading times are just glacial on a hard disk. All in all you do need quite an expensive rig to run it at its full potential and if you're short on cash it might be worth waiting 'til you can afford the proper hardware for it.

ratboy25

Maybe I imagined it then? I'd be surprised there's no skaven in the game if they're putting races like the seraphon in there though, skaven are far more popular.
What the hell's a Seraphon?? ;)
Raining Blood / M(elrik)atriculation / Twikitch's Triumph
Posted ImagePosted Image

NiallJC1984
Member Avatar

Sketch
3rd April 2017 - 12:16 PM
ratboy25

What the hell's a Seraphon?? ;)

Haha, I saw that by Ratboy and chuckled - "Someone's gonna bite" I thought :D

My issue at the moment is my broken graphics card :( Justifying the many hundreds of pounds to replace it is a bit of an ask at the moment but I'm so jealous of everyone who's been able to play TW Warhammer!
Edited by NiallJC1984, 3rd April 2017 - 02:54 PM.
"All decent folk find the common rat repulsive. Harbinger of disease, it scavenges on our waste-heaps and frightens our children. How immeasurably worse then is the foul Skaven - standing on its hindlegs in foul parody of a human. Rats as tall as man, and blessed with the most vile intellect and cunning. They are the dark side of our souls, come to destroy us for our sins."
Albrecht of Nuln - Burned at the stake, IC 1301 for pernicious declamation.
Posted Image

Follow me on Twitter! @NiallJC1984
High Elf Painting Blog: The Glittering Host
Skaven Painting Blog: All Tunnels Lead to Skavenblight

Royos
Member Avatar

It's something I've been interested in for a while. But the big thing that stops me from buying TWW1 is all the downloading that will be required to get the added content. I'm in an area where I can't get propper internet, I have to use a dongle and it's really expensive so it would end up costing a fortune to download all that stuff. So, for me, it's a matter of waiting. I don't really have much time for PC games at the moment anyway, so that makes me feel a bit better. Although, Easter holidays are coming up soon :(
Royhammer (Army Diary)

Blood Vixen
Member Avatar
I think them not having Thanquol at release is gonna be a bad move, my guess would be Thanquol and skrolk/nurglitch. With Thanquol being a hard caster while Skrolk takes a more priest style role ala volkmar the grim/helman ghorst.
Shhhh I'm not here

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Skaven Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply