Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Vote for up to two candidates to sit on the Council of XIII - VOTING CLOSED
Blood Vixen 12 (27.9%)
Dez 11 (25.6%)
Royos 13 (30.2%)
s'nkeep 7 (16.3%)
Total Votes: 43
Council Election (to replace Math & Sketch); VOTING Closed - Congratulations, Dez & Royos
Topic Started: 23rd January 2017 - 09:48 AM (1,203 Views)
Olorin the Ancient
Member Avatar

Posted Image
VOTE
January 23-February 5, 2017

It is time to select two new Council members to fill the seats vacated by Mathusala0 and Sketch. The four applicants, listed in alphabetical order and approved by the current members of the Council of XIII, are:
  • Blood Vixen
  • Dez
  • Royos
  • s'nkeep
All are longtime members of the UnderEmpire who have made valuable contributions to the community over many years. Blood Vixen and s'nkeep have been members for more than a decade, and s'nkeep is a Lord of Decay, having previously served on the Council from 2005-2008. Meanwhile, Dez has been a member here for over seven years, and is an experienced moderator over at Miniwargaming.com, while Royos, the newest of the candidates with just under five years at the UnderEmpire, is the creator and moderator of the UnderEmpire's current "Stranded" RPG. Both Royos and Dez are also mainstays of the Hobby Tunnels, and each has won the UE's painting competitions on multiple occasions. For more details about the candidates, see the Candidates' Letters of Intent thread.

Choose your candidates carefully, as votes once entered cannot be undone. This election will close on February 5, 2017.

- Olorin the Ancient

- Olorin the Ancient
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SkavenDan
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
What happens if 2/3 is a draw?
Posted Image Twitter @SkavenDan

YouTube SkavenDan

SkavenBlight Radio Website

Twitch SkavenDan

Dez
Member Avatar

SkavenDan
24th January 2017 - 12:06 PM
Thunderdome.
Posted Image

Ratty Gnawtail
Member Avatar
Scribble-thing

Dez
24th January 2017 - 03:04 PM
SkavenDan
24th January 2017 - 12:06 PM
Thunderdome.
Alright, i'll go and raid the Council armoury. Even if most of that consists of sticks, brooms, and a drinks trolley...

Very close running at any rate! :)
The (mostly) Complete Works of Ratty
Ratty's Short Story Entries Collection

Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar

We could always just release a few more inactive councilors and seat all the tied applicants.
-img-http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/underempire/PRS%20Banners/2hfhshwet.jpg[/img]
This Space for Rent

Dez
Member Avatar

Nurglitch IX
24th January 2017 - 09:42 PM
We could always just release a few more inactive councilors and seat all the tied applicants.
The Master Blaster effect!
Posted Image

Rusty Tincanne
Member Avatar
...you can still call me Rusty Tincanne if you want, though.

I know candidates. I voted for the best candidates. Ask anyone. They'll tell you that all the best candidates are my candidates.[/language="Trump"]

As to what happens, there would likely be some sort of run off. Maybe take the top three and re-run the election? But more likely that some savvy member will save their vote until the last minute minute and act as a tie breaker. ;) (Not this guy, though. I am definitely not savvy. Not anymore, anyhow.)

Good luck to all candidates. You all look good on your LoI's.

Olorin the Ancient
Member Avatar

Posted Image

There are rules and precedents that cover Council elections, and a tie has happened before. In the spring of 2011, we held a two-seat election to replace Bodacious and Lord Lughtigern. There were five candidates on the ballot for the two seats (two of whom were SkavenDan and Blood Vixen, so they should remember this--but then, so should Rusty, since he was on the Council at the time). CapAmr05 came in first place, with 31 votes, but second place was a tie between Warlock Matik and Dark Lord Nihilus. Cap was immediately elevated to the Council, while a runoff election was held for the second seat. In the runoff, 21 votes were cast for Warlock Matik and 16 votes for Dark Lord Nihilus, do that Matik was elected to the second seat. Here is the exact text of the Council's ruling regarding the need for a runoff.

Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
21st April 2011
Despite the nineteenth having been a few days ago, we're ending the voting round at this point with the following results:

- CapAmr05 has 29 votes
- Both Warlock Matik and Dark Lord Nihilus have 18 votes
- Blood Vixen has 16 votes
- SkavenDan has 15 votes

After a bit of an internal debate over what course of action to take in the Council, we have decided to do a five-day voting round between Matik and Nihilus to let you decide which of the two will become the new Council member.

If we were to wind up with a tie, we would follow this precedent and hold a runoff.
- Olorin the Ancient

Ratty Gnawtail
Member Avatar
Scribble-thing

Nurglitch IX
I dunno, I made sure we used very strong glue to attach them to their chairs. Also, I take it i'm not one of these councillors? I kinda want to be the longest holder of my seat even if the fluff scene resembles Nagash's wardrobe. :P

In any case, a very tough decision between four great member-things. I don't envy those who have yet to vote...
The (mostly) Complete Works of Ratty
Ratty's Short Story Entries Collection

s'nkeep
Member Avatar
Ajax = warpstone juice

Just need to soak them in simply green
Posted Image

Nurglitch IX
Member Avatar

Ratty Gnawtail
25th January 2017 - 06:14 PM
Nurglitch IX
I dunno, I made sure we used very strong glue to attach them to their chairs. Also, I take it i'm not one of these councillors? I kinda want to be the longest holder of my seat even if the fluff scene resembles Nagash's wardrobe. :P

In any case, a very tough decision between four great member-things. I don't envy those who have yet to vote...
It's a safe bet if you've logged in this calendar year you're not on the list of Coucilors who might have expired without us noticing.
-img-http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/underempire/PRS%20Banners/2hfhshwet.jpg[/img]
This Space for Rent

Blood Vixen
Member Avatar
All hail the Age of Skaven
I've been nominated so many times now that if I was to win, I wouldn't even be all that sure what to do with it. xD In fact even with my abscence I think I might've been the single most nominated but never elected member of the Underempire! xD
Shhhh I'm not here

SkavenDan
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
I muse have nominated you like 4 times before can we do it finally!
Posted Image Twitter @SkavenDan

YouTube SkavenDan

SkavenBlight Radio Website

Twitch SkavenDan

s'nkeep
Member Avatar
Ajax = warpstone juice

13th times the charm #govixen
Posted Image

Rusty Tincanne
Member Avatar
...you can still call me Rusty Tincanne if you want, though.

Olorin the Ancient
25th January 2017 - 01:56 AM
There are rules and precedents that cover Council elections, and a tie has happened before....so they should remember this--but then, so should Rusty, since he was on the Council at the time...

I couldn't remember if it was a run off for just the two that tied or if all three were in the mix. Both seem valid options and I sort of remember there being a discussion as to which was the route to go.

Or maybe I'm just old and senile. But that senility certainly does not dispute BV's claim to having been nominated the most times. She may even hold the record for Member Most Often Not Voted to Moderator Status. (There were a few times her nomination never made it to the ballot, back in the day.) I'll be pleased as punch if she is elected. Veteran member that has made the switch to AOS with a good mind for strategy. [/color]
Edited by Rusty Tincanne, 25th January 2017 - 11:48 PM.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · UnderEmpire Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply