Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Retirement letter; long overdue
Topic Started: 5th November 2016 - 01:18 PM (605 Views)
Mathusala0
Member Avatar
The Evil Underlord

Hey guys and gals,

I've spent a long time with this community and its wonderful, diverse, and unique members. I owe this site a debt that cannot ever truly be repaid as this site helped shape me as an individual. I Got to learn how people all over the world play and paint, how they interact and communicate, how they hope and dream. I've been with this family for 6 years now (even if the last one was mostly lurking) and there are countless moments i'll treasure and remember and people i'll never forget and hopefully bonds that will last for longer than I can imagine.

The truth is for a long time now I've been getting more distant. I've had real life start to overtake me with a small home grown business and my day (night) job. I haven't even put my Skaven on the table in some time (preferring my humies or my nightstalkers in KoW, and starting to pick up Bolt Action). While I still love this site and hope we will forever grow and forever mutate, I'm just to bogged down right now to fulfill my duties as a Councilor. My final act of sorts was to try and leave the site in the hands of those who cared about the current state of affairs and who were as in touch with the community as I once was with my (very botched, rushed, and honestly terrible) push for the election of our most recent mods. They've done a great job keeping things rolling and helping the site recover these past months and I couldn't be prouder of us for it. This site has withstood a shockwave that I thought was the death knoll.

I'll still be here, watching in the shadows and giving my two cents when I can. but for now I'm just glad to have had the pleasure of being a part of this site.

Thanks Y'all

-Mathusala0
:')
Posted Image
The Glossary of Common Underempire Lingo
The Skaven Guide to competitive list building (8th Edition)
The Skaven Castle Formation
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wolfwerty33
Member Avatar
Agent Supreme of the Shadow Council
We'll miss you.
The tale of the Shadow Council (WIP)

Njaaa
Chieftain
Al least you'll stay 'round.... lurking :-)

Guildenstern
Member Avatar

:( RL has to take first priority, grats on growing the small business tho! That's a huge undertaking!

Good luck in all your future stuffs :D

Lurker status is a natural for Skaven so you're set! :runner:
Love to paint? Looking to improve? Or do you just enjoy contests? Check out the upcoming Painting Competition Categories!
Posted Image

Malkrit
Member Avatar
Chosen of vermintide
Goodluck Mathusala, thank you ever so much for all the effort you put in over the years.
Daemon adoptable

The campaign of destruction begins..

Posted Image

Ratty Gnawtail
Member Avatar
Totally not a magpie

*Reawakens*

Sorry to here that, Math. :(

Thank you from the bottom of my black and withered heart-meat for all the amazing contributions you've put into this forum. And good luck with all your future endeavours! :)
The (mostly) Complete Works of Ratty
Ratty's Short Story Entries Collection

nazarath
Chieftain
Good luck Math and thanks for your efforts, I always enjoyed reading your posts!

rjward1999
Member Avatar
You can change this?
:'( Bye Math, we will miss you :( As Guildy has mentioned, life is the important factor here... but maybe a postcard ;) Jokes aside, well done and good luck for everything that's thrown your way (I said wait!)
Chinese Proverb

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not is a fool forever.

Posted Image

Ratty Gnawtail
Member Avatar
Totally not a magpie

Also, does this mean I get my shiny gold colour back? :P
The (mostly) Complete Works of Ratty
Ratty's Short Story Entries Collection

SkavenDan
Member Avatar
Doomwheel Fanatic
Cya Mathusala0 I hope your business venture takes off.

SD
Posted Image Twitter @SkavenDan

YouTube SkavenDan

SkavenBlight Radio Website

Twitch SkavenDan

Royos
Member Avatar

Adios amigo.

Let the Great Horned One guide you on to new and better things...

(or kill you in your sleep for being a traitor). Dev
Royhammer (Army Diary)

Dwarfbane
Member Avatar
Warlord
So very late to the party... But dude! Are you still here even now? Lurking?
If the solution isn't 'Rat ogres' then I'm afraid there's not really a problem to start with ... :-D

W/L/D
Vampire counts 6/2/0
High elves 1/0/0
Dark elves 1/1/0
Lizardmen 0/1/1

Mathusala0
Member Avatar
The Evil Underlord

Dwarfbane
2nd April 2018 - 09:24 PM
So very late to the party... But dude! Are you still here even now? Lurking?
.....Squeak

I still have Underempire as my homepage and check it regularly. I just don't have as much to post here. The Kings of War community is all based in 3000+ facebook groups.

I occasionally upload some painting stuff as I've moved on to working with more armies than just Rats. Every once in a while I see someone post an 8th ed list and toss in critique
Posted Image
The Glossary of Common Underempire Lingo
The Skaven Guide to competitive list building (8th Edition)
The Skaven Castle Formation

« Previous Topic · UnderEmpire Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply